Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,594,639 members, 6,018,848 topics. Date: Friday, 27 November 2020 at 12:43 PM

The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (17721 Views)

CUM INSIDE (romance Thriller) / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by Haryomhide1(m): 9:59am On Nov 15
Frankline just dey burst my brain, well-done brother
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by nkemdave(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16
See big time wahala ooo

Seth is in trouble, so is Dan and family....

How are they going to handle this

Keeping my fingers crossed and anticipating ur next beautiful update, Frankline....
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by Palmerbarry: 8:02pm On Nov 16
Nice one Franklin, you're doing great!
But there's an area I'm not getting; are the guardians visible to humans?
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 8:14pm On Nov 16
Palmerbarry:
Nice one Franklin, you're doing great!

But there's an area I'm not getting; are the guardians visible to humans?

Talked about the invention Nikita made the first time she met the girl in black and on the way, Justin keeping it for more research. The device had been modified for every single guardian that arrived.

Didn't put it into words, just dropped a litter of words that meant that. Sorry if it confused you.

Thanks for following
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 8:14pm On Nov 16
Haryomhide1:
Frankline just dey burst my brain, well-done brother

Thanks for following man
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 8:17pm On Nov 16
nkemdave:
See big time wahala ooo

Seth is in trouble, so is Dan and family....

How are they going to handle this

Keeping my fingers crossed and anticipating ur next beautiful update, Frankline....

smiley smiley smiley

Thanks for the comment man. Thanks for following too.

Working on the next BEAUTIFUL update

1 Like

Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by Ann2012(f): 7:46am On Nov 17
Well done OP
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by Palmerbarry: 10:16am On Nov 17
frankline461:

Talked about the invention Nikita made the first time she met the girl in black and on the way, Justin keeping it for more research. The device had been modified for every single guardian that arrived.

Didn't put it into words, just dropped a litter of words that meant that. Sorry if it confused you.

Thanks for following

Oh now I get it, thanks!
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by PenHub: 7:58pm On Nov 17
Thanks frank. Really fine piece
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by samfrancis1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22
Thanks
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 3:40pm On Nov 22
The next update will be dropping soon, I have been really constricted in working on it due to lack of electricity. I am almost done and would complete it as soon as I get it powered.

We have about Seven more chapters to go before it ends and really appreciated everyone that has followed till this point.

Thanks for your patience

3 Likes

Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by enirock(m): 12:03am On Nov 23
Thanks for constantly getting across to us. It shows you have us in mind. If I know your location, I would have tapped light directly from aso villa or kanji to you (yey who slapped me).

1 Like

Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 5:22am On Nov 23
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

I landed on the ground and immediately, one of the fallen charged at me. I had my gaze around as I heard its wings flutter in my direction, my gaze searching for the girl in black and the rest of the team. I stretched my hands as soon as the fallen was in reach and gripped its neck tightly, not taking my eyes off the direction I was looking. I felt its arm grip mine and its nails scratch deep into my arm. It continued to struggle as I tightened my grip, eventually snapping its neck and dropping it to the floor. Finally I saw her, the girl in black and she was safe and was some metres away, wielding her sword and slashing fallen in the air that tried to attack. Some metres to her left stood Hermione; they were working as a team. She her blood stains on her face and it gave her a kind of Viking look. I looked around again as shots from the Chinese army went off in all directions, I watched as archers took turns to shoot down fallen and also tried to protect each other. The fallen were not also any different, they showed unrelenting spirit tearing down some of the men too and ripping them apart when they got the chance.

No matter how hard I looked, I could not find Dan and Seth anywhere. I quickly made it for the girl in black, dodging the flight of one of the fallen as I struck it and sent it towards one of the gallons; it smashed through it and caused a loud explosion. I finally got to her, knocking the fallen she was fighting to its knee as she drove her sword through it. She turned in my direction panting.

"I can't tell you how glad I am to see you alive." She spoke, dragging one of the fallen out of the air and sending it to the floor. She skilfully sent her sword through the arm of another, cutting off a limb and turning swiftly to behead it.

"Same goes for you." I replied. "Dan, I can't find him anywhere." I continued.

“He went to the mansion with Seth." She replied, pulling out a small blade. She sent it flying into the back of a fallen that stood over one of the soldiers before turning back to me. "I'm not sure we can hold them for longer. Our numbers are reducing and their numbers are not even dwindling.”

I sighed; I had thought that it might come to that, but not so soon, I had hoped that we were going to significantly reduce their numbers before retreating but that did not seem to be the case. I turned to the sky and saw more numbers heading in our direction from the sky as the fog we had created faded. They looked like flights of migrating bats and were so large they began to shut out the sunlight that shone at us. I turned again and watched as some of our men were ripped apart by the fallen armies, their blood splattering to the ground as they took their last breaths. It was a gory scene with bodies laying in every hundred centimetres. The girl in black was right; we needed to get out of there as soon as we could.

I turned to the greenish substances that were still sitting in the containers around the field and an idea struck me. I turned to the girl in black quickly.

“Gather as many men as you can and move out of the vicinity. I will try to hold them and buy you some time to get to safety."

The girl in black raised her head and it was the same stare she had given me when we were back in Russia and I had decided to buy them time to get away from the missile.

"Dont worry, if a missile could not kill me, a thousand army soldiers would not be any different." I said sarcastically.

She hesitated at first before finally conceding. "See you on the other side." She said, racing towards the others to get the news around.

I turned away and made it towards the containers when my gaze finally caught Nikita at a corner of the field. She was trying to fight off two fallen soldiers but looked tired and overpowered. One of them knocked off the gun she was holding and she immediately pulled out a small knife from her waist concealment, driving it into its chest. The second fallen scratched her arm and she had to pull it back, leaving the knife in the chest of the other one. The fallen raised its arm and was about to strike her when I finally decided to interfere. I penetrated into its mind and made it strike the other instead, before breaking its own neck. Nikita watched in shock as she panted, her gaze crept towards me and she nodded in appreciation. I scoffed, I didnt decide to help her because I cared about what happened to her, I did because if anyone deserved to kill her, it was me and not some fallen from another planet. I turned away and continued towards the containers as a loud trumpet went off and the soldiers started retreating

Rachel had her gaze on the road as she drove the truck through the crowded chaotic road, she tried hard to manipulate the vehicle around the road that was now littered with a lot of people trying to get to safety as fallens took over the cities, ripping apart anyone they could get their hands on. A family hurried in front of the truck and begged her to take them with her, she hesitated for a few seconds and it proved costly as a fallen barged into the family, picking one of the children and ripping her apart. The parents went after the fallen and Rachel decided to move quickly. She shifted the vehicle towards the side of the road that looked clear and drove the truck through the pavement. She was only a few metres away from the main road and if they could get on it, they would be free to find a way out of the city.

She turned to look at the woman and the child that were in truck with her and wondered who she was that the Chinese Army were trying to protect, she had tried to get into her head to figure this out, but she needed to pay attention to the road if she didnt want the skiing off and crashing. As she drove towards the main road, she wondered why she had decided to go in the opposite direction instead of towards Zion who was sure to accept her because she was his. He would also grant her protection through the mess that had formed; she would literally be on the winning side. Nikitas words played through her head and she realized why every single nerve in her body was screaming for her to get as far as possible. When she was around him, she didnt have a choice and always had to do his bidding, but now that she wasnt around him, she could make one of hers. She quickly swerved the truck to the left as a man suddenly jumped into the road and struggled to keep it in control. There was a loud screech before she was finally able to control the truck. She switched the gear and quickly sped off.

Alicia held on tightly to her son, placing her palm over his eyes as the girl drove through the road, her heart was racing as she watched the whole city being turned upside down, slowly becoming a gothic scene from an horror movie. As they drove further away, she heard the trumpet go off and reflexly turned in the direction it was coming from. She knew what the trumpet meant, it meant that the army had lost and the remaining soldiers had to retreat. She became worried and prayed that Dan was safe. Her hand felt for the box he had given her and in the midst of the chaos, she wondered what the box did and why Dan had the look he had on when he told her to open it on the day of alignment. She had gut feeling that whatever it did, it was not going to be one that benefitted her. She turned to the girl that was behind the wheel and wondered who she was; she had seen what she was capable of doing back at the mansion. She had heard of her type in one Dans many tales but was meeting one for the first time. From what Dan had told her, they had all sworn allegiance to Zion and always carried out his bidding. She had only chosen to go with her because she didnt have a choice and didnt want to put her son in harms way. As the truck steered off the street and slid across the road, cutting into the main road, she started devising a way she could dump her as soon as they got a safe place.

"Pull."

Two men pulled down ropes on opposite sides, slowly lifting Seth up by his arms into the air in the tight concealed space. As soon as he was hanging in the air, they stopped dragging and released the ropes they were holding. Seth sighed weakly as he laboured for breath; he was drained of all his strength and was also bleeding in most parts of his body as the smell of burnt flesh filled the air. He chuckled loudly, what a tragedy it was slowly becoming; being able to feel every single pain that was emanating from a body he was temporarily possessing. It had been a long time he felt that extent of pain, living peaceful in a controlled world of theirs for years had made him ignorant of the bad that lied in the real world. He felt his grip on the body becoming weak with every breath he took, slowly fading away in each passing second. He wondered what it was that Zion had given him.

Zion walked towards Seth holding a small metal wire; he placed it over a hot burner in the room and placed it on Seth's back, slowly writing an inscription on it. Seth screamed as he did this, wiggling in his bond as he tried to struggle out of Zions reach, but couldnt.

"I know you Seth." Zion started, still inscribing on his back. "You are not a man that can hide away for that long without me noticing your presence. You and Dan managed to escape my notice for decades on this planet and you suddenly show up now with fallen that I didnt even know existed. I want to know how you managed to pull that off." He stopped inscribing and replaced the metal on the burner. He walked towards Seth and stood in front of him, placing both hands behind him. “Its either you tell me now and I put you out of this misery quickly or we keep on doing this till youre ready to speak. Either way, with time, I am sure to get my answers."

Seth smiled weakly, as blood rolled out of his mouth, trying to keep his swollen eyelids open. He turned to look at Zion. "I know you think that you have won this battle and have everything under control, but you havent. Your victory will be snatched away from you at its brink and youd finally get to rot in Orca for eternity."

Zion scoffed and chuckled aloud. "I highly doubt that. You know, after I finish making the first planet pay for what they did to me, I plan on going after Orca. It would be difficult to put me there if it no longer existed, wont it? I will go after the gatekeepers of Orca, bring them to their knees and would be literally unstoppable would be a God that all the creatures in the Universe would worship, children will sing my name and mothers will tell them stories about me.”

Seth scorned loudly, interrupting Zion. "I must admit you have a very big dream, but you forget how fast dreams can become nightmares."

Zion smiled, slowly pulling out the metal from the burner. He turned to one of the soldiers and signalled him. The soldier walked towards Seth and administered something into his neck.

"What is that?" Seth spoke struggling to stay still.

"Something to help loosen your tongue." Zion replied bringing the metal to eyes level. "Lets see how long you will hold up now." He continued smirking.

I watched as the others began retreating and headed into the city. They all scampered towards safety, men helping the wounded while the others led the way into the city. I knew that the girl in black and the rest of my crew would be headed to the mansion first to try to find Dan and Seth and after that, they would be heading towards the ship to get to safety. There was only one place that was safe at that time, and that was the mini community they had hidden away from humans. That was surely where they would be headed as soon as they boarded the ship, it was the best place to regroup and treat the wounded too. I was going to be joining them in the sea when I was done here. As they got away, some fallen army tried to follow them, I quickly picked up a bow and arrows, firing in their direction and taking as much as i could down. The girl in black had taught us the act of archery and even though I had considered medieval when she did, I finally saw its usefulness. I took down the last one and hurried towards the barrel. I picked up the containers that had the greenish liquid in them and piled them in one position. The idea that had struck me was a very deadly one, but it was what was needed at that point if I wanted to buy enough time to let them escape and cause as much havoc as I could.

I turned and flew over to the point the Chinese army had kept their nuclear cores and dragged some over to the pile. If there was one thing that I had learnt doing my time as a student, it was how effective a nuclear core was in dispersing radiation, one that was harmful to the human body. Coupling it with the greenish substance that had proved effective in weakening the fallen army, it was looking to be one of the most effective destructive weapons that had yet to be created. As soon as I was done loading the nuclear core in the pile, I placed a large number of C4s on the barrels and placed a timer on them. I configured it and it started counting. Everyone had around a minute to get to safety if they didnt want to be at the receiving end of my experimental weapon and from what I calculated; their distance to the underground tunnel was less took lesser time than that. I also needed to get to safety as I didnt know how it would affect me too. I turned again and saw them disappear into a corner. They were far enough, I concluded, turning away and taking off into the air.
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 5:30am On Nov 23
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR (CONTD)

Zion walked out of the room, wiping his blood stained face, a man hurried towards him and handed a towel to him, he received it and wiped the rest of his face and arm with it. His head of army walked across the deck towards him and stopped in front of him. Zion looked dazed, he was done with his interrogation and the information he had gotten sent chills through him for the first time since he had started the mission. He subconsciously handed the towel to his head of army who received it and handed it to one of the men. Zion scoffed, giving a shocked smile, he had tried so hard for years and planned out his ways out stringently, only to get to the point where he almost had it in his hand and his greatest threat appeared.

"We have taken over China Sir." His head of Army spoke breaking the silence.

"And Nikita?" Zion asked.

"They retreated and we are after them. Its only a matter of time before we have her."

Zion became silent again as he tried to think out a way out of the deep bottomless pit he had unknowingly fallen into. How could he not have thought of the possibility that the Box of Yerevan might have been brought in? It was a one in a million chance, but that was chance enough and worse of all, he found out less than two days before the day of alignment. He was very furious with himself but he knew that it was not the time to lose focus. He turned to his head of Army.

"Get to Xiu, tell him his assignment has changed. Also, pull out some of the armies and match to the Forest of Alashkert, you will find a small fallen settlement there that has been hidden for a long time. Attack them and slaughter every single one of them and their offspring, not even their livestock should be left alive."

His head of Army nodded and set off and walked away across the deck. Zion turned to the soldier that was standing at the corner of the deck.

"Get someone to dispose of the body in there."

Dan walked into the mansion hurriedly, he had seen the bodies of the fallen and the soldiers that were littered outside and the track of a truck that that disappeared down the road, but he hoped they had nothing to do with his family as he didnt find any of their bodies outside. He took the staircase and hurried up the building, Seth following closely behind him, he finally got to their floor and saw the door of their room open. He stopped, slowly pulling out his sword. He waved Seth to slowly down too and they both approached the room carefully. They stepped into the quiet room and found it empty, they searched through the room but found no one in it. That meant they had gotten out, Dan thought. In one way, it felt reliving but he soon became worried about where they were. As he walked out of the bedroom back into the living room, he heard a ruffle in the kitchen and froze, he turned to Seth, placing a finger over his lips and approached the kitchen. In a first glance, the kitchen looked empty, but he knew that the ruffle could have only come from something big, there was someone in the kitchen. He ran his gaze across again and finally found it, the cupboard was too small to take a grown human and it was slightly opened. He walked towards it and pulled it open raising his sword to strike whoever was in it.

Justin gave a loud scream and struck the pan on his head first, panting and almost striking him again when he saw his face.

"Dan?" He said joyfully giving a loud sigh of relief. "Its so good to see you." He threw his hand around Dan and hugged him.

Dan immediately pulled out of his embrace and pushed him to arms length. "What are you doing in the cupboard?" He asked.

"I saw that the plan did not go as planned and that the fallen had taken over the city. I had to find a place to hide and the cupboard was the only place that I could fit in." Justin replied in one breath.

"My family?" Dan quickly questioned.

"The army tried to evacuate them but were attacked by the fallen armies. And this is the interesting part is, they were rescued by a girl that looked to have some peculiar abilities. From her facial features, i think she is one of the gifted, Rachel."

At the corner of his eyes, Dan saw Seth's facial expression change and he turned to him curiously. "You know her?" He asked.

Seth swallowed hard. "No I don't." He replied avoiding facial contact.

Dan knew at that point that he was hiding something but didnt know what it was. He turned back to Justin. "I saw truck trails outside, did they take the truck?"

"Yes, but something was not right. Instead of taking them and driving towards the port, they went in an opposite direction, away from the port."

Dan was confused; he didn't know what to make of the situation but knew that he needed to get his family back in one piece. He turned to Seth. "We have to go over them, go out and find a working vehicle."

Seth nodded and stepped out of the kitchen.

The girl in black motioned the men into the tunnel quickly, she turned towards the road, the rest had gone in except Nikita and Hermione and she wondered they were. They soon appeared and headed in her direction, Hermione was leaning on Nikita and clinging on her abdomen and the girl in black quickly figured out that she was injured. She hurried towards them and helped Hermione. They were headed towards the entrance of the tunnel when a fallen attacked them, putting them off balance and sending the girl in black smashing into a wall. She quickly got to her feet and found the fallen standing over Hermione. It had its wings in the air and was about to strike her. She quickly reached for her waist to pick one of her small knives, but she was out. She searched frantically but couldnt find any, she was too far away to make it and fear gripped her as she watched the wing descend towards Hermione. Out of nowhere, Nikita jumped on it on time to prevent it from striking Hermione. The girl in black gave a sigh and hurried towards Hermione, helping her to her feet and dragging her to the tunnel entrance. She handed her over to one of the men and tried to go help Nikita when her voice came through.

"No." Nikita screamed at her.

The girl in black turned in her direction and found that the number of fallen had increased, one of them had pinned Nikita to the wall by her chest and she was bleeding heavily.

"Go, save yourselves. It's too late for me now." Nikitas voice came again. But the girl in black remained adamant trying to free herself from the man holding her back. She turned angrily to him.
"We are not leaving anyone behind.”

"You cant fight them all off." He replied. "This is the right thing; we have to make sure that she didn't sacrifice herself in vain.”

The girl in black shook her head. "No, I am not leaving another person behind."

A loud explosion went off as the girl in black made to leave the tunnel; its wave was so strong that it sent her flying back in as the entrance collapsed right in front of them, locking them in.

Rachel stood in front of the truck thinking, the woman had asked her to park the car so that her son could go ease himself and she obliged, she also needed the break. As she waited, she also wondered what he was also doing, was he also in China too? She shut her eyes to concentrate and whispered his name.

"Zeke."

She waited for a while and then a response came in. He was also there. She didn't know whether to be excited of not but she felt her emotion whirled. She opened her eyes and turned in the direction the woman and her son were and saw a log of wood swing towards her. She tried to dodge it but was too slow, it impacted her head and she went unconscious.

1 Like

Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 5:31am On Nov 23
enirock:
Thanks for constantly getting across to us. It shows you have us in mind. If I know your location, I would have tapped light directly from aso villa or kanji to you (yey who slapped me).

smiley smiley smiley

The slap looks like one from the federal government
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by frankline461: 5:32am On Nov 23
Your comments are highly appreciated!
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by Haryomhide1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23
Thanks for the update smiley
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by bikassava: 7:14pm On Nov 23
Thanks for the update sir, I'm anxiously waiting for the next one.
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by Lakesc(m): 6:38am On Nov 24
Thanks for the beta update.. We await the next wonderful update
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by dankorode(m): 8:23pm On Nov 24
Good job.
Re: The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) by enirock(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24
frankline461:

smiley smiley smiley

The slap looks like one from the federal government
Governmental slap? Epic. If the box of yerevan is making Zion shiver, it must be a potent weapon. So xiu has taken Seths appearance just to stay close to Dan in order to get the box? This painless death you gave Nikita ehn... Thanks for the updates Frankline, we are oliver-twisting. I hope the fallen are unable to locate the opening in the waterfall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo) / Christopher (A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 222
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.