Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! (75997 Views)

Pls Help My Chicks / Help! My Chicks Don't Grow Fast / My Chicks Are Going Blind. Pictures Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by helpfindbolu: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by officialfestus(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
Same happened to my chick,couldn't bear the side talks from neighbors until I flexed all out of anger... The money invested in it was wasted cry
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by jumper524(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
Bahamas95:
Broilers with their wahala, I prefer cockerels. They are stronger and less stressful to rear
cockerel Na almost same wahala with broiler oo.
only benefit be say when cockerel old them they last longer.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
Stop the bone meal and don't mix it with their ration
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by mike318: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
Buy cow bones and burn then grand and add to their feed or buy feed that have more limestone in their feed .
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by saintftm(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
Over feeding
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Holyjay10: 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pls go get liquid and powdered calcium ASAP,,,, hope u gave them normal vaccine dose
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by wolebest: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
Rickets. Go to the vet doctor around your area for advice.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by wolebest: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
It's caused by imbalance of calcium, bit D etc in the feed.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by mhiztaNexy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Get calcium phosphate. Broilers generally tend to have bone/leg issues. Visit the vet store asap and tell em about it. Most definitely, they will prescribe drug containing calcium. Get the best and ask for how to administer and the proper dosage.

Make sure u use as prescribed so you don't overdose and face other problems.

Sad truth is, all won't recover, some won't recover fully but you can prevent death by aiding their feeding and drinking and administering proper vaccine.

Have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by popcykaylah(m): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
There’s a saying that fowl no fit die by leg injury ..no worry the fowl go survive
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Jrobbie442: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Go get a Vet he will advice you on what to do... should in case it has other disease that could be transferable. I suffered from similar occurrence.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by kelmicheal: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
Mehn i taught it was your side chick when i first read the headlines
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by kevwemike: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
ayoblinks:
Please I do mix bone meal with their food when I bring them as day olds but I didn't do it for these ones, please what can I do to reverse this... I've given them bone meal and all I can lay my hands on at the livestock pharmacy.
add calcium inside the drinking water
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by westfield: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
This is prolapse. Your bird lacks calcium......go and get calcium and pump your bird...thank me later
ayoblinks:
Please I do mix bone meal with their food when I bring them as day olds but I didn't do it for these ones, please what can I do to reverse this... I've given them bone meal and all I can lay my hands on at the livestock pharmacy.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Afrikween(f): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
ayoblinks:
Awwwnnnn this chick is so cute.... I feel sorry for the poor thing.. get well soon baby Hen.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Rat66: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

The greatest mad man ever..... gringringrin
[/s]
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Rat66: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s][quote author=marriagebyigbo post=91906747][/quote][/s]
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Rat66: 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

Naso
[/s]
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Fairbanks(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
ayoblinks:

Go and get "Asbona". Is a drug containing calcium for bone support.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by GindoX(m): 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
abdullahi45:
Were they vaccinated? Could be due to calcium deficiency as well. Meet with a qualified Vet, to save some money, instead of trying all options provided here and to save the lives of your Chickens..

Like seriously? grin
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Bahamas95(m): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
jumper524:
cockerel Na almost same wahala with broiler oo.
only benefit be say when cockerel old them they last longer.
Bros I nor sure say na the same wahala o, am talking from experience. I reared 15 cockerels last year and all survived till December when dem enter pot. My landlord wey buy 18 broilers 8 die e come remain 10.....The man come dey regret say he for buy cockerels sef, the funny thing be say na for chemist shop I dey buy drugs give them. Drugs like paracetamol, flagyl etc wey humans dey take yet dem survive. Lol......Oga landlord give he birds normal drugs from veterinary shop yet the broilers still die.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by AfrikAllied(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Whatsapp/Call +905318700191
Afrik Allied/Authorized distributor

Dİ-A-ZYME 256 NATURAL PROTECTIVE EFFICIENCY

FOR CHICKEN-WATER

It regulates the digestive system.

It strengthens the immune system in poultry.

E.coli - stops the growth of Salmonella.

It protects from diseases and all kinds of stress.

Provides excellent FCR.

It improves feed utilization as it prevents undigested feed.

Prevents raw feed.

It increases egg yield, egg mass, egg weight and egg shell quality.

It prevents diarrhea.

By keeping the litter dry, it reduces the amount of ammonia in the house.

The feed creates a synergistic effect by increasing digestible energy and protein values.

QUANTITY OF USAGE: 500gr to 1 ton of water. 5gr per 1 liter of water.

PACKING METHOD: 1 kg. in plastic packaging

COMPOSITION: Probiotics; Enzymes;

IMPACT MECHANISM OF THE PROBIOTICS ON THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AND BENEFITS:

It strengthens the immune system. It prevents the activities of harmful bacteria. It regulates bowel movements by keeping the intestinal flora in balance. It prevents colonization and resistance formation of the disease bacteria. It increases the resistance against diseases. It increases the amount of beneficial bacteria in the intestine. It reduces diarrhea, keeps the litter dry, and reduces mortality. It protects from disease and all kinds of stress (transport, heat exchange, dehydration, etc.). They prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria such as E.coli and Salmonella by producing hydrogen peroxide with organic acids such as lactic acid, acetic acid, formic acid and lowering the pH of the environment.

Please I do mix bone meal with their food when I bring them as day olds but I didn't do it for these ones, please what can I do to reverse this... I've given them bone meal and all I can lay my hands on at the livestock pharmacy. Your solution is here, Its made in Turkey.

Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by ayoblinks(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
Shellsploit:
Hope u didn't give them "dexacorten" tablet?
No I didn't
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by ayoblinks(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
abdullahi45:
Were they vaccinated? Could be due to calcium deficiency as well. Meet with a qualified Vet, to save some money, instead of trying all options provided here and to save the lives of your Chickens..
Yes they were vaccinated

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Bibi972(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Sorry about this, but this is as a result of Calcium deficiency due to their weight.
They need more calcium.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by ayoblinks(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
jamesharryson:
Which feed do u give them?

Try using Ultima super starter for them
That's what I use
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by earnit3: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
tidalstorm:
@Op,
Which feed do you give them?
Change it ad it might be deficient in the esential minerals.

Do you give your chickens vitamins?
Vitamins have esential minerals including calcium and potasium

There is also this liquid calcium my vet gives me when brooding my chickens. Maybe you should look for it instead of the bone meal. It might be more expensive.

Lastly, you should ration the chickens food till they become normal. Chickens leg becomes deformed because there legs can't carry their weight. If food is rationed properly the weight won't be too much to carry.

Hope this helps. @ayoblinks
What's the name of the liquid calcium, please? How much is it sold?
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
Futuragetty:
They obviously lack calcium. I run a farm too. it happened to the turkey I booked last year. they legs suddenly became too weak for their body. I met a vet.doc who recommended some drugs. I'll contact as soon I remember the names
Please, let me know about those drugs too.
Re: Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
Futuragetty:
They obviously lack calcium. I run a farm too. it happened to the turkey I booked last year. they legs suddenly became too weak for their body. I met a vet.doc who recommended some drugs. I'll contact as soon I remember the names
Please let me know about those drugs too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / My Friend Resigned From FRSC For Farming, After 1 Year, I Was Surprised - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.