Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake (7213 Views)

The Truth About Procrastination And How To Kill It / What's The Name Of This Snake, August Visitor On The Farm / Don't Kill Yourself. Check These Relieving Animal Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
The African house snake is probably the most common snake in Africa. They are found everywhere and can survive in any environment. The only criteria is that it must be in a human settlement. The African house snake loves to be around human settlement because of the tremendous benefits that comes with living around humans.

Chances are if you look at this snake, you probably most have seen it around and you also must have killed it, sadly. However killing this snake disrupts the ecological balance and can even affect humans in a negative way
Firstly, The African house snake is not venomous. It's a very shy and non venomous snake. Secondly, it feeds on mans greatest domestic enemies, RATS AND MICE. These snake have a ferocious appetite and loves to feed on rats. So you now see why you shouldn't kill them? They are not dangerous and they can actually help you. Most rural communities in Africa are even learning to keep these snakes as pets because of their use.

So next time you come across this snake, let it be and silently acknowledge the many times it may have saved you and your food stuff.
Cc. lalasticlala

meanwhile I'll design a brand logo for your business for just 3k

4 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by vicdonzy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
FTC
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Freestainworld(m): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
that one concern you, when it crosse's my part, I will kill it, snakes are not meant to dwell with human.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by illicit(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by CapitalHYC(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hmm .. So people like me that hate snake since the garden of Eden saga nko?.. Don't be a Joke ,I'll call someone to kill it . I can't trust snakes abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by falcon01: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
who get time to know which snake it is?

11 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Deasegun19(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
Na die the snake go die if I see am... that na my own. shikena
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
CapitalHYC:
Hmm .. So people like me that hate snake since the garden of Eden saga nko?.. Don't be a Joke ,I'll call someone to kill it . I can't trust snakes abeg
Hahaha Africans. mentality sha

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
Really this snake is good

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by kestolove95(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
If I see dix snake anywhere, I will kill ND burn it

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by offset67(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
Say no to killing and eating of snakes

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Denique(f): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
@OP, how do you expect me to identify this specie of snake?
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by ruggedtimi(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
In Nigeria every snake is a python or cobra...So clear road.

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Im expecting this topic on FP by the end of today

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Fajoe2020: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Snake na Snake

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
Denique:
@OP, how do you expect me to identify this specie of snake?
I dont really know but Google "Lamprophis aurora"
Just to know, a venomous snake will have elliptical, slit-like eyes, resembling a cat, rather than having round pupils.

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
I will kill it,Is me and the snake that rent house?
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Oche211(m): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

A venomous snake will have elliptical, slit-like eyes, resembling a cat, rather than having round pupils.
Who have the time to patiently wait and check out it's eyes?
If I see a snake, I'll kill it before even looking at the shape of the head.

3 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Harry00(m): 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Snake na snake

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by rowland545(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
No b only ecology nah economy.... If I catch any snake weather nah baby or adult... Nah death get am.....who send am work??

Me way hate anything snake.... Op mind urself ooo b4 I knack u plank for head

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Emmanuelcann: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
If you kill it, it's your loss - after all rats carry plagues!

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by pyrex23(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

Hahaha Africans. mentality sha

so many snakes look alike, no one would have the time to start telling which is which when one encounters one..
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
pyrex23:

so many snakes look alike, no one would have the time to start telling which is which when one encounters one..
You right.. but this snakes are common in homes cus of mice
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Denique(f): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

I dont really know but Google "Lamprophis aurora"
Just to know, a venomous snake will have elliptical, slit-like eyes, resembling a cat, rather than having round pupils.

You obviously didn't get my drift.
How do I identify the features you listed above?...by taking a look at it, I suppose?!
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Denique:

You obviously didn't get my drift.
How do I identify the features you listed above?...by taking a look at it, I suppose?!
Ahhhh nooooo.. u wan die, what if its the wrong snake.. well u would have to kill one and u compare the features u see on the net
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Admiral49(m): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
ok
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by IARASORGANIC: 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
I even hate to see lizards in my house talk more of a limbless animal like snake, Op Abeg carry your wahala go.
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Denique(f): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

Ahhhh nooooo.. u wan die, what if its the wrong snake.. well u would have to kill one and u compare the features u see on the net

So, why you con dey list features for me before?

Be careful o...
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by omoeko001(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2020
Its venomous u can see the shape of the head..thats how to know a venomous snake

Non venomous**
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
You mean if I sight this snake around my dwelling I shouldn't kill it? You be devil!!!!
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
omoeko001:
Its venomous u can see the shape of the head..thats how to know a venomous snake
leave the mumu

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by omoeko001(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
But I don't think this is the image of the snake you are referring to.... venomous snakes head are always in triangular shape while that of the non venomous are always rounded in shape

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Relevance Of A University Degree To A Nigerian Youth / The Danger Of Living Close To A Communication Mast. / A Ghost In Alvan Ikoku College Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.