Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. (1019 Views)

Man Dies A Day Before Getting Married, Buried On His Wedding Day. Photos / Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by agboifeanyi242(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2020
Marriage , also called matrimony or wedlock , is a culturally recognised union between people, called spouses , that establishes rights and obligations between them, as well as between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws .

The definition of marriage varies around the world, not only between cultures and between religions, but also throughout the history of any given culture and religion. Over time, it has expanded and also constricted in terms of who and what is encompassed.
These are 9important things to know:

Be good friends. Don't marry a stranger and hope you'll become compatible over time. Start with a solid foundation of love, shared values, common interests, and trust.

Don't expect your partner to change. People do change, but not in predictable ways. So if your partner has a drug problem, assume he'll always have one. Suppose you're marrying someone with a drug problem, not someone who will, with time, stop taking drugs, and ask if you can live with that. If she doesn't want children, assume she'll always not want children. If he has a temper, assume he'll always have a temper.

Communicate consistently and communicate about everything. If you have a big secret in your life that you're not comfortable sharing with your partner (a fetish, a crime you committed, a friend you betrayed), this will likely cause problems down the road. Get it out into the open, now, and lay down a foundation of honesty. Fart in front of your husband. Tell your wife about your latest poo.

Sometimes people say, "I woke up one day and my husband was a stranger." But he didn't become one overnight, even if it seems that way. People change gradually. It only feels like they change quite suddenly when they don't continually talk. If your wife is slowly becoming depressed or dissatisfied, it shouldn't take you by surprise. You should know about all the stages, through constant talk. There should be many, many opportunities for intervention.

Make sure you can honestly discuss sex, money, children, in-laws, careers, politics, and religion. These are the contentious subjects that can drive uncommunicative couples apart.

Value partnership. If this isn't a high value for both of you, you're in trouble. If you have lots of "deal breakers" or if, whenever there's a problem, you think, "Should I stay or should I go?" that's a red flag. Your marriage will have a better chance of success if you're both committed to fixing problems and if you both think of all problems as shared problems.

Work on projects together. Collaboration is one of the primary forms of human communication. It's a kind of social glue. Try to find hobbies you both like doing together

Play together. I don't mean Chess, Monopoly, or baseball. I mean have tickle fights, or chase each other around the home; or roll around in the mud, together. Playing around is another social glue. You need to lose all dignity around each other habitually.

Marry someone who has intimacy needs that match yours. Marriages can work between joined-at-the-hip couples, and they can also work between highly independent couples. But it's hard to sustain a marriage between a clingy person and a standoffish one.

Have sex multiple time before you get married. Make sure you're sexually compatible.

Live together for at least a year before you get married. Make sure you're compatible roommates.

You are free to counter and add yours too.
let's help stop all these "rush in,rush out" marriages.
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by Kobicove(m): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2020
Make sure you verify the medical history of your partner before you make a lifetime commitment!

Very important!
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by popsy2(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2020
Ok
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by Kaykay999(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2020
The way u guys hype and talk bout all these marriage stuffs omo i dey fear ooo
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by Mizahn: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
What you need to know before you get married is that marriages are never perfect. You also need to know that not all marriages work out. You should therefore not have very high expectations because things change after marriage. it can be for better or worse. It all depends on the married couple.
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by lyndaway(f): 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Marriage is deep, it for matured people not kids, if you are not prepared or fully ready don't venture into it, there is more to it then the wedding day...
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by BigSarah(f): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Don’t lose your personal space for the sake of marriage... before you marry try living alone for at least 6months then cohabit with your partner for 2wks... which made you happier , you decide
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by lastchild: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
agboifeanyi242:
Marriage , also called matrimony or wedlock , is a culturally recognised union between people, called spouses , that establishes rights and obligations between them, as well as between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws .

The definition of marriage varies around the world, not only between cultures and between religions, but also throughout the history of any given culture and religion. Over time, it has expanded and also constricted in terms of who and what is encompassed.
These are 9important things to know:

Be good friends. Don't marry a stranger and hope you'll become compatible over time. Start with a solid foundation of love, shared values, common interests, and trust.

Don't expect your partner to change. People do change, but not in predictable ways. So if your partner has a drug problem, assume he'll always have one. Suppose you're marrying someone with a drug problem, not someone who will, with time, stop taking drugs, and ask if you can live with that. If she doesn't want children, assume she'll always not want children. If he has a temper, assume he'll always have a temper.

Communicate consistently and communicate about everything. If you have a big secret in your life that you're not comfortable sharing with your partner (a fetish, a crime you committed, a friend you betrayed), this will likely cause problems down the road. Get it out into the open, now, and lay down a foundation of honesty. Fart in front of your husband. Tell your wife about your latest poo.

Sometimes people say, "I woke up one day and my husband was a stranger." But he didn't become one overnight, even if it seems that way. People change gradually. It only feels like they change quite suddenly when they don't continually talk. If your wife is slowly becoming depressed or dissatisfied, it shouldn't take you by surprise. You should know about all the stages, through constant talk. There should be many, many opportunities for intervention.

Make sure you can honestly discuss sex, money, children, in-laws, careers, politics, and religion. These are the contentious subjects that can drive uncommunicative couples apart.

Value partnership. If this isn't a high value for both of you, you're in trouble. If you have lots of "deal breakers" or if, whenever there's a problem, you think, "Should I stay or should I go?" that's a red flag. Your marriage will have a better chance of success if you're both committed to fixing problems and if you both think of all problems as shared problems.

Work on projects together. Collaboration is one of the primary forms of human communication. It's a kind of social glue. Try to find hobbies you both like doing together

Play together. I don't mean Chess, Monopoly, or baseball. I mean have tickle fights, or chase each other around the home; or roll around in the mud, together. Playing around is another social glue. You need to lose all dignity around each other habitually.

Marry someone who has intimacy needs that match yours. Marriages can work between joined-at-the-hip couples, and they can also work between highly independent couples. But it's hard to sustain a marriage between a clingy person and a standoffish one.

Have sex multiple time before you get married. Make sure you're sexually compatible.

Live together for at least a year before you get married. Make sure you're compatible roommates.

You are free to counter and add yours too.
let's help stop all these "rush in,rush out" marriages.
you should number them by 1 to 9, it would make your article more attractive
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by Daijin(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
What you need to know about marriage is that it can be very boring after some time. At first it seems interesting because you have never done it before. The longer you are together, the more you will get used to each other. You need to find a way to keep things going and that is the truth. A child is usuallly the solution because it divides your attention to your partner.
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by Kallantan: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Before you get married you must be 100 percent sure that the person you are marrying is the right one for you. The marriages that break do so because the partners were not sure of what they really wanted. Make sure that you know your partner very well before you get married to them.
Re: 9 Important Things To Know Before Getting Married. by InfernoNig: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
No one knows more than he knows when it comes to marriage. It takes the grace of God for a marriage to work and last till death.

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened As Lady Twerked / I Need A Zaddy / When A Man Stares At You With Hot Eyes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.