Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. (8624 Views)

12 Crazy Amazing Facts About The Clitoris / 7 Amazing Facts About Your Manhood You Probably Didn’t Know / 12 Amazing Facts About Breasts That Will Make You Love Them Even More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by illicit(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!
Can snail, earthworm, millipede, etc, jump?
Or, they're not animals, bt plants?
I think the OP meant mammals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Kyngfarabale1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
dukeprince50:
I don't know the third one, lemme add a few.
1)the colour u see wen u close ur eyes isn't black, its Eigengrau
2. ur body is weakest around 3:00am and 4:00 am, this is the time most people die in their sleep.
3. ur brain forgets 81% of what u learn a day.
4.Swan only has one partner in their life, if the partner dies, they could die of broken heart.
5. when a female fox dies, her partner will remain single for ever but if a male fox dies, the female looks for another mate almost immediately (women will always be women)
number 5 ....so that they can continue increasing their clan...... the more they are the more they're safe
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Kyngfarabale1(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
rasheylaw:
9. You're born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206!

because u don't support ursef wit ur hand again....... unlike when you're still a baby
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by FullBlastLight: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:

I think the OP meant mammals

Oh, dt sounds incontrovertible already!
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by rasheylaw(m): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:

You could have said mammals because there are other animals that can't jump
Thanks corrected

1 Like

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Blackpearlous(f): 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

grin

Lol I swear I don't understand
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by illicit(m): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Lol I swear I don't understand
Google the fear of Friday the 13th
for real that's what it's called
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Blackpearlous(f): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:

Google the fear of Friday the 13th

for real that's what it's called

Seen it, it's official humans are weird. A day I don't even know existed.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by illicit(m): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Seen it, it's official humans are weird. A day I don't even know existed.

Thanks

lol people have varieties of fears, some even have have fear of falling asleep, can u imagine
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Blackpearlous(f): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:

lol people have varieties of fears, some even have have fear of falling asleep, can u imagine

Looool. Just checked that out. Somniphobia.. I cant even imagine. I will start looking for weird fears now, fear of breathing or fear of looking at the ground.

1 Like

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by illicit(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Looool. Just checked that out. Somniphobia.. I cant even imagine. I will start looking for weird fears now, fear of breathing or fear of looking at the ground.

fear dey o.
even fear get fear lol
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Blackpearlous(f): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
grin

illicit:

fear dey o.
even fear get fear lol
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
rasheylaw:

One of the amazing facts you never knew exist, check this out.

1.The longest word in the English language is

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses!

The word, itself, is the name of a disease which affects the respiratory system- particularly the lungs.

You could get it by standing close to an active volcano without covering your nose properly.

As you can see, it is a portmanteau word of sorts. To get the meaning, you just have to break it down to discernible pieces.

Pneumono- ultra- microscopic- silico- volcanoconioses.

So, it's as good as you inhaling silica particles from a spewing volcano and- voila, your doctor is gonna go:

" you have pneumonoultra-yada-yada yada."

4 Likes

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by articulateboss: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!

He said mammals
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by rasheylaw(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2020
mansakhalifa:

The word, itself, is the name of a disease which affects the respiratory system- particularly the lungs.

You could get it by standing close to an active volcano without covering your nose properly.

As you can see, it is a portmanteau word of sorts. To get the meaning, you just have to break it down to discernible pieces.

Pneumono- ultra- microscopic- silico- volcanoconioses.

So, it's as good as you inhaling silica particles from a spewing volcano and- voila, your doctor is gonna go:

" you have pneumonoultra-yada-yada yada."
cool
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Techm8: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
No: 18 facts
You can get a hotdog from ShopRite for N150

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Ntigha: 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!

Only "MAMMALS" not "animals" that can't jump
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by engrchykae(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!

mammals are animals that breastfeed their young,
Now do earthworm, millipedes,snail breastfeed their young?
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
This thread is front page worthy
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by jonsnow12(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wow!
Wow!!!

I have definitely learnt some new things here.
Thanks, OP.
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by nurain150(m): 11:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!

Finally this guy has killed me...art student oya Waka commit...
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Bisshop123(f): 12:04am On Jul 25, 2020
rasheylaw:
14. You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping!

Na y people dey die well well for sleep cuz dem no fit smell smoke abi perceive smoke
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Etinosa1234: 1:57am On Jul 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
I don't know the third one, lemme add a few.
1)the colour u see wen u close ur eyes isn't black, its Eigengrau
2. ur body is weakest around 3:00am and 4:00 am, this is the time most people die in their sleep.
3. ur brain forgets 81% of what u learn a day.
4.Swan only has one partner in their life, if the partner dies, they could die of broken heart.
5. when a female fox dies, her partner will remain single for ever but if a male fox dies, the female looks for another mate almost immediately (women will always be women)

81%

No wonder programming hard
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by dukeprince50: 3:13am On Jul 25, 2020
engrchykae:
the op said animals, he later changed it to mammal
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by FullBlastLight: 6:51am On Jul 25, 2020
engrchykae:

It's now dt u're setting it right!

Initially, u actually said elephants are d only ANIMALS dt can't jump!

So, I thought out of d box 2 reason dt wil such animals as snails, earthworms, etc, jump too?

Wharram tryna say is dt, if u had said elephants are d only MAMMALS dt can't jump, it wld hv been too apt & flawless 2 be controvertible!

Meanwhile, nice one frm u there!
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by extol1(m): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!
he said only mammal, oga lawyer
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by FullBlastLight: 7:12am On Jul 25, 2020
extol1:

he said only mammal, oga lawyer

Perhaps he meant 2 say MAMMAL, bt rather he said ANIMAL wich makes it objectionable!

See his comment below:

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by ceeceeuwa: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!

Read again. He said mammals.
Oh! He modified it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by extol1(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Perhaps he meant 2 say MAMMAL, bt rather he said ANIMAL wich makes it objectionable!

See his comment below:

I am really sorry, I didn't know that he used the word animal before changing it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by phemmyfour: 9:07am On Jul 25, 2020
rasheylaw:
8.Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a 'Friday the 13th'.

And how is this a discovery? I can as well say that "it ll have "Thur the 12th"

Stop seeing 13th of Fridays as evil days
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Jerryolumide(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Objection my lord!

He said *mammals*
No dey disgrace your family online na
Re: 17 Amazing Facts You Never Knew Exist. by Abuventure: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2020
illicit:

You could have said mammals because there are other animals that can't jump
what of Rhinoceros?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We sex 10 times still she want more pls help PHOTOS / Are Igbo Girls The Most Beautiful In 9ja? / A Gorilla Caught On Camera Giving Head To His Partner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.