Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding (29658 Views)

Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) / Man Dies A Day After His Traditional Wedding (Disturbing Photos) / Igbo Man And Oyinbo Lady's Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Kriss216: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
marriagebyigbo:
*people like SweetCunt97 don't know her own will happen gringrin
Profdview1, leave my Sweetcunt97 alone!
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kriss216:
Profdview1, leave my Sweetcunt97 alone!

U dey Dream..
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Dayonsky:
Oga, Photography and ring is very important o. If you wan cut cost tell the photographer to snap 20-50 correct picx based on your budget then get a nice ring too....Cheers

Yes, I'm getting a very good ring already.
The photography is what I have no idea of.
We want to take prewedding shoots also.
By the way, location is Lagos FESTAC Axis
Thanks Y'all

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
UDUJ:

Please do. And don't listen to people saying you can't have your wedding with only 40 guests, that's bollocks because you can. This is the time to be prudent in your spending because these guys will not come to your aid when you get neck deep in debts after your wedding due to frivolous spending.

Happy married life in advance cool
Well, they all can contribute. Thing is, we're set on number of guests already even before this COVID-19 thingy
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Skyfornia(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
Londonpraise:
It's possible...I did same not even in Corona period...
Just had to spend for food,our clothing, photography and video.
And everything went well

Make person come tell me say I never marry wink

You are wise...
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Neddyogu(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations bro. As long as ur wife is onboard with u. But no photography and ring? Na phone u wan use snap wedding pix? But like I said, if ur wife dey onboard with ur plans, then it's ok. God bless your union.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by akdjr(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
You will never regret u did. I did mine with 20 guest.
oluwafreshkid:
Hi, Nairalanders.
So, as the topic says.
I'm getting married in September. Yippe!
We're relatively still young and up and coming.
We've agreed on having only the traditional wedding for now and then going to court later.
Now, we're planning the wedding and I need input from you guys. Informed contributions please.
Things we're not paying for includes
Hall... (we're using parents compound)
Makeup
Rings
Photography

Any other I put and price suggestions please?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by jojothaiv(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Donpata, Offpoint...

Your opinion is highly needed
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
Nice move and determination O.P......but I must ask if you should also involve your wife in the plan pls,.....
E get why
Kudos to you....
Every other thing falls into the kind of wedding / trade u two agreed on

We're definitely in on the plan together.
We are trying to determine colors.
She's indifferent about colours but I'm particular.
Any ideas on good colours for both parents and guests?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Onarabu:

Congratulations! Why do you want to shift the registry aspect till later? Why don't you factor everything in and rest your mind at once?

Cos of work... Will be quite busy
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pabloosas:
You can book me for your photography/videography. I'm not going to charge you much.
Are you for real?
What's your IG page?
You in Lagos?
We can start from prewedding shoots?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vibra:
For rings..you can check out n15k_wedding_rings on IG
They sell nice wedding rings...

For decorations, I don't really know

Thanks for the referral. I hope it's good quality. They have nice designs really
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by dangermouse(m): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
strictly by invitation..if he get money make he hire bouncers/SARS.thevrest nah tori
Cant work in the village. Excludiing extended family, kilts and kin etc, would ammount to creating unnecessary enemity. Bouncers in a traditional wedding is for security purposes.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
merieam16:
I can do makeup 4 u with lesser amount, ur wife needs 2 look good. wat do u tink?

smiley cool.
What's your rate? What's your IG page so I can view your portfolio.
Are you in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by soonest(f): 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
After you don chop people own, you no want make we chop your own party jellof. Brother you lie. I'm storming Ondo whether invited or not.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
soonest:
After you don chop people own, you no want make we chop your own party jellof. Brother you lie. I'm storming Ondo whether invited or not.

Ondo bawo? tongue

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by professore(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Nice one
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Ategberoson(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
unlike me I don't think I've time for consultation. preparing for east and na only my immediate family members and some friends in East

if I don pay bride price and get what's on the list, na the thing I give them go take. who have time for all this pleasing society?

if you like eat, if you like no eat o. no be say you go dey greet me for yesterday celebration and I will be thinking of refunding loan in the next day

alaye talk to your woman and plan with her, forget all this rushing online to seek advise in regards to marriage preparation, do it within your capacity

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations op. Glad to see people giving advice and not trolling.
But why are you postponing the court wedding? That is essentially what makes you two a couple (by law).

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by earnit1: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
hmmmm
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Moboj: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

smiley cool.
What's your rate? What's your IG page so I can view your portfolio.
Are you in Lagos?
There's this very good Fashion Designer at Surulere and she's also affordable but her sewing is pretty neat and beautiful.
Also there's a Photographer that's also got dope shot's, also affordable.
I think you're covered and you won't even have to go too far,Festac is close to Surulere,all these kind of thing is her specialty,if you're interested sha,I can send you her details, she also do bridal makeups, lorokansha she cover's both the Bride and the Groom
She is very very good,really good

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
40 is already a crowd grin. I'll advise you cut it down to just 15.

Then, if its in my place, everything in the list is what will be used to cater for the occasion, so, no extra spending.

That's all!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Globad(f): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Thank for your input.
This is very insightful. I think I'll go with your idea of take away food pack.
Sincerely, if I should adjust my budget, it'll be for 50 guests max.
I really appreciate your idea of the take away.

May God bless your union. You're starting well by cutting your coat according to your cloth.

You've obviously succeeded in conquering greed or the quest to compare yourself to others and getting an understanding partner. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ategberoson:
unlike me I don't think I've time for consultation. preparing for east and na only my immediate family members and some friends in East

if I don pay bride price and get what's on the list, na the thing I give them go take. who have time for all this pleasing society?

if you like eat, if you like no eat o. no be say you go dey greet me for yesterday celebration and I will be thinking of refunding loan in the next day

alaye talk to your woman and plan with her, forget all this rushing online to seek advise in regards to marriage preparation, do it within your capacity

smiley
Thanks man. I know where you're coming from.
Mind you, I'm not running online to seek advise. I asked for inputs and ideas and also to possibly connect vendors. Everything I'm doing is within my capabilities. Thanks by the way
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by madone: 5:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Thank for your input.
This is very insightful. I think I'll go with your idea of take away food pack.
Sincerely, if I should adjust my budget, it'll be for 50 guests max.
I really appreciate your idea of the take away.
you are welcome broda i wish u well. ok work with 50. for the deco depending on the area u state. u can really get something nice. if u are doing it at ur girl's place which is what is Normally done . just get one big canopy that show not be more than 5k some area it's even 3k. then get 5dozen of chair that will be 60piece. in some area it 500per dozen some it's 700 that is if u stay in lagos. that is about 3_4k max ur bridal tent with not be more than 3-4k too. then rent a bridal chair u can get the one of 5k or 6k depending on the area . a light deco of 10-15k will do just tell ur decorator what u want. u can ,just work witll the normal flower background deco that is invoke now...if u work well with a budget of 35-40k u will have ur venue fixed even with walk way rug or u just get white tapolin for ur walk way. it will go down well just stick to a plan. and u have it all fixed. God be with u.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Uae01Dirham: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
My own will be coming up by December . And I’m checking like 200 persons . And it’s in the east (Enugu)

Please any event planner should contact me . Event planner in Enugu. So we can plan and see how it goes! Enugu based planner Abeg

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by rastaLivity: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
flyingpig:
If you beg any good friend that has iPhone X upward to come and snap you guys and video you guys too on his phone. You can print the pictures and produce the videos on CD or transfer to an external hard disk drive.
e never bad reach like that nah

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Thanks for the referral. I hope it's good quality. They have nice designs really
it is
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by flyingpig: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
rastaLivity:
e never bad reach like that nah
i no know how e bad reach na grin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by sylve11: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=madone post=91904010there there won't be any sentiments of how the food looks. [/quote]

grin cool
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by alizma: 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
dangermouse:
Hosting only 40 guests in a traditional wedding is not tenable, unless done in the city, even at that u still have to make provision for 60 guests or more.
Na your wedding?
20people each from each side is attainable. This na traditional wedding and can be done in the parlour or in a compound. Once the number is complete you lock the gate anybody wey climb fence break leg, that is his/her family problem.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by sixtus3606(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:
My major concern is photography and decoration. I want want to look at the picture years later and feel pleased.
How much does it cost for traditional decoration?
Not expensive but standard. Mustn't be over the top luxurious

Oga just do with whatever your capacity can cover.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Receives Kegites Club Of Nigeria / Pictures Of A Nairalander Who Celebrated Her Birthday / Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.