Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings (5732 Views)

Resign If You Can’t Stop Killings By Herdsmen – Groups Tell Buhari / Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by asha80(m): 1:51am On Feb 08, 2011
Boko Haram gives conditions to stop killings
News Feb 8, 2011

By Emeka Mamah[b]
Kaduna — The Muslim fundamentalist group, Boko Haram, has given conditions to enable its members stop slaughtering innocent Nigerians in some parts of the North.

The group said it would stop inflicting pains on the people if the Borno State Governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, steps down from office with immediate effect and also allow members to reclaim their mosque in Maiduguri, Borno State capital.

The group’s leader, Abu Suleiman, who gave the conditions while speaking on the British Broadcasting Corporation, BBC, Hausa Service interview, monitored in Kaduna yesterday, insisted that government must withdraw all security personnel on the streets of Maiduguri, adding that no persons will be harmed any longer as soon as the appropriate authorities meet the conditions[/b]

However, speaking during the BBC interview, Suleiman, said: “We want our mosque to be given back to us and we also want all the soldiers in Maiduguri to be withdrawn immediately.

He explained that his group has what he described as “a serious religious affinity” with their mosque in Maiduguri so that members can continue with their religious activities.

He said: “The soldiers and other security agents in Maiduguri are not fair to all and that is why we want them withdrawn immediately. It is not also proper for us to perform our religious rites in other mosques because we believe that leaders and clerics in these mosques are not intellectually capable to lead us.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/boko-haram-gives-conditions-to-stop-killings/
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by ShangoThor(m): 4:36am On Feb 08, 2011
[size=18pt]2015 A.D.[/size]

Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by ekubear1: 5:43am On Feb 08, 2011
So Boko Haram is pretty much a Kanuri terrorist movement, right? Not really generically "Northern" or Hausa? Perhaps some elements from the Chad Republic?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by zionic(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2011
BOKO SHIT, angry
Kill and be killed randy malos
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by alldone(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2011
well, i dont think it is write to negotiate with terorrist one cant trust them. if they hve anyproblem with the Governor ther should face him and stop killing innocent people.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by DonOsita(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
One tin wit those guys is dat go about killing innocent citizen
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by LA2(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2011
Why do these boko bastards keep damaging the image of Islam?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by emmddy: 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
they are not real Muslim,because Islam did not allow to kill innocent soul.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by LA2(m): 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2011
Precisely my point, Emddyy. It's all really sad
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by mecylee(f): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2011
LA2:

Why do these boko bastards keep damaging the image of Islam?
e

Does Islam has a better a image is good am hearing it today

emmddy:

story story story i de hear you talk on,
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by nvo5(f): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2011
emmddy:

So why can't your religious head stop them
I know, he can do it. I mean the sultan
of sokoto. And put tight security in the boundary
between Nigeria and Chad, Niger and Cameroon.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by Mobinga: 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
ShangoThor:

[size=18pt]2015 A.D.[/size]
How does that come into place? What are you implying?

The world is more advanced and "more intelligent" than it was back then. You don't hear of christians killing in the name of God in this age.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_CmeU71R7q4k/TIji3-NifFI/AAAAAAAAAHc/PxIDpiDJRJk/s1600/boko+haram.jpg[/img]

[img]http://barenakedislam.files./2010/08/charred-body-of-muslim-burnt-to-death-by-hindu-mobs.jpg?w=237&h=300[/img]
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by tosinaded(m): 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
Dem islamic fukkas almost got me killed during NYSC. . .
Now i really dnt give a fukk if they are real muslims or not, buh they are claiming islam and dats a dent on the religion!
They are psychos that shouldnt be negotiated with at all. .

Why wld they have a prob wiv the army on the streets? Bunch of ret.a.rdz only want a free way to kill more innocent people
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by tosinaded(m): 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2011
Now i really dnt give a fukk if they are real muslims or not, buh they are claiming islam and dats a dent on the religion!

Why wld they have a prob wiv the army on the streets? Bunch of ret.a.rdz only want a free way to kill more innocent people
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by Mobinga: 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
tosinaded@:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

edited the wiki page  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by 21052011: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2011
you simply should NOT negotiate with terrorists under any circumstance
like a poster said they are not to be trusted
also you don't want to set a precedence ,once you start it you have to continue with others
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by djay4: 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2011
Indonesia: Angry Muslim crowd attacks Java churches
Burning vehicles at the Christian Pentecostal Church in Temanggung Two churches were set on fire and a third was damaged in Temanggung, central Java
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

* Jakarta pressured over sect kills
* Indonesia religious tensions sparks violence
* Indonesia country profile

More than 1,000 Muslim protesters have stormed a courthouse and burned two churches in central Java, Indonesia.

The attacks in Temanggung happened after a Christian man was sentenced to five years in jail for distributing leaflets deemed insulting to Islam.

Indonesian police said the crowd considered the sentence too lenient and were demanding the death penalty.

The incident came two days after Muslim villagers in western Java killed three members of a minority Islamic sect.

A police spokesman told the BBC that the angry crowd began attacking the court building in Temanggung after the verdict was read out.

The violence spread to surrounding neighbourhoods where two churches were set on fire and a third was damaged.

Police fired warning shots into the air to disperse the crowds.
'Extremist groups'

In a separate development, a video has emerged of Sunday's deadly attack on members of the minority Ahmadiyah Muslim sect.

The footage apparently show how a group of about 20 men were forced by an angry crowd to strip before they were beaten so violently that several died.

The Ahmadiyah sect has been labelled by the government as deviant, but is not banned.

A body which advises the US government on religious freedom has said Indonesia must act against "extremist" attacks.

"Indonesia is a tolerant county that should be more intolerant of extremist groups. It's time the Indonesian government brings them to account for the violence and hatred they spread," said Leonard Leo, chair of the US Commission on International Religious Freedom.

Indonesia has the world's largest Muslim population but it is a secular nation.

International human rights groups say more hardline fringe groups have been harassing religious minorities in recent years. The Indonesian president has been criticised for not doing enough to protect the rights of all citizens.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by adetunrayo(f): 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
Where is Jack bauer?
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by djay4: 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by froz(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2011
@ adetunrayo. Jack ko jack ni.:-D,
Jack bauer don retire. . . Even if we nid dedicated operative lyk dat. We go nid lyk 50 jack bauers and 80 chloe.s to get the job done.:-D grin
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by skydeexie(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2011
So why can't your religious head stop them
I know, he can do it. I mean the sultan
of sokoto. And put tight security in the boundary
between Nigeria and Chad, Niger and Cameroon.

Don't mind the Sultan with his double standards! He is more interested in advancing the cause of islam in
Plateau State than in stopping the Boko guerillas/islamic terrorist from killing in the name of their moon god.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by muhsin(m): 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2011
Lets see who is that stupid to believe them. shocked
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by amurx(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2011
Nonsense
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by Ikengawo: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2011
Im tired of muslims telling everyone that all these violent people acting in the name of islam aren't muslims. They're muslims and there's a problem with Islam and muslims need to admit it and deal with it instead of pretending these systematic discriminatory daily religious killings are chance accidents and random mishaps

not just nigerian muslims, muslims the world over.
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by slary(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What a pronouncement lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by slary(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2011
cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by nich(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2011
sounds so like a joke!
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by leoebhos(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2011
boko fools
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by simeontos(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2011
foolish people dat await gods judgement
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by jude33084(m): 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2011
This guys are sick. This is why I refuse to go to yankari for my holiday. angry
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by omotohhawt(f): 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2011
Mobinga:

How does that come into place? What are you implying?

The world is more advanced and "more intelligent" than it was back then. You don't hear of christians killing in the name of God in this age.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_CmeU71R7q4k/TIji3-NifFI/AAAAAAAAAHc/PxIDpiDJRJk/s1600/boko+haram.jpg[/img]

[img]http://barenakedislam.files./2010/08/charred-body-of-muslim-burnt-to-death-by-hindu-mobs.jpg?w=237&h=300[/img]

I puked when i saw this, please why is this boko haram sect leader still walking freely on the streets, he ought to be locked up somewhere in a dungeon with keys thrown into the atlantic ocean. The whole ideology behind the formation of the sect belong to the 1199 BC's SMH!
Re: Boko Haram Gives Conditions To Stop Killings by tlops(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^gory : sad sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria / American Military History (in Brief) / Orumba Constituency Reform; Osinbajo Receives Hon Ben Nwankwo Led Delegation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.