Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters (760 Views)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by Jiokcareers: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
From a summarize thought and evaluation on parent when devote their time in training the maids on how to cook well, how to clean the house and on good mannerisms while leaving their own daughters untrained.

Parent overwork the maids and they adjust with equanimity because they need them to survive.

The maids turn out to manage the indignation and insolence we and our children subject them to

The maids turn out to manage the indignation and insolence that parent and their children subject them to. All these make the maids better wives who can manage even the worst of men.

Some daughters see kitchen things as maids’ things

So called precious daughters are pampered through nursery and primary schools. They speak the English we want and know all the cartoon slangs by heart. We beat the maids blue black if they ever ask our girls to help out in domestic duties. Some daughters see kitchen things as maids’ things.

The girls move from boarding schools to the university, do their NYSC at their place of choice, after Masters, executive appointment letters are brought home for a choice’s job. Of course, they are ripe for marriage and we long to see it happen soon........ https://jiokcareers.com/why-suitors-now-prefer-maids-for-marriage-than-daughters/
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Una don come again.....
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by 0Brien: 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
It's true sha
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by veave(f): 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
Huh? �
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by bukatyne(f): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
I have read this recycled piece severally. So maids make better wives because:
1. They cook (good)
2. They clean (good)
3. They tolerate insolence so they can stay married to the worst of men.

How do you wish a human being to tolerate insolent bosses and individuals?

I believe they should be skilled in knowing how insolent people behave and choose good husbands.

Instead of you to accept home training or re-train yourselves, keep looking for the person who would condone your bad behaviors.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by Jman06(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
This is so true!
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by Munzy14(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Some Maids are better home managers than oga's spoilt lazy daughters who spent most time slaying on Instagram and watching all movie series on Zee world.

Maids gets the best home training atimes from the madam and everyone else involved by virtue of excessive chores.

Even in some settings, comfortable families do send their daughters on holiday to that of other relatives to give them a sense of survival away from comfort zone...It is still part of training.

My dad will always tell us, when we send u guys on errands and chores, we are teaching and equipping you guys with things u will need to survive later in life..As a grown up those grills back then paid off nowadays.
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by LadySarah: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2020
I'm Ll for treating humans right but this post is hogwash.
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2020
Munzy14:
Some Maids are better home managers than oga's spoilt lazy daughters who spent most time slaying on Instagram and watching all movie series on Zee world.

Maids gets the best home training atimes from the madam and everyone else involved by virtue of excessive chores.

Even in some settings, comfortable families do send their daughters on holiday to that of other relatives to give them a sense of survival away from comfort zone...It is still part of training.

My dad will always tell us, when we send u guys on errands and chores, we are teaching and equipping you guys with things u will need to survive later in life..As a grown up those grills back then paid off nowadays.

@bold:

There is a difference between a maid managing her madam's home unintentionally and forcefully and a wife managing her home.

Two different things, two different attitudes to the table.
Re: Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters by Munzy14(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

There is a difference between a maid managing her madam's home unintentionally and forcefully and a wife managing her home.

Two different things, two different attitudes to the table.
That is when character and individual difference comes in.

There is also, A saying " An old woman never grows old in a dance step she mastered".

The dance here is that home management which is extremely important in a marital union.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Hungry / This Children Will Not Kill Me. / The Day I Almost Sold My Blood...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.