Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake (7214 Views)

The Truth About Procrastination And How To Kill It / What's The Name Of This Snake, August Visitor On The Farm / Don't Kill Yourself. Check These Relieving Animal Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Santiago123(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
I dont know why we african have this hatred for snakes we fail to realise that snake form a huge part part of our healthy ecosystem take them away and they will be no balance.only 2 Percent of snakes in nigeria are actually venomous infact only 5 Percent of snakes are venomous the rest are not. We just have this dislike for those creatures.

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by mytime24(f): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
offset67:
Say no to killing and eating of snakes
yawn
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Denique:

So, why you con dey list features for me before?

Be careful o...
Yes there are some snake that may have the same features as that house snake.. to know more about it is through the net.. I'm not a snake master
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
CapitalHYC:
Hmm .. So people like me that hate snake since the garden of Eden saga nko?.. Don't be a Joke ,I'll call someone to kill it . I can't trust snakes abeg

On the other hand, snakes don't hate you...

They just want to eat, reproduce and be left alone.
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by frybug: 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ill kill that shit. Will not wanna take chances.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by chiiraq802(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oga!! I don't want the help...av gat rat poison and rat gum...if i sight that snake around my vicinity, 2secs ah don OVB am oooo.....#no dullinqz
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Captainicity(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
what if it starts inviting it families and lover that are not so friendly? You should be giving this lecture to to Ebony guys. �
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Captainicity(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
what if it starts inviting it families and lover that are not so friendly? You should be giving this lecture to to Ebony guys. �
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
Icelandicboy:
leave the mumu
Well can't Categories a venomous snake solely on its head nah.

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Ytgud: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
Super story, snake na snake abeg.
Nothing like friendly snake

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Sambaby7640: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
rowland545:
No b only ecology nah economy.... If I catch any snake weather nah baby or adult... Nah death get am.....who send am work??

Me way hate anything snake.... Op mind urself ooo b4 I knack u plank for head
grin grin grin
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Asinclair(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
I think any ordinary person would like to see a snake and a scorpion and run away because both of them have to bite. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by LOVEGINO(m): 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oche211:

Who have the time to patiently wait and check out it's eyes?
If I see a snake, I'll kill it before even looking at the shape of the head.
hahahaha. I tire oooo
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by angelfallz(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
The African house snake is probably the most common snake in Africa. They are found everywhere and can survive in any environment. The only criteria is that it must be in a human settlement. The African house snake loves to be around human settlement because of the tremendous benefits that comes with living around humans.

Chances are if you look at this snake, you probably most have seen it around and you also must have killed it, sadly. However killing this snake disrupts the ecological balance and can even affect humans in a negative way
Firstly, The African house snake is not venomous. It's a very shy and non venomous snake. Secondly, it feeds on mans greatest domestic enemies, RATS AND MICE. These snake have a ferocious appetite and loves to feed on rats. So you now see why you shouldn't kill them? They are not dangerous and they can actually help you. Most rural communities in Africa are even learning to keep these snakes as pets because of their use.

So next time you come across this snake, let it be and silently acknowledge the many times it may have saved you and your food stuff.
Cc. lalasticlala

meanwhile I'll design a brand logo for your business for just 3k

All snakes should be eliminated from the face of the earth.
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Beverlyjean(f): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Like the one that deceived eve thinking that it was harmless....boom, look at whr we hv found ourselves today

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by freshkpomo(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Santiago123:
I dont know why we african have this hatred for snakes we fail to realise that snake form a huge part part of our healthy ecosystem take them away and they will be no balance.only 2 Percent of snakes in nigeria are actually venomous infact only 5 Percent of snakes are venomous the rest are not. We just have this dislike for those creatures.

Wait till you get swallowed or constricted by a non venomous snake.. Ask Americans how many they are coping with some snake accidents, even your dogs, cats and little babies will not be safe anymore...

Together we can make Nigeria better

#NYM

God bless Nigeria
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Vulcanheph(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Op, so you came to Nairaland to tell us not to kill Snakes, don't you know that Snake killing is Celebrated here .....don't let me report you to Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by OkhaiAsein(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
angelfallz:

All snakes should be eliminated from the face of the earth.
says who. you or God?
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Airoflaw(m): 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Are you from tangale land in Gombe where dey worship snakes
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by etrange: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Icelandicboy:
leave the mumu

The guy you quoted meant "non venomous". He has edited his post. Now you're on your own. grin

1 Like

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by etrange: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Like the one that deceived eve thinking that it was harmless....boom, look at whr we hv found ourselves today

grin grin grin

Laugh wan kill me!
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by ClassicMan202(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
Denique:
@OP, how do you expect me to identify this specie of snake?

Just make sure you ask the snake which specie it is before you kill it grin

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by qwertyboss(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Abeg OP carry one for body take selfies before I will believe anything

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by LegiitAdigun(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2020
This man. grin
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Denique(f): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2020
ClassicMan202:

Just make sure you ask the snake which specie it is before you kill it grin

Akoba daba, Oloun maje ari cheesy

2 Likes

Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by angelfallz(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

says who. you or God?

Me.
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by jumper524(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
to be honest, this snake is very common
never knew it was unvenomus.
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by 3fcc: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
Santiago123:

Yes o
I dislike it with passion
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Simvan: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
A werey news detected sad

Op people they manipulate snakes for my village o
Na to kill am instanta abeg grin
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by igboarenice: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

On the other hand, snakes don't hate you...

They just want to eat, reproduce and be left alone.
and bite your scrotum if you shit in the bush.
Re: When You See This Snake, Don't Kill It. It's Here To Help. African House Snake by Yemike(m): 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
igboarenice:

and bite your scrotum if you shit in the bush.
Bros haba grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Ghost In Alvan Ikoku College Of Education / How To Use Water And Bitter Leaf To Cleanse Yourself From Hatred And Bitterness / See What A Female Student Slipped Into My Palm During Class Lesson. Photo attac.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.