Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding (29664 Views)

Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) / Man Dies A Day After His Traditional Wedding (Disturbing Photos) / Igbo Man And Oyinbo Lady's Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

We're definitely in on the plan together.
We are trying to determine colors.
She's indifferent about colours but I'm particular.
Any ideas on good colours for both parents and guests?

No idea bro, but you can go to your tailor to get samples,....I believe you can get something better there
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by jojothaiv(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
Offpoint:

40 guests are too much for me.
When I'm ready na just immediate family from my side and her side, we go just gather for our parlor do wetin tradition requires and go home and fxxk the hell out of ourselves.

After that, I rent wedding gown we take one photo and upload for Facebook... Marriage don finish be that.

Life's too simple and short for long story
I'm glad you came through..

Wedding na mock exams, Marriage na the real thing. Buh since I'm not married, make I dey observe...
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by linearity: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
Bros....wey you say only 40 guest, what do you mean?

Because, looking at it more closely; if family n friends are also counted towards this guest list, it might be unrealistic.

Let’s assume, you allocate 20 guests to the bride and 20 to you....it means the paternal guest on each side will have only 10 guests, while the maternal side will have 10 guest each....this allocation along will exhaust your intended hard limit of 40.

If you truly want a guest of 40, change it to “For family members on either side ONLY”...otherwise budget for like 80 guests.

And don’t listen to that individual suggesting you use iPhone X to document your wedding. Your pictures and videos will be the only memories you will have and pass on to your kids, so don’t compromise on those.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by klbakare(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Eulalia:
40 is already a crowd grin. I'll advise you cut it down to just 15.

Then, if its in my place, everything in the list is what will be used to cater for the occasion, so, no extra spending.

That's all!

Where is your place? Let's get married already grin
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by klbakare(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hello o. P, I'm already blessed reading your page. The almighty bless your wedding, sanctify and perfect it. AMEN. cheers!

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by watchindelta(m): 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
I dnt even have friends I wondering how many people will be on my wedding day self undecided
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by merieam16(f): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

smiley cool.
What's your rate? What's your IG page so I can view your portfolio.
Are you in Lagos?
15k, yea am in lagos
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Imustreturn(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2020
oluwafreshkid:
Hi, Nairalanders.
So, as the topic says.
I'm getting married in September. Yippe!
We're relatively still young and up and coming.
We've agreed on having only the traditional wedding for now and then going to court later.
Now, we're planning the wedding and I need input from you guys. Informed contributions please.
Things we're not paying for includes
Hall... (we're using parents compound)
Makeup
Rings
Photography

Any other I put and price suggestions please?
have you gotten a photographer?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by madone: 12:56am On Jul 21, 2020
klbakare:

Continue bros, am learning.
lol thanks Boss
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Topshow4real: 2:47am On Jul 21, 2020
@op, if you don't mind, I can volunteer to be your photographer free of charge with my redmi note 8 phone. What you say?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by WilliamsDeGreat: 3:50am On Jul 21, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Thank for your input.
This is very insightful. I think I'll go with your idea of take away food pack.
Sincerely, if I should adjust my budget, it'll be for 50 guests max.
I really appreciate your idea of the take away.

You want to marry and you are not financially boyant? Na wa, is this how you will still economize your basic needs in life when you are married?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:51am On Jul 21, 2020
Topshow4real:
@op, if you don't mind, I can volunteer to be your photographer free of charge with my redmi note 8 phone. What you say?
Thanks for the offer, but hey, no one wants to use a phone for wedding shoots.
Thanks.
I'm in talks with some Nairalanders photographers. I should get one that suits me soon.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 21, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
My own will be coming up by December . And I’m checking like 200 persons . And it’s in the east (Enugu)

Please any event planner should contact me . Event planner in Enugu. So we can plan and see how it goes! Enugu based planner Abeg
bros, gud morning... how I go contact u, I dae enugu

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Exploits57: 8:08am On Jul 21, 2020
Please I need a good photographer for pre wedding shots @ Akwa ibom dm please
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Thanks for the offer, but hey, no one wants to use a phone for wedding shoots.
Thanks.
I'm in talks with some Nairalanders photographers. I should get one that suits me soon.

Great... It looks like I created this thread.
Mine is also 40 people max. My mom is even saying 30 people. But I'm preparing for 50 to 60 people

Kindly refer any photographer you choose to use. My wedding is 19th of September

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2020
princetunex:

Mine is also 40 people max. My mom is even saying 30 people. But I'm preparing for 50 to 60 people

Kindly refer any photographer you choose to use. My wedding is 19th of September

smiley
Nice one! Such coincidence.
I'll surely refer to you.
I'm still trying to decide colours of the day. Any ideas?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by EmekaBlue(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
better buy xtra bag of rice and cook more food

owambe
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by SirMichael1: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2020
oluwafreshkid:
My major concern is photography and decoration. I want want to look at the picture years later and feel pleased.
How much does it cost for traditional decoration?
Not expensive but standard. Mustn't be over the top luxurious
Get an iphone, if you don't have, borrow. Now contract the photo-taking to a friend who has quite a degree in taking pictures. Ladies are usually skilled. Then take photos and print them for 100-150naira each. If you have me as a friend, i would edit the basic photos, do some retouching for free and you go and print them.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

smiley
Nice one! Such coincidence.
I'll surely refer to you.
I'm still trying to decide colours of the day. Any ideas?

I am not particular about colors. I have left that to her to decide. I'm particularly interested in the quality of the material. I let her pick everything for the introduction but in my heart I wasn't too pleased with the quality so I will supervise that.

Have you gotten a photographer for the pre wedding shoot. The one someone refered to me is quoting a high figure and na three costumes I dey use.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
princetunex:

I am not particular about colors. I have left that to her to decide. I'm particularly interested in the quality of the material. I let her pick everything for the introduction but in my heart I wasn't too pleased with the quality so I will supervise that.

Have you gotten a photographer for the pre wedding shoot. The one someone refered to me is quoting a high figure and na three costumes I dey use.

Speak with @solotutu he's a good photographer.
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Pabloosas(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Are you for real?
What's your IG page?
You in Lagos?
We can start from prewedding shoots?

I'm sorry for the late response.

We can start from the pre-wedding photoshoot.

Yes I'm in Lagos.

Check @pabbystudios and @makariosmedia
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by nnamdiosu(m): 4:54am On Aug 01, 2020
oluwafreshkid:

Yes, I'm getting a very good ring already.
The photography is what I have no idea of.
We want to take prewedding shoots also.
By the way, location is Lagos FESTAC Axis
Thanks Y'all

Please where did you get your ring from?
Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Adeola97(f): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2020
oluwafreshkid:
My major concern is photography and decoration. I want want to look at the picture years later and feel pleased.
How much does it cost for traditional decoration?
Not expensive but standard. Mustn't be over the top luxurious

Hello good morning kindly contact me on 08039284741 for your decoration will work out something very nice for you and it will be base on your budget this is pic of the intimate setup I did last week

Re: I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding by Adeola97(f): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2020
princetunex:

Hello good morning congratulations in advance kindly contact me on 08039284741 for wedding decoration will work something very nice for you and it will be base on your budget smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Receives Kegites Club Of Nigeria / Pictures Of A Nairalander Who Celebrated Her Birthday / Money Mistakes To Never Make When Planning Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.