Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot (23635 Views)

Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona / Lionel Messi Wins His 6th European Golden Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by ogbiwa: 6:10am On Jul 20, 2020
Lionel Messi won his seventh La Liga golden boot - and his fourth in a row - after scoring twice in Barcelona's win over Alaves on the final day.

The Barca captain finished on 25 goals, four clear of Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema.

The game was not of importance as Real clinched the La Liga title on Thursday.

Messi rounded the keeper to make it 2-0 and swept in a fifth - with teenager Ansu Fati, Luis Suarez and Nelson Semedo scoring the other goals.

Riqui Puig, Messi and Arturo Vidal all hit the woodwork before Fati opened the scoring.

This is the first time La Liga's top scorer has managed fewer than 30 goals since Mallorca's Daniel Guiza 12 years ago.

Barca, who only named five out of a possible 12 substitutes, host Napoli in the Champions League last-16 second leg on 8 August, having drawn 1-1 in Italy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53464253

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by logon599: 6:11am On Jul 20, 2020
Thank you La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL for bringing us post covid happiness, and shame on you Ligue 1.
Now that football is slowly concluding, I learnt BBNaija began yesterday. While it's not my cup of tea but I won't criticize if that's what brings other people happiness. But whatever is your source of entertainment, I will only say: watch what you feed your eyes. This is important. Those who know have understood.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, including professional construction supervision, consultation and labor from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Kriss216: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations to Real Madrid.

Barcelona as a team has nothing to offer Messi again aside his weekly wages. The earlier Messi understand this, the better for his retirement plans.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Aflix(m): 7:03am On Jul 20, 2020
king Messix!!! Highest goalscorer and assists for a season no be beans.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by ghettokid1(m): 7:04am On Jul 20, 2020
Next Season, Barcelona will be the Champions, Messi will be the top scorer, Ter Stegen with the highest Clean sheet

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Emax911: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2020
if they give this guy ballon do'r again, I will stop watching football, had a terrible season........ trophyless goat

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Lordjb: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2020
Cool
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by SmartProf(m): 7:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Nice one Messi, but kindly explore other leagues so we'll know if you can replicate your feats. Or is it that you'll expire once it's not la liga?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Kriss216:
Congratulations to Real Madrid.

Barcelona as a team has nothing to offer Messi again aside his weekly wages. The earlier Messi understand this, the better for his retirement plans.

Where would Messi go?

I doubt another club would be in a position to afford him really, unless he wants to retire to China

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Nigerianleleyi0: 7:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations boss.

Now
we move forward to the Champions league

May the best team win

Messi no be ¶enaldo �

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by fowlyansh181(m): 7:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations to the real goat.

16 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Congrats to him.

I know install car tracking devices .

Check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by johncallidon(m): 7:08am On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations to him

6 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by YorubaKinging: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2020
Football is a distraction

Just like bbnaija

2 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Evilgenuis: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2020
Goat in the midst of sheep grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by PureGoldh(m): 7:09am On Jul 20, 2020
I so much love this guy....No homo

Congratulations to him

7 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by bolaayenimo: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2020
That guy is just from another planet

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by frankmoney(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2020
Evilgenuis:
Goat in the midst of sheep grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by randomperson: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2020
the haters will soon come and say it's just la liga.

But they forget that la liga is the best league with the best returns in Europe and has hosted almost all the best players ever.

13 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by powalez: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2020
My world best,no be every season you dey win league,that is why laliga is not Juventus league

9 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by randomperson: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2020
Emax911:
if they give this guy ballon do'r again, I will stop watching football, had a terrible season........ trophyless goat

You obviously do not understand football...

No other player has as much goals and assist as Messi in the top 5 leagues and he missed about two months to injury. If any other player had these stats, he will be the favourite for the ballon d'or

He has had to be the de bruyne, the hazard and the Ronaldo of the team at the same time. While players like Suarez were wasting the chances he created.

Without him, Barca will probably be 12th.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by unmask: 7:12am On Jul 20, 2020
Emax911:
eyah

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by NORSIYK(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2020
And 19 of the 25 goals came against 14th to 20th on the log.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Nbotee(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2020
saheedbadmus:
Congratulations goat Messi .. but na because Ronaldo don leave though..

How many times did Ronaldo win it while he was in Spain?? Scoring 25 goals and providing 20 assists despite Barca having a poor season.. He's d first player in History to score over 20 and assist over 20 in d same season

46 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by philipstanley(m): 7:13am On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations to him
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Dukeolumidemans(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2020
The real G.O.A.T grin grin grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by GeneralPula: 7:15am On Jul 20, 2020
There’s only one World best sport man!

cool cool

23 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Matches Zidane, Surpasses Lampard, Vieira In International Record / Algeria 3-0 Guinea: Mahrez’s Wonderful Goal Breaks 19-year Old Curse For Foxes / A.S Roma Wins UEFA Europa Conference League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.