Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,496 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? (675 Views)

When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why / Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Deepocean(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
Let me go straight to the point.

My daddy is good when it comes to financial fatherly responsibility but lacks fatherly pampering and caring towards the children and wife.

This issue of returning home without first greeting those people at home annoys me a lot.

Whenever he is returning from town he would just enter like that, not greeting anyone with the expectation of we the children and our mummy to first greet him even if we are not aware that he has arrived.

What happened today annoyed me so much, he came in some minutes to 8 this night from the town, I came home from my base a few weeks back to do some things at home but Covid couldn't let me return as planned, I have been ill for the past three days and I am the only one with my mummy, mummy has been doing all the house chores alone since when I was ill.

As daddy got home I was expecting him to at least check on me in my room to greet me for being ill, but he didn't, although I wasn't that concerned about that because I knew him already, and besides I don't get too emotional with things like that.

But, I was emotional and concerned with my mummy, she has been the only one doing all the domestic works at home since all these days. I could not help her, hence, she got tired this evening and had to sent someone in the neighborhood to buy her analgesic to relieve her pains.

She was also resting in her room when daddy came in, my daddy could not just check on anyone even when he didn't see anyone while entering and could not see anyone in the sitting room, of him knowing fully well that I would be inside my room all he was saying was why didn't they switch on the lamp that the house was dark.

I was really annoyed hearing that from him, his food had been ditched already on the table in the sitting room, all he did was just to eat and went to bed.

Honestly speaking I am very angry with him, and this is someone that everyone will be running up and down at any slightest illness of his.

What is too special there for a father to enter and just greet everyone at home?

Is this character a pride or what's can it be called?
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Bola146(f): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
grin He I not proud, he just not the caring father. Almost 70% fathers are not caring at all. Don't be angry, be praying for him

1 Like

Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by SUPERPACK: 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
Deepocean:

My daddy is good when it comes to financial fatherly responsibility but lacks fatherly pampering and caring towards the children and wife.

This issue of returning home without first greeting those people at home annoys me a lot.

Whenever he is returning from town he would just enter like that, not greeting anyone with the expectation of we the children and our mummy to first greet him even if we are not aware that he has arrived.

What happened today annoyed me so much, he came in some minutes to 8 this night from the town, I came home from my base a few weeks back to do some things at home but Covid couldn't let me return as planned, I have been ill for the past three days and I am the only one with my mummy, mummy has been doing all the house chores alone since when I was ill.

As daddy got home I was expecting him to at least check on me in my room to greet me for being ill, but he didn't, although I wasn't that concerned about that because I knew him already, and besides I don't get too emotional with things like that.

But, I was emotional and concerned with my mummy, she has been the only one doing all the domestic works at home since all these days. I could not help her, hence, she got tired this evening and had to sent someone in the neighborhood to buy her analgesic to relieve her pains.

She was also resting in her room when daddy came in, my daddy could not just check on anyone even when he didn't see anyone while entering and could not see anyone in the sitting room, of him knowing fully well that I would be inside my room all he was saying was why didn't they switch on the lamp that the house was dark.

I was really annoyed hearing that from him, his food had been ditched already on the table in the sitting room, all he did was just to eat and went to bed.

Honestly speaking I am very angry with him, and this is someone that everyone will be running up and down at any slightest illness of his.

What is too special there for a father to enter and just greet everyone at home?

His house, his rules.
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by sylve11: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
You can not eat your cake and have it. cool
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Deepocean(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
SUPERPACK:
His house, his rules.
What of other fathers of opposite character?
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Swissheart(f): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
I don't think this is pride. I'll rather say it is just who he is and your dad is not a kid that you guys can start correcting, teaching how to do this pr that. He is an adult.

He is not starting it newly, he has always been like that. The only reason you want to contend it is because you are also growing into an adult and you do not need him (financially,emotionally) as much as you used to.

Let him be pls. Take care of your mom and care for your dad too. If you must talk about it, be calm and polite. You are angry already, so don't talk now.

Fathers ehn, you can't understand them. His mind is probably on too many things at the same time that he can't even remember an adult lying on the bed claiming to be ill.

My dad is a loving father who once sold his shares to pay school fees but you know....... my dad will request for his food, eat it, relax after eating before asking if i have eaten cool. Whenever we jokingly talk about it, he'll say " I am sorry jor, my mind was not there. Then, we move

3 Likes

Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Auladimeji(m): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Go and ask those that don't have father,they'll prefer your father
Until you grow old and walks in his shoes for miles,you no go understand.
You sit down for house, make your papa dey do good morning for you,your mum and your siblings
Stuuuupiddd child
Truth to God,you no get senseeeee

3 Likes

Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by HomerTimpson: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Man up and talk to him,he may show some african dad thing but he will surely think it over when he's alone
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Righteousness89(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
It's an Attitude! And it's not a good one!

Growing up, I had a Friend whose dad had Similar issues. The Man Never ever smiled! His face talks to us! He did not even need to talk!
To our Suprise, a day came and we saw his wife Give Him Pepper soup! That was the First time I saw him Smile!

I Believe your Mum who have lived with Him should be able to tell you more about that!

But I believe there is Nothing Prayers cannot do!

Maybe you have not seen it as a Prayer Request!

Talk to God about it! Ask Him to Change your Father!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Deepocean(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Swissheart:
I don't think this is pride. I'll rather say it is just who he is and your dad is not a kid that you guys can start correcting, teaching how to do this pr that. He is an adult.

He is not starting it newly, he has always been like that. The only reason you want to contend it is because you are also growing into an adult and you do not need him (financially,emotionally) as much as you used to.

Let him be pls. Take care of your mom and care for your dad too. If you must talk about it, be calm and polite. You are angry already, so don't talk now.

Fathers ehn, you can't understand them. His mind is probably on too many things at the same time that he can't even remember an adult lying on the bed claiming to be ill.

My dad is a loving father who once sold his shares to pay school fees but you know....... my dad will request for his food, eat it, relax after eating before asking if i have eaten cool. Whenever we jokingly talk about it, he'll say " I am sorry jor, my mind was not there. Then, we move

Thanks for this nice words put together. I appreciate your understanding.
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Deepocean(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Auladimeji:
Go and ask those that don't have father,they'll prefer your father
Until you grow old and walks in his shoes for miles,you no go understand.
You sit down for house, make your papa dey do good morning for you,your mum and your siblings
Stuuuupiddd child
Truth to God,you no get senseeeee

Actually I wasn't saying he should come and be saying good morning to us, at least you coming from outside saying "Eku Ile O" as the yoruba people will greet those already at home seems not to be too much.
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Deepocean(m): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
It's an Attitude! And it's not a good one!

Growing up, I had a Friend whose dad had Similar issues. The Man Never ever smiled! His face talks to us! He did not even need to talk!
To our Suprise, a day came and we saw his wife Give Him Pepper soup! That was the First time I saw him Smile!

I Believe your Mum who have lived with Him should be able to tell you more about that!

But I believe there is Nothing Prayers cannot do!

Maybe you have not seen it as a Prayer Request!

Talk to God about it! Ask Him to Change your Father!

Thanks, I will do the prayer part, but talking to him about that seems not possible, I flow with my mum in discussion not with my dad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by Deepocean(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
sylve11:
You can not eat your cake and have it. cool

Please I don't really understand, can you elaborate on this statement as regards to my post? Thanks.
Re: Can We Say Our Daddy Is Proud? by space9880: 10:50pm On May 25, 2022
Deepocean:

Your dad may be going through hell at work

(1) (Reply)

Paternity Scandal: Shina Peters Vowed To Take Care Of Funmi Martins Son / Please, This Woman Life Is In Danger, She Needs Your Help. / Please Help A Soul And My Family...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.