Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

N40bn NDDC Probe: Akpabio Denies Knowledge Of Contract Allegedly Awarded To Rep. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N40bn NDDC Probe: Akpabio Denies Knowledge Of Contract Allegedly Awarded To Rep. (162 Views)

David Hundeyin: Deloitte Denies Knowledge Of Tinubu Ever Being Its Employee / Iniobong Umoren: Ekaette-Unoma Akpabio Denies Being The Owner Of Davok Suites / Akpabio Denies Collecting ₦500 Million NDDC Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N40bn NDDC Probe: Akpabio Denies Knowledge Of Contract Allegedly Awarded To Rep. by ElectroLyte: 11:41am On Jul 21, 2020
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, says he does not have knowledge of any contract allegedly awarded to the Chairman, House of Representatives Committees on Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Rep. Olubumi Tunji-Ojo.
At the investigative hearing on the alleged N40 billion irregular expenditure in the NDDC, Akpabio said that he was yet to see contract documents made to Tunji-Ojo’s company.

“I am not sure if NDDC awarded contract to the Chairman, House of Representatives Committee, Rep. Olubumi Tunji-Ojo.

“For me to say that, I need to see that contracts were awarded to his company; may be the contract was awarded in the area where he comes from in Ondo,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Tunji-Ojo was accused of executing contracts by the Interim Management Committee of the NDDC.

NAN also reports that as a result of the allegation, Tunji-Ojo stepped aside as chairman of the committee to allow for a free and fair hearing and not to be a judge in his own case.

The acting Managing Director of the NDDC, Prof. Kemebradikumo Pondei, had accused Tunji-Ojo of corrupt practices in the commission.

On the rift with the former acting Managing Director of NDDC, Ms Joy Nunieh, Akpabio alleged that she was sacked for insubordination.

Read more===https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/07/n40bn-nddc-probe-akpabio-denies-knowledge-of-contract-allegedly-awarded-to-rep-tunji-ojo-2/

(1) (Reply)

Life's Really Unfair For Some People / I Disagree With Garba Shehu And His Piece Of Crap… By Sabo Douglas / Ize-iyamu Assures Residents Of Violence-free Election, Calls On Opposition To Sh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.