Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic (885 Views)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Nigerian Passport Renewal In The UK / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by DRiches: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hello, please am a resident of the United States and currently, I am really in need to renew my passport. I got appointment at the embassy in March but the pandemic did not let me go for capturing.

Please, I would appreciate if anyone can connect me with someone at the embassy directly? I do not really know if it's possible to get any emergency travel paper from the embassy? Because I really need to travel back home very soon. Lastly, or, is it possible to travel with the expired passport, has anyone ever tried this?

Note, I have called the embassy several times but with no response.

I would appreciate your contribution.
Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by Or11: 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
There's really nothing you can do until the embassy opens. My passport is expired too and I have tried to renew it in the Nigerian embassy in German, France, Poland and Belgium. None of them are open. The German Embassy staff pick up their phone and are really friendly but they say I should keep checking their website for when they will open. So my advice to you is to be patient, even if you have an insider, they will not renew your passport unless you are the President of Nigerias son.

1 Like

Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by otipoju(m): 2:14am On Jul 21, 2020
I for help you..but as long as embassy is closed, there's nothing you can do.

Why do you really need to speak with an embassy official.
Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by DRiches: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2020
Or11:
There's really nothing you can do until the embassy opens. My passport is expired too and I have tried to renew it in the Nigerian embassy in German, France, Poland and Belgium. None of them are open. The German Embassy staff pick up their phone and are really friendly but they say I should keep checking their website for when they will open. So my advice to you is to be patient, even if you have an insider, they will not renew your passport unless you are the President of Nigerias son.
Thanks for your contribution... I learnt the Nigeria embassy in Austria still issuing passport.
Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by DRiches: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2020
otipoju:
I for help you..but as long as embassy is closed, there's nothing you can do.

Why do you really need to speak with an embassy official.
Thanks for your reply bro.
I really wanna talk to any insider so that I can get it done. Thinking I can be lucky if I know someone in that embassy. Even if the embassy is closed, I'm sure they will still be operating underground.

I would appreciate it if you can help.
Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by Liftmaster: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
DRiches:
Hello, please am a resident of the United States and currently, I am really in need to renew my passport. I got appointment at the embassy in March but the pandemic did not let me go for capturing.

Please, I would appreciate if anyone can connect me with someone at the embassy directly? I do not really know if it's possible to get any emergency travel paper from the embassy? Because I really need to travel back home very soon. Lastly, or, is it possible to travel with the expired passport, has anyone ever tried this?

Note, I have called the embassy several times but with no response.

I would appreciate your contribution.

Under normal circumstances, you can travel to Nigeria on an expired Nigerian passport and renew when you get there. It's relatively easier if you're on a direct flight from the U.S. With Covid, I have no idea if the few operating carriers/evacuation flights will exercise the same optionality as under normal times. You would need to email/call and confirm before buying your ticket, and be sure to get written confirmation. It helps to provide them with the written rules when making your inquiries as most agents are usually unaware.

1 Like

Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by DRiches: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
Liftmaster:

Under normal circumstances, you can travel to Nigeria on an expired Nigerian passport and renew when you get there. It's relatively easier if you're on a direct flight from the U.S. With Covid, I have no idea if the few operating carriers/evacuation flights will exercise the same optionality as under normal times. You would need to email/call and confirm before buying your ticket, and be sure to get written confirmation. It helps to provide them with the written rules when making your inquiries as most agents are usually unaware.
Thanks so much for this information... It really helps
Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by otipoju(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
DRiches:

Thanks for your reply bro.
I really wanna talk to any insider so that I can get it done. Thinking I can be lucky if I know someone in that embassy. Even if the embassy is closed, I'm sure they will still be operating underground.

I would appreciate it if you can help.

What state are you in?
Re: Help, Nigerian Passport Renewal In The USA During This Pandemic by DRiches: 4:18am On Jul 22, 2020
otipoju:

What state are you in?
Indiana

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Process A Visa? / This Is Rio Carnival Before Covid19(photos) / How Can I Get A Direct Bus From Ibadan To Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.