Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding (29653 Views)

Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) / Man Dies A Day After His Traditional Wedding (Disturbing Photos) / Igbo Man And Oyinbo Lady's Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
madone:
you are welcome broda i wish u well. ok work with 50. for the deco depending on the area u state. u can really get something nice. if u are doing it at ur girl's place which is what is Normally done . just get one big canopy that show not be more than 5k some area it's even 3k. then get 5dozen of chair that will be 60piece. in some area it 500per dozen some it's 700 that is if u stay in lagos. that is about 3_4k max ur bridal tent with not be more than 3-4k too. then rent a bridal chair u can get the one of 5k or 6k depending on the area . a light deco of 10-15k will do just tell ur decorator what u want. u can ,just work witll the normal flower background deco that is invoke now...if u work well with a budget of 35-40k u will have ur venue fixed even with walk way rug or u just get white tapolin for ur walk way. it will go down well just stick to a plan. and u have it all fixed. God be with u.

You're really detailed. It's good to see. Thanks for taking time out.
I really like that floral backdrop for pictures at the venue.
So for like 40k I should have that done? Cool.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by dangermouse(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
alizma:

Na your wedding?
20people each from each side is attainable. This na traditional wedding and can be done in the parlour or in a compound. Once the number is complete you lock the gate anybody wet climb fence break leg, that is his/her family problem.
. Lol. Its nt my wedding, neither is it urs. He came here seeking 4 advice and i gave one. He can only take it or leave it like any other given here so far. An advice is not a command. Now u have gotten ur one minuite attention, run along go play with ur mates.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Mypeople2(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
merieam16:
I can do makeup 4 u with lesser amount, ur wife needs 2 look good. wat do u tink?
Tell him the amount it will cost, so that he may consider it

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Goldp5988(f): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
ccollins:
G

Present
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by CrazeMan69(m): 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
The concept of marriage is being abused and spat on by the current generation. Imagine this simp planning a traditional wedding of just 40 guests. Not even white wedding o.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by TheManOfTheYear: 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
CrazeMan69:
The concept of marriage is being abused and spat on by the current generation. Imagine this simp planning a traditional wedding of just 40 guests. Not even white wedding o.
So it's the number of guests that validates a wedding?

I think your brain needs plastic surgery, the matter should be replaced with oats

6 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Austinosconst: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
No ring, no photo and video coverage, no make up? Are you a member of Mountain of Fire?

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Mypeople2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
sinistermind:
If you are popular among your peers and your environment, just know it will not work. I'm at a naming ceremony of a friend at the moment, who just planned for 50 people, right now we are seeing over 100.
chairman it is your fault .You should have told them, it is family only .I attended one traditional marriage of my guy's elder sister .Immediately I got there, I was told it is only the two families. I had to go home .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by ThatFairGuy: 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
This looks like a low budget asss up coming couple
Ogbeni give us the location jor.... you dey seek for our advice but you nor want disclose the location...
Whether you like am or not gate crashers must dey
Dey form stinginess you hear

Congratulations in arrears....fuckkk me...shit
Weeed......it is supposed to be congratulations in advance....oh fuckkk.I need to reduce the amount of weed i smoke because no matter the amount of weed i smoke i can never be the most high...only Jah(God) is the most high
hahaha

3 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Pymetrics: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
After OP Don eat wedding food of different people now you're trying to make your own small. Fear God biko

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Excelinpages(m): 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
Doing this research to understand vehicular planning in urban Nigeria. Kindly help me with this research by answering this simple survey.
Thank you

http:///2LpxZ48
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by FLOTAN(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations in advance.

Set a modest budget and work within that budget.

Don’t spend to impress.

Plan your future goals with your spouse.

Consider investing some of your savings in Real Estate which will appreciate when you’re ready to build or sell in future.

Check my profile.

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by SweetCunt97(f): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
marriagebyigbo:
*people like SweetCut97 don't know her own will happen gringrin
OH you are profdview d nairalander begi begi? Lolzzz, you only know as much as I let anyone know. I may b married with 4 kids but trolling here. So better receive sense
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by SweetCunt97(f): 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
CrazeMan69:
Slave mentality. U forgetting d so called white wedding belong to d European. Abi u think it's cos the gown na white color na him dem dey call am "white" wedding? Olodo

3 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
OH you are profdview d nairalander begi begi? Lolzzz, you only know as much as I let anyone know. I may b married with 4 kids but trolling here. So better receive sense

Sorry dear.. Who da fvck is prodview.

What kinda fuckery is dt babe

U r not married.. U no even get any serious man wey dey toast u grin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by SweetCunt97(f): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

Sorry dear.. Who da fvck is prodview.

What kinda fuckery is dt babe

U r not married.. U no even get any serious man wey dey toast u grin
You sure about that? Like very very sure about that? No go lose guard.

Besides which day we even start to dey rapport here? Give silly guys Lil attention and they'll think it's all merry. Don't ever mention my moniker again.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by PattyMike(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
dangermouse:
Hosting only 40 guests in a traditional wedding is not tenable, unless done in the city, even at that u still have to make provision for 60 guests or more.

60 abi 100. There will be gate-crashers o who will wear native and come to eat and u can't chase them away.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by PattyMike(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:

Besides which day we even start to dey rapport here? Give silly guys Lil attention and they'll think it's all merry. Don't ever mention my moniker again.

This one nah man o LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:

Better no go marry.. Stop this holelosho

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by solotutu(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
Congratulations ohh! grin cheesy
biko im your plug for Photography ohh
wink! I'm an Event and documentary photographer, i cover events, weddings mostly special Occassions.
how do i contact you so we can discuss business! rest assured you getting a Discount as a Nairalander
check my pages and if you want samples for viewing i can send to you
https://www.instagram.com/longshotimagery/
https://www.instagram.com/solohtolz/

oluwafreshkid:
Hi, Nairalanders.
So, as the topic says.
I'm getting married in September. Yippe!
We're relatively still young and up and coming.
We've agreed on having only the traditional wedding for now and then going to court later.
Now, we're planning the wedding and I need input from you guys. Informed contributions please.
Things we're not paying for includes
Hall... (we're using parents compound)
Makeup
Rings
Photography

Any other I put and price suggestions please?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Offpoint: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
jojothaiv:
Donpata,
Offpoint...

Your opinion is highly needed
40 guests are too much for me.
When I'm ready na just immediate family from my side and her side, we go just gather for our parlor do wetin tradition requires and go home and fxxk the hell out of ourselves.

After that, I rent wedding gown we take one photo and upload for Facebook... Marriage don finish be that.

Life's too simple and short for long story

4 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by meobizy(f): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
I go run my own like oyibo: ten people, no time. Guests don’t join you during the life of marriage, so why should more than enough come for the ceremony?

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by MsAllison(f): 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

Better no go marry.. Stop this holelosho
mynd44 lalasticlala seun
rule 2
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:
My major concern is photography and decoration. I want want to look at the picture years later and feel pleased.
How much does it cost for traditional decoration?
Not expensive but standard. Mustn't be over the top luxurious

Same here. That's all I care about, too... the things that will last and please me forever!

My pictures! cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by seunjungle1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thank you my brother for knowing yourself well.
If Buhari can have a silent wedding who are you to loud yours...amount your reason for not calling many people to corona baba.
God bless your union whenever it comes bro

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Slynation(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
Nice moves....Thank God your wife to be is quite understanding, not the one that will force her bridal shower on you and plan for exotic wedding after which hunger will be killing you both silently....

Plan for souvenirs as well oO, Cause some people will gift you nothing if they don't chop rice grin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by eniorisha(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Eulalia:
40 is already a crowd grin. I'll advise you cut it down to just 15.

Then, if its in my place, everything in the list is what will be used to cater for the occasion, so, no extra spending.

That's all!

Really @second part. Oya come , let us marry. Smile
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by armyofone(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
4 people (his and her parents) should be enough.

No party setting or dancing.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by SweetCunt97(f): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2020
PattyMike:

This one nah man o LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
With two hairy dangling balls
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by klbakare(m): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
madone:
it's better u package for about 65 persons but keep ur planned 40 on the stark. just package ur food in take away packs. there there won't be any sentiments of how the food looks. package 50foods for guest and keep 15 unserved for ur family members or even 20. u can get wine for the top guest like 20.or juice. u can get wholesale juice at 300naira or 250perone. the rest sud be soft drinks. get nylon for 2k for hundred. the food served in take away should not be more than 1000per pack with drinks inclusive for special guest and 700 for normal guest.that will be 20k for 20 special guest and 35k for normal guest. a total of 55k. if u plan well with ur dressing and light deco ur budget should not be more than 170-200k

Continue bros, am learning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Receives Kegites Club Of Nigeria / Pictures Of A Nairalander Who Celebrated Her Birthday / Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.