Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,293 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot (23716 Views)

Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona / Lionel Messi Wins His 6th European Golden Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by shadrach77: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2020
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by NORSIYK(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2020
tesppidd:
If Messi had played 37 matches like Benzema, Benzema will still be far from that top scorer.

That's, if he had played against Eibar, Marlloca, Alaves 3 times in one season
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Thinkamsn: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2020
Emax911:
if they give this guy ballon do'r again, I will stop watching football, had a terrible season........ trophyless goat
So who should they give? Benzema?
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by backT(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2020
saheedbadmus:
Congratulations goat Messi .. but na because Ronaldo don leave though
I believe messi has been winning this consecutively for the past four years. So are you saying penadol was not around in 2018 when the GOAT won the highest goal scorer? Messi is just took much.

5 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by sammysneh(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2020
randomperson:

You obviously do not understand football...

No other player has as much goals and assist as Messi in the top 5 leagues and he missed about two months to injury. If any other player had these stats, he will be the favourite for the ballon d'or

He has had to be the de bruyne, the hazard and the Ronaldo of the team at the same time. While players like Suarez were wasting the chances he created.

Without him, Barca will probably be 12th.
What are you saying so Lewandoski that scored 34 goals don't deserve ballon d'or
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by mystical109(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2020
Emax911:
if they give this guy ballon do'r again, I will stop watching football, had a terrible season........ trophyless goat
I don't know if he will be given the ballon d'or but if he wins it, he deserves it and nothing will happen after all u have not been watching football just like most CR7 fans. There is still champions league to play, after that then we will know who is worthy to get whatever but just have it at the back of ur mind that CR7 isn't even the best player at Juventus. You call Messi a trophiless GOAT but ur mcm finished trophiless in 2 seasons and still won d ballon d'or

5 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Therapyken(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2020
SmartProf:
Nice one Messi, but kindly explore other leagues so we'll know if you can replicate your feats. Or is it that you'll expire once it's not la liga?
You wan see air before you know say air dey exist abi? The best player in world repeatedly year after year is the best anywhere else, EPL o, Bundes Liga o, Serie A o, Ligue 1 o, I mean anywhere else, you can take it to the bank.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by tesppidd: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2020
NORSIYK:

That's, if he had played against Eibar, Marlloca, Alaves 3 times in one season
Knowing that someone is the all-time top scorer against Real Madrid, Sevilla and Athletico Madrid; and still making such a comment is utterly iimbecillic to say the least.

12 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by mystical109(m): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2020
sammysneh:

What are you saying so Lewandoski that scored 34 goals don't deserve ballon d'or
Lewandowski deserves it just like Messi. Let champions league decide

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by oyaaa(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2020
Therapyken:
You wan see air before you know say air dey exist abi? The best player in world repeatedly year after year is the best anywhere else, EPL o, Bundes Liga o, Serie A o, Ligue 1 o, I mean anywhere else, you can take it to the bank.
But yet he can’t replicate such world class performance for his country
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Nbotee(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2020
Skyonebaba:

HE IS NOT THE FIRST , THIERRY HENRY SCORED 23 GOALS PLUS 20 ASSISTS WITH ARSENAL ......

CHECK FACTS/HISTORY BEFORE YOU SPEAK

My mistake.. It was a La Liga record he broke and set
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by generalwo(m): 8:12am On Jul 20, 2020
Emax911:
..... Not like football will miss you if you stop watching..... In between, if he manages to win ucl..... There is nothing that you or your village elders can do about it.....

6 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by mystical109(m): 8:13am On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=oyaaa post=91899490]But yet he can’t replicate such world class performance for his country [/quote
You clearly don't watch football.He has d most goals and assists in south America. He has won MVP in every competition he has participated...nobody dead or alive can achieve this

5 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by generalwo(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2020
SmartProf:
Nice one Messi, but kindly explore other leagues so we'll know if you can replicate your feats. Or is it that you'll expire once it's not la liga?
..... Not an excuse for him.... After all... He's scored against almost all the teams he's played against..... Or are epl defenders better than la liga's??

2 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by mystical109(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2020
Nbotee:

My mistake.. It was a La Liga record he broke and set
you are still correct bro. Henry 24 goals and 20 assists
Messi 25 goals and 21 assists
So its an all time European record

8 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Therapyken(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2020
oyaaa:
But yet he can’t replicate such world class performance for his country
The guy has the best stats of all time for his country. What more?

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by gibzzhd: 8:20am On Jul 20, 2020
NORSIYK:

If Benzima had taken the penalties Madrid just as Cucumber Eibar merchant had, Benzima you'd have finished as the top scorer of the Laliga
if dybala was Juventus penalty taker Penaldo would just be on 17goals.LOLZ

8 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by OfficialJayy: 8:25am On Jul 20, 2020
Nbotee:

How many times did Ronaldo win it while he was in Spain?? Scoring 25 goals and providing 20 assists despite Barca having a poor season.. He's d first player in History to score over 20 and assist over 20 in d same season

Messi is the first player to score and assist over 20 goals in a season?? wow, I wonder what Thierry Henry would have to say about this

4 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by agurza(f): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=mystical109 post=91899652][/quote] not only that, he played in the world cup final and won the best player award. He played in Copa America finals twice. What else do they want him to do?
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Ayobami7(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2020
congrats messi
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by randomperson: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2020
sammysneh:

34 goals and how many assists.

I'm not even going to be angry if Lewy wins the ballon d or but to say that Messi doesn't deserve it because he has had an underwhelming season is dogsh*t

3 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Bahamas95(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Football is a distraction
Just like bbnaija
How dare you compare football to that mumu BBnaija?

5 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by randomperson: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2020
Emax911:

when someone says a terrible season, u don't just judge with goals, check influences in big games against Madrid and athletico, against Sevilla, no influence even in d champions league no influence, if gattuso get things right, barca are out

This is funny.... in the first leg against Atletico Madrid, he scored the winning goal- a solo goal in the dying minutes.

The thing with the league is that three points is three points. If Barcelona had won all their matches against small teams and lost to real Madrid and Atletico,they would still have won the league

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by perdollar(m): 8:40am On Jul 20, 2020
ghettokid1:
Next Season, Barcelona will be the Champions, Messi will be the top scorer, Ter Stegen with the highest Clean sheet
if u r so sure ehh, pls who wl coach Barcelona next sesson

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Saltzman00: 8:44am On Jul 20, 2020
Inerepamo:
LEWANDOSKI has 51 goals where do you get your stats from
he said in Laliga and not all competition ...
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by phemmyfour: 8:47am On Jul 20, 2020
logon599:
Thank you La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL for bringing us post covid happiness, and shame on you Ligue 1.
Now that football is slowly concluding, I learnt BBNaija began yesterday. While it's not my cup of tea but I won't criticize if that's what brings other people happiness. But whatever is your source of entertainment, I will only say: watch what you feed your eyes. This is important. Those who know have understood.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, including professional construction supervision, consultation and labor from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you
Hypocrite.....you won't criticize yet you ended the epistle with "watch what you feed your eyes".

Live and let others live

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by fredoooooo: 8:51am On Jul 20, 2020
Omo nla shocked
Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Saltzman00: 8:52am On Jul 20, 2020
mystical109:
I don't know if he will be given the ballon d'or but if he wins it, he deserves it and nothing will happen after all u have not been watching football just like most CR7 fans. There is still champions league to play, after that then we will know who is worthy to get whatever but just have it at the back of ur mind that CR7 isn't even the best player at Juventus. You call Messi a trophiless GOAT but ur mcm finished trophiless in 2 seasons and still won d ballon d'or
thats not even the point brother!!!ballon d’or is an INDIVIDUAL AWARD!!!!even if Messi goes trophyless this season he still stands a very great chance of winning it ...

3 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by PopeFlatino(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2020
Yu no dey tire for hate?..no she rprise u might be a Man u fan. 5th and trophyless
Emax911:

2 Likes

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by Saltzman00: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2020
tesppidd:
Knowing that someone is the all-time top scorer against Real Madrid, Sevilla and Athletico Madrid; and still making such a comment is utterly iimbecillic to say the least.
as if the other big teams players didn’t play against those same teams ....

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by ghettokid1(m): 8:58am On Jul 20, 2020
perdollar:
if u r so sure ehh, pls who wl coach Barcelona next sesson
Xavi Hernandez

1 Like

Re: Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot by NORSIYK(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2020
tesppidd:

Knowing that his best goal ratio is against Eibar and their likes and still talking about his goals against Madrid and others is utterly ridiculous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Listed As SUPER FALCONS Players On CAF Website / Lawyers Drop Neymar's Rape Accuser / Ahmed Musa Celebrates Son's 1st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.