Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) (75378 Views)

Billions Of Snow Crabs Disappear From Waters In Alaska , USA ( Pics) / Strangest Fish In Caribbean Uses Its Fins As Legs To Walk Along The Seabed (Pix) / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, kindly quote what scientific theory I believe in. cheesy
If they're theories, then they'll remain theories untill proven as a fact.
which of their theories av u rejected?
Wat you people dont know is that all these science and tech which are innovating by humans are deposited in human beings by God. That why this words will always stand(man is nothing without God). Or can you mention any animal that have ever advanced since 2000yrs ago?
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
Chijeep:

which of their theories av u rejected?
Wat you people dont know is that all these science and tech which are innovating by humans are deposited in human beings by God. That why this words will always stand(man is nothing without God). Or can you mention any animal that have ever advanced since 2000yrs ago?

You'd have to prove the existence of a god first before we go any further with this discussion.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
alphatron:
Choosing to just believe in science is believing in the ignorance of experts. You're not so different from the creationists who believe in the Bible cos you both believe much about things you don't know. Science doesnt teach anything, experience does. - R. Feynman

Funny guy... I believe in facts not theories.
If a certain claim made by science is backed up with facts and concrete evidence then I'm okay with it.
That's what differentiates me with the so called creationists...
Science doesn't claim to know all, that's why research is being conducted in all aspects of life. While some group of people would sit down and read a 2000 year old book and conclude they know it all.
No point quoting me if you don't understand my point.

1 Like

Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by alphatron(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=kingxsamz post=91913907]

If a certain claim made by science is backed up with facts and concrete evidence then I'm okay with it.
Science doesn't claim to know all, that's why research is being conducted in all aspects of life. While some group of people would sit down and read a 2000 year old book and conclude they know it all.
No point quoting me if you don't understand my point. [/quote

lol there is no point other than religion bashing though. which is fine.
As much as there are ignorants in religion, they also exists in scientists. we all are driven by cognitive biases which influences the choice we make, our actions and beliefs. Scientists are also driven by beliefs which influence their work. Lamarck once believed the ancestors of giraffes had short necks, he was a scientist, he backed up his claim with Darwin's theory of evolution and natural selection which present scientist are now rethinking/ modifying to be consistent with their works. When it comes to the unknown, no one can be absolute about wat was before they were.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by EmmaNuella77(f): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:
Great discovery.
Science keeps making new discoveries.

I have noticed something on science related threads.
There are usually these set of unintelligent religious folks who have refused to grasp knowledge and tend to make silly, childish remarks. Why? Simply because the information contradicts their religious beliefs. So they refuse facts based on research and rely on books written by men who never knew how the world worked.
If this research had mentioned "50 million years", here are the kind of ignorant comments one would expect.
"How old is the world again"?
"How did they know this"?
"were they there? so how did they arrive at the age"?
"Science and lies".
"What is the benefit of this research"?
"These liars are always trying to discredit the bible".

You see, these comments come from people who are unintelligent, and have refused to do little research, simply because they don't want to feel the earth dates back to billions of years, which will prove that their beliefs are false.
They're always quick to discredit scientific discoveries like this because it doesn't suit their beliefs.
They'd rather lie to themselves than admit the truth.
If you're ignorant about how scientists come up with the age of an object, or how they arrive at certain conclusions, just a simple Google search would do. Information is power. Widen your horizon.

Just so you know: If you don't believe research which is based on evidence and facts, but believe that a virgin gave birth to a boy who walked on water and turned it into wine, only to die and resurrect three days later to ascend into the sky, then you're a compound fool .

Las las na God sure pass. grin grin
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by LilMissRobbie(f): 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Rufflinez:

My hymn book tear, & na from back I dey sing my own.

Leeeeeemao! Stubborn boy. grin
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by PiggyvestMoney: 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
I go like eat your work
LilMissRobbie:

Leeeeeemao! Stubborn boy. grin
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
IMAliyu:

The only way to determine the truth is through evidence. Else anyone can claim anything. So links would be appreciated.

So how does it shorten lives? Because simple visible light is a form of electromagnetic radiation. I don't think anyone has died from simply having a light bulb, lantern or window for sunlight in their room.

Or are you referring to ionising radiation? Which is electromagnetic radiation which has high enough energy to damage living cells. Which would be from ultra violet light upwards.
Hmm, alright. I have a question for you, I admire your intelligence..... My question, why are we having shorter life span compared to days of old? Share me your opinion, let's enlighten each other
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

You'd have to prove the existence of a god first before we go any further with this discussion.
can I ask u a question?
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by LilMissRobbie(f): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
PiggyvestMoney:
I go like eat your work

Kai! You're rotten undecided
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by PiggyvestMoney: 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
PM me let's start something
LilMissRobbie:

Kai! You're rotten undecided
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by IMAliyu(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
EliteBiz:

Hmm, alright. I have a question for you, I admire your intelligence..... My question, why are we having shorter life span compared to days of old? Share me your opinion, let's enlighten each other
Relative to what time period exactly are you talking about? because the average life expectancy globally has actually been increasing since the 1940s.
Because as far back as the 8-9th century AD in the medieval Islamic world the average life expectancy was about 40 years
Or classical Rome and Greece around 700-500 BC the average life expectancy is estimated to be around 30 years
And even late mediaeval to early modern England which was about 30-40 for the non aristocrats.

Or are you talking about relative to biblical time periods?

Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Chijeep:

can I ask u a question?
Yeah, you can.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by LilMissRobbie(f): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
PiggyvestMoney:
PM me let's start something

Lol, I'm not starting anything with you o.

You're dangerous..
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by PiggyvestMoney: 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
cheesy Are you female? Where are you based?
LilMissRobbie:

Lol, I'm not starting anything with you o.

You're dangerous..
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by LilMissRobbie(f): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
PiggyvestMoney:
cheesy Are you female? Where are you based?

No dear, I'm a hermaprodite based on the moon undecided
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by PiggyvestMoney: 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
Mumu talk
LilMissRobbie:

No dear, I'm a hermaprodite based on the moon undecided
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by LilMissRobbie(f): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
PiggyvestMoney:
Mumu talk

for a mumu question
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:
Yeah, you can.
thanks... Wat religion do u practice?
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
IMAliyu:

Relative to what time period exactly are you talking about? because the average life expectancy globally has actually been increasing since the 1940s.
Because as far back as the 8-9th century AD in the medieval Islamic world the average life expectancy was about 40 years
Or classical Rome and Greece around 700-500 BC the average life expectancy is estimated to be around 30 years
And even late mediaeval to early modern England which was about 30-40 for the non aristocrats.

Or are you talking about relative to biblical time periods?
Are you kidding me? Do you just want to share Informations that are for the masses or do you want to seek out the deep hidden information?
The latter is wiser. You have information, but you don't have deep hidden information (Truth).

If you are telling me that people are living longer now, then I won't have this discussion with you, sincerely. Because that data you just shared is erroneous, on what basis is that estimation made, war? Famine? Or what?

I am talking about the well being of Man, the current system of the world, does it allow for a longer life span or shorter life span?
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
Chijeep:
thanks... Wat religion do u practice?

Ex Christian.
I don't practice any religion.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Chijeep(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Ex Christian.
send me ur fb id if u dont mind...let av a live chat
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Image123(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Ex Christian.

You were never a Christian, try to remember well.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Image123(m): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

No point quoting me if you don't understand my point.

Anyone who claims to know it all would be omniscient, wouldn't he?
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
Image123:

Anyone who claims to know it all would be omniscient, wouldn't he?

Yeah, that person would.
Unfortunately, such person doesn't exist, because no one actually knows it all.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Image123(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Actually, I have no problem with people having delusions or worshipping whatever they feel should be worshipped. I only have a problem with the fact that they don't keep their delusions to themselves. Religion should be a personal thing, not something that should be brought up all the time.
I'll show you threads based on scientific research, in which most comments are derogatory remarks from Christian folks.
This happens all the time.
The problem is not Christianity, the problem is the people practicing it.

The man in the mirror.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
Chijeep:
send me ur fb id if u dont mind...let av a live chat

We can chat here.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
Image123:

You were never a Christian, try to remember well.

grin okay.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Image123(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah, that person would.
Unfortunately, such person doesn't exist, because no one actually knows it all.

Exactly the point. No Christian can conclude to know it all. Every Christian know that they are not omniscient. You are laying false claims.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by Image123(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

We can chat here.

Lol, fear fear boy. You don't want anybody to do you like TB Joshua do Jim Iyke that year. cheesy cheesy
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
Image123:

Exactly the point. No Christian can conclude to know it all. Every Christian know that they are not omniscient. You are laying false claims.

What I meant by "know it all" in my response to that guy was in reference to the fact that Christians claim to know how the universe came into existence. To know all about the existence of this earth and the universe.
If you want to push this further, I won't reply.
Re: How The Blackest Fish In The Sea 'Disappear' - Scientists Explain (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
Image123:

Lol, fear fear boy. You don't want anybody to do you like TB Joshua do Jim Iyke that year. cheesy cheesy

And what did TB Joshua do to Jim Iyke?
Cus I have no idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

100-Year-Old Crocodile 'King Buka' Dies In Captivity (Photos) / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 / Electronic Bed With A TV, Charges Phones & Laptops Made By Nigerian Carpenter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.