Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon (18900 Views)

Look Out For New Moon, Sultan Tells Muslims / New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Abayolaid: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Must you lie? grin
no, quran commanded us not to kill innocet souls, but d bible says in deat. 13:13-19 that kill d entire town if 1 person worships another god

1 Like

Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by fortran12: 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Xposed2020:

Just as Jesus, Mother Mary, Joseph the carpenter were.
Lol. You have come again. Show me proof they were.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
fortran12:

Lol. You have come again. Show me proof they were.
Show me proof they were not.
Besides we need to finish what we started.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by fortran12: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Xposed2020:

Show me proof they were not.
Besides we need to finish what we started.
The onus is on the one making the claim. So am waiting.
We will finish whn we agree to ask questions one after the other
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by AgentNairaland(f): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
Abayolaid:
no, quran commanded us not to kill innocet souls, but d bible says in deat. 13:13-19 that kill d entire town if 1 person worships another god

Quran 8:12

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve So strike above the necks and strike off every fingertip of theirs

Quran 8:39

"And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Please which religion is allah talking about?
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Must you lie? grin
Generally Accepted Translations of the Meaning of Qur'an 5:32

Muhammad Asad.  
Because of this did We ordain unto the children of Israel that if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind. And, indeed, there came unto them Our apostles with all evidence of the truth: yet, behold, notwithstanding all this, many of them go on committing all manner of excesses on earth.

M. M. Pickthall  
For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985)  
On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

This is the true Islamic teaching or perspective of killing & not the stereotyping by atheist & Christians on media who want to attack Muslim & violate their rights without reprisal.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by AgentNairaland(f): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
Xposed2020:

Generally Accepted Translations of the Meaning

Muhammad Asad.  
Because of this did We ordain unto the children of Israel that if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind. And, indeed, there came unto them Our apostles with all evidence of the truth: yet, behold, notwithstanding all this, many of them go on committing all manner of excesses on earth.

M. M. Pickthall  
For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985)  
On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

This is the true Islamic teaching or perspective of killing & not the stereotyping by atheist & Christians on media who want to attack Muslim & violate their rights without reprisal.

Look at the agents of your bloody god allah below, just few among others
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
fortran12:

The onus is on the one making the claim. So am waiting.
We will finish whn we agree to ask questions one after the other
Its like you are stylishly asking a question without taking your word as your bond. grin
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Look at the agents of your bloody god allah below, just few among others
The Bible depicts everything barbaric, evil, violent, horrific & disgusting.
Read the "Jesus Wars" by Jenkins
And "The most dangerous book on the face of the earth" by George Bernard Shaw.

The killings in the Bible are a Hundred times that of Qur'an.
And physically, Christians have killed more humans than all other religious killings combined.
I challenge you or any Christain to a duel of body count from the Scriptures to killings up to this day all over the world.

I promise by Allah my creator if the number of people killed by Muslims (regrettably) is even 10 million less than, not upto or more than those killed by Christian I am ready to be baptized tonight.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve So strike above the necks and strike off every fingertip of theirs

"And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

The biblical religion.

1Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.’”
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.
Exodus 23:27
"I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Genesis 34:25
And it came to pass on the third day, when they were sore, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, took each man his sword, and came upon the city boldly, and slew all the males.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Exodus 13:15
And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Numbers 31:7
And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

Mind you, its because of all biblical killings of male that the women now outnumbered the male.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Joshua 8:21
And when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city, and that the smoke of the city ascended, then they turned again, and slew the men of Ai.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.
Joshua 10:10
And the LORD discomfited them before Israel, and slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and chased them along the way that goeth up to Bethhoron, and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.
Joshua 10:11
And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, [and] were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: [they were] more which died with hailstones than [they] whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same peaceful religion.
Joshua 10:26
And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees: and they were hanging upon the trees until the evening.

Joshua 11:17
[Even] from the mount Halak, that goeth up to Seir, even unto Baalgad in the valley of Lebanon under mount Hermon: and all their kings he took, and smote them, and slew them.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same peaceful religion that never hurts a fly.
Judges 1:4
And Judah went up; and the LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they slew of them in Bezek ten thousand men.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Judges 1:5
And they found Adonibezek in Bezek: and they fought against him, and they slew the Canaanites and the Perizzites.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Judges 1:10
And Judah went against the Canaanites that dwelt in Hebron: (now the name of Hebron before [was] Kirjatharbasmiley and they slew Sheshai, and Ahiman, and Talmai.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion that never hurts a fly.

Judges 1:17
And Judah went with Simeon his brother, and they slew the Canaanites that inhabited Zephath, and utterly destroyed it. And the name of the city was called Hormah.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion of peace.

Judges 3:29
And they slew of Moab at that time about ten thousand men, all lusty, and all men of valour; and there escaped not a man.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Judges 3:31
And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Judges 7:25
And they took two princes of the Midianites, Oreb and Zeeb; and they slew Oreb upon the rock Oreb, and Zeeb they slew at the winepress of Zeeb, and pursued Midian, and brought the heads of Oreb and Zeeb to Gideon on the other side Jordan.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Judges 8:17
And he beat down the tower of Penuel, and slew the men of the city.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Judges 9:44
And Abimelech, and the company that [was] with him, rushed forward, and stood in the entering of the gate of the city: and the two [other] companies ran upon all [the people] that [were] in the fields, and slew them.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Same biblical religion.

Judges 9:45
And Abimelech fought against the city all that day; and he took the city, and slew the people that [was] therein, and beat down the city, and sowed it with salt.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Judges 12:6
Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce [it] right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Judges 14:19
And the spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
Judges 15:15
And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith.
Re: Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
Judges 16:30
And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with [all his] might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that [were] therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than [they] which he slew in his life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Fatwa On Muslims Congratulating Non-muslims On Their Holidays / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.