Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Preaching Etiquette As A Guest Speaker - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching Etiquette As A Guest Speaker (197 Views)

Preaching Etiquette / Church Banner With Archbishop Benson Idahosa As Guest Speaker Causes Stir / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Preaching Etiquette As A Guest Speaker by seyi360(m): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2020
1. As a guest speaker you need to do a little investigation about your host denomination. Familiarize yourself with their doctrines, idiosyncrasies, methods and proclivities.
Go a bit further to know the current mood in the particular congregation. This will guide you to manage your emotions and predict the reception you are likely to get.
For instance , a church who just had a burial activity can't be expected to respond promptly to your calls.

2. A guest speaker who decides to swerve from the topic given him into other areas is being rebellious to the host minister. Hence the need to have a note to guide you in your delivery. A guest speaker who is expected to speak on leadership should not speak on divine healing .

3. Raising funds as a guest speaker without obtaining the permission of your host before the meeting is regarded as an Ecclesiastical illegality. Your host must be in the know of whatever you intend to do with his microphone.
Try as much as possible to stay within the purview of the authority given to you. Attempt to impress your host by raising funds may boomerang.
I've heard guest ministers say " though my host Pastor doesn't know about this fund raising, I'm led to do it"

4 .It is not within your space to correct what you consider a doctrinal error in your host church .
That's why you should have done your homework on the host denomination . If you're not comfortable with their doctrinal stand, kindly turn down the speaking offer rather than making a mess of their doctrines on their platform. It is uncalled for.

5 Try as much as possible to stay within the stipulated time given to you. If possible, conclude your message before your time elapses.

Hope this helps
Re: Preaching Etiquette As A Guest Speaker by ugohdignity111(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
Guys..... please, save a soul before hunger finishes my life.cry[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Preaching Etiquette As A Guest Speaker by seyi360(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
ugohdignity111:
Guys..... please, save a soul before hunger finishes my life.cry[color=#000000][/color]

Please don't derail this thread

(1) (Reply)

How TB Joshua Healed Me From Bedwetting - Medical Doctor / Holiness Made Simple / You Are A Bastard, I Will Kill You ” –pastor Lbiyeomie Blast Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.