Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,121 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness (1759 Views)

Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Created In God's Image And Likeness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

okay.

Read 1 John 5:7

29You hide Your countenance and they are frightened; You gather in their spirit and they perish and return to dust
30You will send forth Your spirit and they will be created, and You will renew the surface of the ground.
31The glory of the Lord will be forever; the Lord will rejoice with His works.

We are spiritual beings dwelling in a physical body made of dust..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Kayouzka(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Scatterscatter:
Talking about "in God's image & likeness" points to the tripite nature of God.

God the father (soul)
God the Spirit (Spirit)
God the Son (body)

Mind you, God is one but He manifests in different dimensions.

Man is also a tripite being because we are a Spirit, we have a Soul and we live in a body.

Meaning man is God

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are quoting a fabrication for me.. If I quote Koran for you will you accept it?.. We need something outside of the new testament to confirm it... Give me an Evidence from the old testament that God had a son or that we are expected to believe the death of the messiah in other to be saved..

lol. I will give you. But do you actually need it when Jesus HIMSELF said it? If truly you are a Christian as you call yourself..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Playthepianos: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

29You hide Your countenance and they are frightened; You gather in their spirit and they perish and return to dust
30You will send forth Your spirit and they will be created, and You will renew the surface of the ground.
31The glory of the Lord will be forever; the Lord will rejoice with His works.

We are spiritual beings dwelling in a physical body made of dust..

and who is saying that we aren't spirits?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by judedwriter(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
Gen.1:26 "God created man in his own image and likeness."Does it refer to the bodily or biological form,because God is a spirit and man is earthly,it is also true that the body does not belong to the image,since God does not have a body.

God has a body, a spiritual body.

God created man as a spiritual body as Himself but he clothed him with a physical body.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by coputa(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
judedwriter:

God created man as a spiritual body as Himself but he clothed him with a physical body.
A body is a form,spirit have no form,if the spirit of God dwells in man,why is man falible.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

Lol. Did you know that of all you just quoted, you just proved yourself wrong and proved me right?

Man, this is deception. The Devil has successfully deceived many of us.

Kindly explain 1 John 5:7 if you say the Trinity is a man-made concept.

Besides I didn't say God is three. Read the 1 John 5:7 to understand.

Bros, you are DECEIVING yourself and console YOURSELF grin

Revelations 3:5,12 Jesus Christ CONFESSED himself is God's Son in heaven.
John 20:17 Jesus Christ himself CONFESSED himself is God's Son on earth and in heaven.

Apostle Paul CONFESSED Jesus himself can NOT Lie ...(1 Cor3:23. 2 Cor 11:31)
The only option is .."Playthepianos" LIED..

1st John 5:7 KJV FRAUD in the Textus receptus manuscript dey confuse you grin

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:
A body is a form,spirit have no form,if the spirit of God dwells in man,why is man falible.

1 Corinthians 15:40, NIV:
"[b]There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies;
[/b]but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

Is 1st Corinthians 15:40 in your copy of the Bible?

1st Corinthians 15:50, does flesh and blood dwell in heaven?

Why do you confuse yourself?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
judedwriter:

God created man as a spiritual body as Himself
but he clothed him with a physical body.

Lie ..

1 Corinthians 15:50
Flesh and blood can NOT inherit the kingdom of heaven.

God dwells in heaven, flesh and blood can NOT dwell in heaven.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

Have you ever seen God?

John 6:46. John 5:37
grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
dingbang:
It is true that God made man in his image and likeness, but sin came upon the earth and turned man into mortal.

Who created sin
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by judedwriter(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Janosky:

Lie ..

1 Corinthians 15:50
Flesh and blood can NOT inherit the kingdom of heaven.

God dwells in heaven, flesh and blood can NOT dwell in heaven.

I am no liar...

When I say God has a body, I don't mean a physical body with blood, but a spiritual body. God passed by Moses and covered his view so as not to see his face.

God is a SPIRIT and He has a spiritual form or a bodily form.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by judedwriter(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
coputa:

Spirits do have a form but it isn't physical.

How did an angel kill 185000 soldiers in a one night if he didn't have a form?

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Janosky: 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
judedwriter:

I am no liar...

When I say God has a body, I don't mean a physical body with blood, but a spiritual body. God passed by Moses and covered his view so as not to see his face.

God is a SPIRIT and He has a spiritual form or a bodily form.
I'm sorry,if my previous post seems harsh..
Thanks for the clarification.
Well understood.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Scatterscatter(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kayouzka:

Meaning man is God

Man is not God but we are gods, even the Bible attest to that.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2020
Playthepianos:

lol. I will give you. But do you actually need it when Jesus HIMSELF said it? If truly you are a Christian as you call yourself..

Lol... You are not getting it.. The entire new testament is a Roman creation and fabrication.. It has got nothing to do with God or the Jews.. For the sole intention of deceiving the gullible people like you..

The story was never God's plan and it never happened..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2020
Playthepianos:

Which criteria did you use to dismiss Muhammad and the Koran..?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2020
Playthepianos:

So what is Jesus saving?.. The spirit that will return to God or the body that will return to dust?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 10:23am On Jul 20, 2020
coputa:

Because man was endowed with the ability to make choices..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Oldoinyolengai(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2020
OP asked a brainy question, but most of the answers given empower Buhari to value cattle over human being. grin

Simplified question: Is God having a pair of useless nipples like men?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
OP asked a brainy question, but most of the answers given empower Buhari to value cattle over human being. grin

Simplified question: Is God having a pair of useless nipples like men?

Lol.. Noo.. But to make us understand our creator we have personified it.. By giving it human attributes... God is the universal spirit responsible for creation. It is part of us, and we are part of it..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Oldoinyolengai(m): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol... You are not getting it.. The entire new testament is a Roman creation and fabrication.. It has got nothing to do with God or the Jews.. For the sole intention of deceiving the gullible people like you..

The story was never God's plan and it never happened..
You are opening a bizarre piece of history, "How Christianity became Roman official religion?".
During the Roman empire there were a lot of religions inside the empire, how came it was Christianity fused with Roman state?

What if Roman empire still exist as a Roman Church?
People have to understand before they believe.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by LordYahweh(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2020
Actually man created god in his own image and likeness.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Oldoinyolengai(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol.. Noo.. But to make us understand our creator we have personified it.. By giving it human attributes... God is the universal spirit responsible for creation. It is part of us, and we are part of it..
Is God having a body like ours?
If not, by which image our bodies were sculptured?

If you agree people attribute God with some human qualities in order to understand him, what if among those attributes is THE EXISTENCE?

I'm just asking though grin
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Oldoinyolengai(m): 11:09am On Jul 20, 2020
LordYahweh:
Actuality man created god in his own image and likeness.
grin grin grin
There is a book called Brief history of humankind by a Jew Prof. Yuval Harari.
He literally urgued that God is an imagination existing only in people's collective imaginations.

The book is worthy of your time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
Is God having a body like ours?
If not, by which image our bodies were sculptured?

If you agree people attribute God with some human qualities in order to understand him, what if among those attributes is THE EXISTENCE?

I'm just asking though grin

Man is a composite of spirit and body.. spirit enclosed in a physical body made from dust off the Earth. God is actually NO thing, but EVERY thing...God is existence itself..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
LordYahweh:
Actually man created god in his own image and likeness.

You must be referring to the Romans who created a god in man's image and likeness...
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Kayouzka(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Scatterscatter:

Man is not God but we are gods, even the Bible attest to that.

There is nothing like god, God is God everything is God
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by Oldoinyolengai(m): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Man is a composite of spirit and body.. spirit enclosed in a physical body made from dust off the Earth. God is actually NO thing, but EVERY thing...God is existence itself..
What's spirit like?
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by LordYahweh(m): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

You must be referring to the Romans who created a god in man's image and likeness...
Nope I'm referring to the Jews.
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
LordYahweh:

Nope I'm referring to the Jews.

No, they didn't.... Conciousness personified.. It is not too hard to figure out..
Re: Does God Have A Bodily Form,since He Created Man In His Own Image And Likeness by sonmvayina(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
What's spirit like?

Energy...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISLAM IS AN EVIL RELIGION. / The Dark Truth About Close-up Toothpaste / Are Atheists Immoral ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.