Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,416 members, 7,954,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US (85560 Views)

FBI Tracked Woodberry Via Iphone, Whatsapp, Bitcoin Transactions / Hushpuppi And Woodberry Extradited To US / Mr Woodberry Has Fallen Ill In U.S. Prison - Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Rhyde(m): 9:00am On Jul 24, 2020
Obviously, it's the same old trick of the FBI.
They want to nab the bigger fish; hushpuppy. So they offered Woodberry a deal to testify against huspuppy and he obviously accepted which in return, he gets free of the charges against him. When hushpuppy is eventually nabbed, they would then finally dismiss woodberry's case if his deal with the FBI is finalized.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by JimmyJab(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2020
The story so far.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by romeocares2: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2020
ChirFOOD Distribution Company

Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by beejay501: 9:10am On Jul 24, 2020
Annie001:

Scaming or spamming
Olodo angry
Teach yourself first

Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2020
daemperor1:
After reading some comments here, I can't help but to laugh out real loud.

Looking at the speed with which they concluded the dismissal of the suit against Woodberry(though the dismissal was without prejudice), something tells me that they've given him a deal in other for him to expose the big fishes behind the scene. I won't be shocked at the revelations to unfold hereafter. If he fails to cooperate with them as much as they want, they'll just easily revisit his case with claims of finding new evidence.

As for Hushpuppi, It will be easier for the camel to go through the eye of a needle than for him to be acquitted, except he cooperates and he's not considered big enough to be jailed.

I am not surprised. The evidence was obtained without probable cause. They will rather cut them a deal than let then go free. Smart deal.

But let's see what happens. You must follow the due process of law. You cannot break the law to enforce the law in countries where laws are working and the rule of law is supreme. Hushpupi will likely get the same treatment, if the same criminal laws applies.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2020
Rhyde:
They want to nab the bigger fish; hushpuppy. So they offered Woodberry a deal to testify against huspuppy and he obviously accepted which in return, he gets free of the charges against him. When hushpuppy is eventually nabbed, they would then finally dismiss woodberry's case if his deal with the FBI is finalized.

this could be true, but I doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by freeborn02: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2020
babaolofin:

You cannot know except FBI and other US organizations released the names of those organizations which is very difficult. Nigerians writing petitions to international donor agencies and NGOs against fellow Nigerians to blackmail them is very common.

They do it to settle scores and mostly out of envy but they claim it is for good governance and benefit of society. You can know them, they are very bittered.

You may be right about that. Things are not exactly as they seem most times. But the absurd motive they have may not be tribal in nature.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Blitz888(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2020
Both counsels have struck a deal for the dude to testify against his coconspirator hence the caveat that the case can be refiled... This is to ensure he keeps to his own end of the deal and doesn't renege or develop cold feat..
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Loveknitting: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2020
Mgtowmonk:
Money speaking grin this guy get better lawyer oo grin

Meanwhile guys, I have a one month old 2019 iPad air for sale
Comes complete with charger and box
It also comes installed with procreate, affinity designer and affinity photo
BTW it supports apple pencil

Asking price 170k
Check signature for number

Would've loved to get it, but mehn, that amount is six-much.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by fabby6122: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2020
Who say juju no dey catch oyinbo grin grin
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2020
Some ignorant people would make out this vague explainations how it will suit them, in other words they will believe he will be free, well.. why are they still holding him? they are just making sure they are not accussed of a onesided judgement maybe.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Chris2863(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2020
brainpulse:
"However, when it is dismissed without prejudice, like in the case of Mr Ponle, the dismissal is temporary as the prosecutor can refile the case within a certain period of time."

Obviously a temporary dismissal, to finish up collating the evidences to nail him finally. Once FBI put their teeth on you, they never let go until you are down, even if it takes 100years
Bitterness in you.... Hahahaha
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by dyoungesture: 10:40am On Jul 24, 2020
Can't believe this
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Gmailboy(m): 11:35am On Jul 24, 2020
Na wetin naija government do us be this.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Utycar: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2020
Mgtowmonk:
Money speaking grin this guy get better lawyer oo grin

Meanwhile guys, I have a one month old 2019 iPad air for sale
Comes complete with charger and box
It also comes installed with procreate, affinity designer and affinity photo
BTW it supports apple pencil

Asking price 170k
Check signature for number

How can I contact you?
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by meekah: 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Those thinking Hushpuppi will get 20 years in jail will be shocked. Corruption is everywhere, just worse in Africa
keep deceiving yourself you think American is like your Nigeria abi?

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by meekah: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
aremuforlife:
If this can happen in a sane country as we regularly say, what do we expect from a country like Nigeria where we can buy justice.
who told you that the case is over, endeavors to read with good comprehension, moreover an accuse is still innocent until proving otherwise by a competent court of law even in United States
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by k2fresh: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
einsteine:

That's because you didn't read.

If he was going to be released, the case would be dismissed with prejudice, making it illegal to file the case again. The case would be refiled within a month.
When they say a case is dismissed without prejudice it means the defendant can be tried on same charges in the future not necessary right now.He is actually free right now.Just because they didn't say with prejudice doesn't mean he is not free right now. It just means he can still be tried on same charge in the future if the F.B.I .deem it so or has a usable or better evidence.I think the case was actually dismissed due to the way the evidence was gathered(illegally),so they are not admissible in court.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Psoul(m): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
May be highly placed ppl in US are among those he helped in money laundry and wire wire deal.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by RuggedSniper: 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
lilianofentse:
So their letting a criminal get away easily. Ok.
^^^He is INNOCENT LEGALLY until proven guilty in court!
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by sacajawea: 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
pDudd:

It means he snitched on everyone. Simple.

He snitched in return for his freedom.
Yeeeee! Serious? Wow!
This USA are Crazy people oh
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by geeluck1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Devgod:
how much

6k & 20k respectively

WhatsApp me 07038576856
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by ghettochild(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
If they ever get out of this.. They shd sue the UAE police department n take all of their belongings back nrelocate to any other country that will give dem citizenship
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
geeluck1:

6k & 20k respectively

WhatsApp me 07038576856
country of followers?
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by wavylevel: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
Many forum members lack comprehension and critical deduction skills.

No wonder Nigeria is in its current state.

Read the article again for Pete's sake!
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by daamazing(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Loveknitting:

Would've loved to get it, but mehn, that amount is six-much.
have a mini 5 (mini 2019) for 155k
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by Neddyogu(m): 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
Catch and release kinda stuff?
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by sexylassie2(f): 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
Rhyde:

Stop your assumption and read the news well.

Woodberry was arrested on 8 counts of fraud charges and a FBI complaint by a company.

The company complaint was dismissed because of insufficient evidence while the 8 counts still remains.

The jury have already found him quilty on 8 charges.

Mr. Woodberry is going to jail.
Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by sexylassie2(f): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^He is INNOCENT LEGALLY until proven guilty in court!

Read the news again to understand the law.

Mr woodberry has been found quilty on 8 counts of fraud.

The case that was dismissed is a complaint by a company.

The 8 counts of fraud still stands and he will be charged for that.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Woodberry Fraud Case In US by sexylassie2(f): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
litigator:

I am not surprised. The evidence was obtained without probable cause. They will rather cut them a deal than let then go free. Smart deal.

But let's see what happens. You must follow the due process of law. You cannot break the law to enforce the law in countries where laws are working and the rule of law is supreme. Hushpupi will likely get the same treatment, if the same criminal laws applies.

They are both going to jail

Woodberry 8 counts of fraud is still alive and he has been indicted for those charges by the jury.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests / Lady Killed In Ekpoma, Edo. Her Breasts Removed & Her Vagina Burnt (Graphic Pics / How Abuja Yahoo Boy Slept With Me For 8 Days, Stole My N1.3m – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.