Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,775 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) (53041 Views)

Another Set of BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Passengers Injured (photos) / Accident Along Patani Expressway In Delta Kills People (Graphic Photos) / Driver Collides With Okada Man In Delta, Kills Him & Runs Away (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
They went to scoop fuel, did they think it was ice cream?
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by cynhamscakes(f): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
Do they ever hear? Stay away from fallen tankers loaded with Kerosene and petrol!!!
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by onyebezie500(m): 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
I was there o. I was enjoying the morning rain, sleeping jejely on my own dis morning when my sister ran into the house and told me to wake up that a tanker has felled and people are going to fetch fuel. i be nor wan go o but wen the thought that I gat no money came to my mind. Mehnnn I just grab one of my grandma 25 liters and join my sister who has also gathered some other gallons in our wheelbarrow and off we ran with some other scoopers. Wen we get to the spot people were already filling their gallons and I told my sister to be carrying the gallons as soon as I fill any of them. Omo na so me and my sister take set the formation o. Na so I begin the struggle to scoop fuel o. mehnn it was a survival of the fittest o because it was gushing out little by little then and the driver and his boy was trying as much as possible to stop people. But as soon as the community area boys came the were shouting
ABANCRAYA! ABANCRAYA! NA WE GET THIS COMMUNITY!! they beat up the driver and his boy and they opened the tanker . Omo u need to see the way fuel was gushing out. so I quickly rushed to fill my gallons remaining the last gallon and I told my sister to take the filled gallons home that I will bring the last gallon so she went. Mehnnn u need to help me THANK GOD as soon as I got the last gallon filled and I was on my way home just a stone throw from the taker what I heard was BOOMMM! BOMMM! BOMMM!. mehnnn u need to see the way the flame was spreading to were I was, I quickly throwaway the gallon and ran for my life. When I have i ran some distance i looked back I saw people roasted like dry meats. I could not even stand because my legs were trembling due to the shock. People who heard the explosion at home we're running
heltar sketal looking for their loved ones. Omo na today I know say my grandma sabbi run o. U need to see the way she was running towards the spot crying and shouting my name. But as soon as she saw me she felt relieved and knelt down thanking God just like other people who found their loved ones. Some we're happy that they found their loved ones and others were crying the haven't find theirs. Mehnnn na so e happen o just help me thank God o. I don't scoop things from trailers which felled I don't know what actually pushed me today. It was still like a dream to me. pls don't mind my writing my hands are still shaking
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 23, 2020
GREATESTPIANIST:
hello dear, can i dm you, I have a question for you

Sure sir. You can see my whatsapp number there
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by showafrica(m): 1:25am On Jul 23, 2020
Charmingrascal:
See that idiot taking pictures.

Somebody burnt and u are taking his/her picture.
For what purpose?
To keep it on your phone and show people that u were there when it happened or what?

How will he feel seeing pictures of a fellow human being who got burnt beyond recognition on his phone.
That is stupidity

If you are lucky to step out of your house and return safely just thank God because many didn't make it and you are not holier than them.

RIP to the dead

I noticed the slowpoke, stupidly taking picture of ashes like an abandoned idiot with a hopeless future.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by lilmerhnuel(m): 1:38am On Jul 23, 2020
Viral video of yahoo boy who allegedly ran mad for not completing his day to day sacrifices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCa0zLYJIE

See story here >>> https://www.9jaedublog.com.ng/2020/07/viral-video-of-yahoo-boy-who-allegedly.html
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Ezmans: 2:05am On Jul 23, 2020
HeWrites:

https://igberetvnews.com/1359011/17-killed-others-injured-delta-tanker-explosion/
residents rushed to scoop fuel,I can't pity for them ,there are thiefs & died in active service
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 23, 2020
Such foolishness. Left with me it is good for the idiots that rushed to scoop fuel from a fallen tanker. It will always end in tears, hope it sends a strong message to any idiot that dears to try that nonsense again. You have the mind to scoop fuel from a fallen tanker, but when they call you for a revolution to oust this useless government you would start saying that they will kill you.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 23, 2020
onyebezie500:
I was there o. I was enjoying the morning rain, sleeping jejely on my own dis morning when my sister ran into the house and told me to wake up that a tanker has felled and people are going to fetch fuel. i be nor wan go o but wen the thought that I gat no money came to my mind. Mehnnn I just grab one of my grandma 25 liters and join my sister who has also gathered some other gallons in our wheelbarrow and off we ran with some other scoopers. Wen we get to the spot people were already filling their gallons and I told my sister to be carrying the gallons as soon as I fill any of them. Omo na so me and my sister take set the formation o. Na so I begin the struggle to scoop fuel o. mehnn it was a survival of the fittest o because it was gushing out little by little then and the driver and his boy was trying as much as possible to stop people. But as soon as the community area boys came the were shouting
ABANCRAYA! ABANCRAYA! NA WE GET THIS COMMUNITY!! they beat up the driver and his boy and they opened the tanker . Omo u need to see the way fuel was gushing out. so I quickly rushed to fill my gallons remaining the last gallon and I told my sister to take the filled gallons home that I will bring the last gallon so she went. Mehnnn u need to help me THANK GOD as soon as I got the last gallon filled and I was on my way home just a stone throw from the taker what I heard was BOOMMM! BOMMM! BOMMM!. mehnnn u need to see the way the flame was spreading to were I was, I quickly throwaway the gallon and ran for my life. When I have i ran some distance i looked back I saw people roasted like dry meats. I could not even stand because my legs were trembling due to the shock. People who heard the explosion at home we're running
heltar sketal looking for their loved ones. Omo na today I know say my grandma sabbi run o. U need to see the way she was running towards the spot crying and shouting my name. But as soon as she saw me she felt relieved and knelt down thanking God just like other people who found their loved ones. Some we're happy that they found their loved ones and others were crying the haven't find theirs. Mehnnn na so e happen o just help me thank God o. I don't scoop things from trailers which felled I don't know what actually pushed me today. It was still like a dream to me. pls don't mind my writing my hands are still shaking
Next time you won't be so lucky. Put that bravery that you used to fetch fuel from a fallen tanker to good use.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:54am On Jul 23, 2020
LET US LOVE & SERVE GOD NOW AND BE SAFE.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Cashsteady(m): 4:48am On Jul 23, 2020
Imagine the state of that road alone.. rip to the Dead
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by gobuchinny: 5:58am On Jul 23, 2020
Marveworld:
We are not safe anymore. You just have to go out and hustle only to meet your end.

Meanwhile, we design heaven on earth, let's design your interiors.
Kindly Check this thread for pics:
https://www.nairaland.com/6003086/interior-designs-nigeria-photos#91905457

how much is d budget for something like this
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 23, 2020
when they tell dem not scoop fuel they won't hear, serves em right, my condolence to the victims who didn't scoop fuel but were roasted alive, may heaven accept their aroma, I mean souls.

Someone somewhere just renewed their spiritual blood bank.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Archangel20(m): 7:32am On Jul 23, 2020
Charmingrascal:

For what purpose?
To keep it on your phone and show people that u were there when it happened or what?

How will he feel seeing pictures of a fellow human being who got burnt beyond recognition on his phone.
That is stupidity

If you are lucky to step out of your house and return safely just thank God because many didn't make it and you are not holier than them.

RIP to the dead

Stealing fuel was stupidity... Was it theirs?? They couldn't figure out ways to assist the tanker driver. I think God just decided to give them their well deserved nemesis too soon.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by omoakin22: 7:41am On Jul 23, 2020
RIP to the deceased
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:46am On Jul 23, 2020
So bad
May their souls find rest
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by starlingbawa(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2020
The sorry state of Nigerian Roads caused this "AVOIDABLE DEATHS AND DESTRUCTION"...

Just this past Saturday I drove(Camry 09) from Warri to Ubiaja in Edo State for a function, And honestly I regretted it. I was almost crying, And at a point in time I contemplated carrying the vehicle on my head as the roads were almost non existent!!!

The sad reality we face everyday in Nigeria...

RIP to the dead.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by athorello(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2020
onyebezie500:

Big idiot... You should have died cos you don't read, see or hear the news.
I have zero pity for all those who died in that inferno including the drivers and passengers who saw fuel spilling out like a flood and still tried to drive past.
I arrived at the scene few minutes to 9am and was in that koko junction for over an hour waiting for the fire to be put off by the two fire trucks came in my presence. And thank God for the heavy rain that started falling too. The most gory site I've seen recently although I've seen worst. Even the guy who got burnt with his bike and two fille jericans of fuel. The driver on the ground was turned to wood charcoal with his intestines gorging out like roasted goat meat.
Some woman I met there told me they and the truck driver went to the police roadblock to appeal to them to stop the fuel scoopers but they told them that they should go and die. People where even taken pictures and videos. In less than 30 mins, I was already seeing the videos on whatsapp status. I had to cross over with a bike to get another vehicle to continue my journey to benin. The trucks and tankers on the road are just too many. Another truck was even fallen less than 200 meters from the burning tanker cos the bad spots on the road in that axis are too deep and convoluted on both sides.
I even interacted briefly with some of the community people around. It turned out that falling trucks and tankers is a common occurrence there and they're used to scooping. I could even hear some of their dialect even though I can't speak it where some ladies were saying they'll never embark on such again even if it's groundnut oil that spilled. grin Some were insinuating that it's the aboki that lit up the tanker.

This is beyond poverty. Govt should prioritize the repairs and rehabilitation of very bad spots and death traps on our roads. Southern people should be educated in their local dialects. They should be encouraged to at least listen to radio like our northern brothers. PMB and Okowa should talk about it and put efforts to repair the road. The Nigerian police should stop being an apology of a security outfit.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Doncyn(f): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2020
I know there is hunger everywhere in Nigeria but not to dictrement of my life ooo..

people are ignorant...dis kind of explosion has sent so many people to early grave but still if tanker falls dey will still go to take fuel forgetting the explosion .

. I just believe this is Dere tym to say goodbye....because somebody dat loves his or her life cannot near a falling tanker with fuel .
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2020
gobuchinny:

how much is d budget for something like this

Send me a message on whatsapp sir.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by jesmond3945: 9:37am On Jul 23, 2020
Charmingrascal:

For what purpose?

That is stupidity

RIP to the dead
they were scooping fuel. He is just showing you what will happen to you if you are found scooping fuel. You can watch the full video
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by jesmond3945: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2020
athorello:

Big idiot... You should have died cos you don't read, see or hear the news.
I have zero pity for all those who died in that inferno including the drivers and passengers who saw fuel spilling out like a flood and still tried to drive past.
I arrived at the scene few minutes to 9am and was in that koko junction for over an hour waiting for the fire to be put off by the two fire trucks came in my presence. And thank God for the heavy rain that started falling too. The most gory site I've seen recently although I've seen worst. Even the guy who got burnt with his bike and two fille jericans of fuel. The driver on the ground was turned to wood charcoal with his intestines gorging out like roasted goat meat.
Some woman I met there told me they and the truck driver went to the police roadblock to appeal to them to stop the fuel scoopers but they told them that they should go and die. People where even taken pictures and videos. In less than 30 mins, I was already seeing the videos on whatsapp status. I had to cross over with a bike to get another vehicle to continue my journey to benin. The trucks and tankers on the road are just too many. Another truck was even fallen less than 200 meters from the burning tanker cos the bad spots on the road in that axis are too deep and convoluted on both sides.
I even interacted briefly with some of the community people around. It turned out that falling trucks and tankers is a common occurrence there and they're used to scooping. I could even hear some of their dialect even though I can't speak it where some ladies were saying they'll never embark on such again even if it's groundnut oil that spilled. grin Some were insinuating that it's the aboki that lit up the tanker.

This is beyond poverty. Govt should prioritize the repairs and rehabilitation of very bad spots and death traps on our roads. Southern people should be educated in their local dialects. They should be encouraged to at least listen to radio like our northern brothers. PMB and Okowa should talk about it and put efforts to repair the road. The Nigerian police should stop being an apology of a security outfit.
thank you my brother but please remove buhari from blame. We have okowa and we have nddc to blame
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Desiderius(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Rip to the dead...but benin\sapele road should be having the best road in Nigeria.Oil rich States with nothing to show for whenever it rains its a no go area in these road an eyesore...
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by gwama: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
Looks like the sheep is smarter than some people. Siphon an overturned tanker ?? How many cases have happened in Nigeria that resulted in the death of those who collected the free fuel ?? cool cool cool
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
Charmingrascal:

For what purpose?

That is stupidity

RIP to the dead

The reason Nigerians do that is so that they can go home and show it to their village people and be shouting that God loves them so much that's y he killed d others and left them! That's d wicked rationale behind this insensitive, heart breaking attitude!
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by Phyde: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nigerians can risk their life for anything. After reading this updates, If a tanker fall now, they will still scoop fuel in mass.
Re: Tanker Explosion In Delta Kills 17, Leaves Many Injured (photos) by 900warriorz: 3:10am On Jul 29, 2020
Charmingrascal:

For what purpose?

That is stupidity

RIP to the dead

what if he wants to post it on his blog or on a forum like nairaland?

Make we dey check things different ways before we judge undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Driver Speeds Off With FRSC Officer On Bonnet As FRSC Van Gives Chase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.