Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why (72613 Views)

Don't Marry If U Don't Have A Job And Don't Marry A Liability. / Most Men Wouldn't Marry If They Understood Women Well / Do Not Marry If You Do Not Have A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
A man has planned to run away from his wife and baby after he was seen pricing baby food and diaper and started sweating inside AC after he discovered the prices.

He called his family members right away blaming them for forcing him to marry, that now he's the one facing the heat and none of them is here to help him out.

Now check out the phone the man is using, not up to 4k. Check out his shirt and trousers.. is that the person you think can afford that kind of food? I'm not trying to degrade him. I'm just trying to say, make sure you can comfortably cater for yourself and one more person before going into marriage. This is exactly what the so many men who abandoned their family passed through before deciding to take to their heels.

Marriage is a beautiful thing. let's stop making it look scary and undesirable with our myopic approach. Do it when the time is right not for public commendation or validation cos when you start facing the heat, non of those people cheering you on will come and help you like the man rightly said.

90 Likes 17 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by slimjohn2k5: 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Na him go supermarket na

326 Likes 17 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Wawelexy(m): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nowadays one can't even differentiate between reality and a comedy skit. But anyone it is, this is hilarious...

Marriage no be beans, I respect those who are married and taking good care of their family, even as a single guy, the heat is being felt from afar...

I don't clear my babe, there's nothing like wedding until my aza reads the late 7 figures. No pressure at all cool

249 Likes 14 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Na him go supermarket na

Where him for go? The place wey dem go package industrial powder milk inside komkom give am say na baby food?
Everywhere na almost the same price.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Optimum2023: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2023
Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Bliss62: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
Is the wife allergic to working?! Or even if she is on merternity leave she doesn't have any savings or income not even business

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by slimjohn2k5: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Where him for go? The place wey dem go package industrial powder milk inside komkom give am say na baby food?
Everywhere na the same

So if everywhere na the same y go to supermarket that will be morebexpensive

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Wawelexy(m): 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2023
Bliss62:
Is the wife allergic to working?! Or even if she is on merternity leave she doesn't have any savings or income not even business

Do you know if he was the one who exhausted the wife's savings? Forget the internet picture about women, some are very supportive when you show them love, they don't mind giving you their last dime provided you do not pose as a threat to them either by cheating or maltreating them.

166 Likes 16 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Bliss62: 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wawelexy:

You know if he's the one who exhausted the wife's savings?

Except for that .

Building a home is for two people not one

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by 4KNGOATS(m): 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
aswear ehn this economy is making Nigerians mentally retarded
Jewessgratitud3:
A man has planned to run away from his wife and baby after he was seen pricing baby food

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
Does one person make up marriage?

If you think all the Hollywood paradise in your head will come to pass think twice.

Marriage is not about the man it's about two people coming together to work , work in bold letters in order to create the next smallest unit of the society to ensure societal sustainability.

If you still think marriage is about men, you may be shocked to remain in that delays mindset decades to come. What stops you from planning for marriage just as men plan? You are looking for some body's son to come sweep your feet... grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
slimjohn2k5:

So if everywhere na the same y go to supermarket that will be morebexpensive
that's what I'm telling you that everywhere both local market and supermarket are costly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:
Does one person make up marriage?

If you think all the Hollywood paradise in your head will come to pass think twice.

Marriage is not about the man it's about two people coming together to work , work in bold letters in order to create the next smallest unit of the society to ensure societal sustainability.

If you still think marriage is about men, you may be shocked to remain in that delays mindset decades to come. What stops you from planning for marriage just as men plan? You are looking for some body's son to come sweep your feet... grin

Ehn.. who did you see sweating in the shop now? The woman? Dey play.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by psucc(m): 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Na by force to use baby food? Why not use the Akamu (yellow or regular), grind crayfish to blend. Then the mother will breastfeed the child well to supplement for the rest needed vitamins.

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Nazgul: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Last time I checked, akamu is still very affordable. undecided

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
psucc:
Na by force to use baby food? Why not use the Akamu (yellow or regular), grind crayfish to blend. Then the mother will breastfeed the child well to supplement for the rest needed vitamins.

Na akamu come cheap? You know how much a painter of corn is now Plus all the orisirisi you'll add? Nothing comes cheap these days

Diapers nkor?

Nazgul:
Last time I checked, akamu is still very affordable. undecided

You think akamu for babies is those plane non nutritious ones they sell around? Their pap is specially prepared. Tom brown quality, very expensive.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by YouandiAllofus: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
After running away, will he stay single for the rest of his life without family?
Why do people work? Isn't so they can make money and take care of themselves and family?

Someone can be rich before marriage and become poor in marriage
Others can be poor before marriage and became rich in marriage.

"For better, for worse." But yet some people still don't understand this simple phrase.
When they say marriage is not for kids in adult body, this is exactly what they ment.
The worse form of poverty is actually mental poverty.
If he can be creative and industrious, there's actually alot of things he can do to generate income so as to meet the needs of his family.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by ecolime(m): 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Why hinsef dey price SMA? Shoe get Size na

14 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
ecolime:
Why hinsef dey price SMA? Shie get Size na

LoL..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wawelexy:
Nowadays one can't even differentiate between reality and a comedy skit. But anyone it is, this is hilarious...

Marriage no be beans, I respect those who are married and taking good care of their family, even as a single guy, the heat is being felt from afar...

I don't clear my babe, there's nothing like wedding until my aza reads the late 7 figures. No pressure at all cool

This is the average Nigerian man's reality skit or no skit. They force you into marriage and leave you to face it all by yourself.

Shey your babe go com dey wait for you? Na to marry man wey don set now. Hian!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by SIXTEENTH(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Na him go supermarket

Jewessgratitud3
Everywhere na the same

The prices ain't the same, where I'm from there are 3 market places separately, first and second market prices of commodity defers from the 3rd market respectful.
Emerging first market are selling egusi 2 cups for 700 without grinding it for you but the 3rd market sold egusi 2cups for 500 with grinding included.

Last month a Chinese national send me to help and buy him a shaving stick using my money but will be reimbursed back once he got better (admitted for surgical appendicitis) so I got into a supermarket and pick 2 shaving stick, I now call the attention of the staff there which she confirmed the prices using their PC.

Guess the prices, one goes for 4k while the other one goes 9k like say na clipper I want buy.
Last last I returned back to a small kiosk adjacent the hospital and got one for 200

The man should even be thankful he got only a child to chartered for, unlike me whom God blesses with twins just last month, so how man will cope in this hardest mode?
So we grind harder or die trying

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Justkatty(f): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
psucc:

Not all babies will accept to eat that.
E.g my daughter, most times I spend nothing less than 25k in a month just for her food alone. She takes home made food, but just little of which it won't satisfy her...
It's not very easy , but God has been faithful.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
[

Jewessgratitud3
Everywhere na the same

The prices ain't the same, where I'm from there are 3 market places separately, first and second market prices of commodity defers from the 3rd market respectful.
Emerging first market are selling egusi 2 cups for 700 without grinding it for you but the 3rd market sold egusi 2cups for 500 with grinding included.

Last month a Chinese national send me to help and buy him a shaving stick using my money but will be reimbursed back once he got better (admitted for surgical appendicitis) so I got into a supermarket and pick 2 shaving stick, I now call the attention of the staff there which she confirmed the prices using their PC.

Guess the prices, one goes for 4k while the other one goes 9k like say na clipper I want buy.

I'm not saying there's no price competition in the market but the difference these days is not much. So it will even be better to just add the little difference and get the one with a higher quality.
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Justkatty(f): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
ecolime:
Why hinsef dey price SMA? Shoe get Size na
Even the regular cerelac and friso gold, the smallest are nothing less than 4k now and you know it finishes in less than 5days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Justkatty(f): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
The country itself is not even smiling.

9 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by ecolime(m): 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Justkatty:
Even the regular cerelac and friso gold, the smallest are nothing less than 4k now and you know it finishes in less than 5days.
You are right.

I am a regular buyer so I know.

3 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ehn.. who did you see sweating in the shop now? The woman? Dey play.

You will learn a bitter lessen when the man reached his elastic limit and abandon ship. Continue grin

13 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Evolutionism: 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
Lol Advising Logwoodsgrin
Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Evolutionism: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2023
Wawelexy:

I don't clear my babe, there's nothing like wedding until my aza reads the late 7 figures. No pressure at all.

Well to burst your bubble.

No be only you she get.

If the other suitors dey ready tomorrow. Sope Otilor.

As my former babe like me reach then, Wey she be wan die for my neck when i told her i wasn't ready. She cried and cried and did all manner of crazy stunts so i could change my decision but i stood my ground.

The year never reach ending when i see her wedding pishuresgrin

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Olawade24: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
psucc:

Oga you really sabi survive for sapa economy, you hereby carry the award of SAP (Structural adjustment program). If you were here during the time of obj you must know SAP. grin

18 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by Jewessgratitud3: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

You will learn a bitter lessen when the man reached his elastic limit and abandon ship. Continue grin

You are now coming to my side of the argument. The man will end up abandoning his family because hes not financially capable.

Men, please double your hustle to meet up with family demands because the bulk is on you.

3 Likes

Re: When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why by psucc(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
Olawade24:

Oga you really sabi survive for sapa economy, you hereby carry the award of SAP (Structural adjustment program). If you were here during the time of obj you must know SAP. grin
SAP not Obj but IBB regime policy. That's the beginning of the end to the giant of Africa.

It's survival practice! The government is choking the poor to death. You can adjust to survive it.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. / Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?! / Wife Calls Husband's Side Chick On The Phone. See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.