Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Remote Work Is Not The Key, It Is Hard For Women - Barrister Moe - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Remote Work Is Not The Key, It Is Hard For Women - Barrister Moe (185 Views)

Jessikah Inaba Becomes UK's First Blind Black Barrister (Photos) / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remote Work Is Not The Key, It Is Hard For Women - Barrister Moe by trendysturvs(f): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
A Nigerian Barrister Moe has said that Remote work is not the key and not the way to go because it puts so much pressure on women because there is no closing time.

She wrote:

Remote work is not the key. The key is flexible working hours. Remote work is hard! Especially for many women. Let’s not turn this “new normal” into a permanent situation because the careers of many women will suffer for it.

Her reason is because the women have to combine house chores along with work and this is very stressful for them and hope the pandemic would end soon and activities go back to normal.

She asked that remote work should have closing hours and employers should understand that and not stress their workers round the clock for them to be effective.

The truth is that until an effective vaccine against COVID-19 is developed and available worldwide , REMOTE OR VIRTUAL WORKING is the REALITY for many people irrespective of gender

If you also live in Lagos like me, you would appreciate the fact that you don't have to spend almost a quarter of your day in traffic. Remote working must not stop, lol! It is favorable for me even as a working mum.
You can also see reactions to her post below

What are your thoughts on remote working?

Source: https://tsbnews.com/2020/07/remote-work-is-not-the-key-it-is-hard-for-women-barrister-moe-bbnaija-emmanuella/

Re: Remote Work Is Not The Key, It Is Hard For Women - Barrister Moe by CARLOSZ: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
One man's food is another mans poison.
Some people prefer Woking in the field than in the office.
Re: Remote Work Is Not The Key, It Is Hard For Women - Barrister Moe by Employmenthub(f): 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
Remote work have it's good and bad. Working round the clock is one of the downsides but the it helps reduce stress of going to the office, transportation, and time. Remote working is the new normal and it has come to stay whether we like it or not

Tough Time Never Last, But Tough People Do!!

Times are tough, things are hard, economic slump, global financial meltdown, political crisis, pandemic, social restrictions, the list is long... Wait!! Don't give up on that dream.

Keep dreaming, work hard and smart on your feet, the future is yours to take. The sky is big enough for all. This time will pass, surely!

If your fail! Redirect your focus and try again!! Failure is not rejection, its redirection.

Celebrate small wins, focus on the positive side of everything, believe in yourself and stay awake dreaming

Beloved job seekers, Believe! The dream job will come, stand on your feet and get busy, learn a skill, learn a trade, if you are a career person! Dont force yourself on a trade, learn every technical and soft skill you need to excel in that career. Connect with professionals in your field, ask questions and advertise yourself.
Keep learning and keep praying.

Ensure you create a top notch CV that would sell you to potential employers. Please text Check my signature for my number

You either succeed or you excel.... Failure is not an option.

Have a blessed weekend.
Miriam.

#globalhr #pandemic #hrcommunity #jobseekersupport #recruitment #recruiter #

(1) (Reply)

How Compromised Voter’s Register, Flawed E-voting Process For NBA 2020 Poll / Make Money Even While In Your Pyjamas / Udemy Courses With E-books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.