Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians (288 Views)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 23, 2020
Christian citizens in China who receive social welfare payments have been ordered to abandon their faith or risk losing government support, according to a new report.

The policy impacts low-income religious citizens who receive government assistance, according to Bitter Winter, a watchdog that monitors reports of persecution in China.

Multiple cities and towns across the country have implemented the policy.

In April, officials from several villages in Shanxi province were called together for a meeting and ordered by the government “to remove crosses, religious symbols and images from the homes of people of faith who receive social welfare payments” and replace them with portraits of former Chinese leader Mao Zedong (1893-1976) and current President Xi Jinping.

A Christian in one of the villages told Bitter Winter that officials tore down Christian imagery in his home and hung a picture of Zedong.

“Impoverished religious households can’t receive money from the state for nothing – they must obey the Communist Party for the money they receive,” the Christian told Bitter Winter.

A house church pastor said village officials visited his home in May and replaced a cross with a picture of Zedong.

“All impoverished households in the town were told to display Mao Zedong images,” the pastor said. “The government is trying to eliminate our belief and wants to become God instead of Jesus.”

In Jiangxi province, government officials withdrew a monthly disability allowance and a living subsidy from a man who is disabled and Christian.

“Officials told me that we would be treated as anti-Party elements if my husband and I continued attending worship services,” the man’s wife told Bitter Winter.

Sometimes, there’s little warning.

A Christian elderly woman in her 80s lost her government assistance after she said “thank God” while receiving her subsidy in January. She lives in Jiangxi province.

“They expected me to praise the kindness of the Communist Party instead,” she said.

Government officials in Shangqiu city in the province of Henan cancelled the government assistance for an elderly woman in her 70s after they discovered a cross image on her door.

“They tore it down immediately,” the elderly Christian told Bitter Winter. “Afterward, both my minimum living allowance and poverty alleviation subsidy were canceled. I am being driven to a dead end. I have diabetes and need injections regularly.”

Said a neighbor, “This little money she received from the government was her bread and butter. But it has been canceled because of a cross image, causing great harm to this woman.”

My own advice to believers is to hustle harder in your chosen fields, pray harder for divine inspiration, revelations and directions to do things different and yield greater results even when the world is crumbling economically, know what God says concerning your wellbeing and use his words as sincere pointers in your prayers. Money must be made if we must survive and only God's sufficient grace, mercy and compassion can make it possible.

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/renounce-christ-or-lose-government-assistance-chinas-low-income-christians-are-told.html

Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by chukwuibuipob: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2020
angryWe
Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by OtemAtum: 9:33am On Jul 23, 2020
Christianity did worse things to other religion, scientists and thinkers in those days. Now it's like payback time. Well, what's my business with two religious set of people trying to overshadow each other? This has remained the hallmark of religion for eons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by Mastakija(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2020
lord what is happening to ur children
Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by Mastakija(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
Christianity did worse things to other religion, scientists and thinkers in those days. Now it's like payback time. Well, what's my business with two religious set of people trying to overshadow each other? This has remained the hallmark of religion for eons.
how?
Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by OtemAtum: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2020
Mastakija:
how?
All over European countries, Christianity suppressed and killed fans of other religions and scientists in the days when the pope was still very powerful. You can read the BOOK OF PIVADRA I & II to clear your doubts.

1 Like

Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by BackllGodNaija: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2020
Do not be surprised... persecution is part and parcel of the faith.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by Mastakija(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
OtemAtum:
All over European countries, Christianity suppressed and killed fans of other religions and scientists in the days when the pope was still very powerful. You can read the BOOK OF PIVADRA I & II to clear your doubts.
im not doubting
just wanted to know how it happened
Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
They don't want a repeat of the Taiping rebellion (most bloody war after WW11) were xtian fanatics murdered uncountable millions of Chinese for their murdered god.
Religion of love indeed.
Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by Sheunma: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Allahu Akbar
Re: Renounce Christ Or Lose Government Assistance, China's Low-income Christians by IMAliyu(m): 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
F**ing Communists

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Any State You Find Yourself, Be Concious Of Your Soul / Religion Of Peace Indeed / VIDEO: ‘We Have Coronavirus Under Our Feet’ – Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.