Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,323 members, 7,867,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? (867 Views)

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? / I Lost My Virginity To My First Love At 24, But Now I Wanna Try Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2011
I have this friend of mine who would be 24 this year and wants to get married this year.

He is financially okay. He's got two cars, a 2 bedroom flat and he runs two businesses. He's one of those lucky, young self-made millionaires around. He says he likes to do things in two's and it doesn't make any sense for him to remain single by the end of this year. So he wants to tie the knot with the Angel of his life.

He's God-fearing; and he thinks getting married would make him more focused, more productive and more responsible.

The issue is, we are both sure his parents would not buy the idea. They think he's too small for that. We were together at his family house when his mom was yelling at his uncle(her brother) becos he wanted to marry at a tender age of 30 and to a Warri chic.(They wanted him to marry from another tribe or wait till he's more matured).

He said if they could have issues with a 30 year old man who wanted to get married, how much more a 24 year old man? Presently, we are looking for ways to convince his parents and he hasn't told them yet.

Nairalanders, what thinkest ye? Please do send your candid and positive opinions on the subject matter.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Dyt(f): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2011
Well me thinks he s gd 2 go
he s got all d potentials na
bt is he matured enuf?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Dsense(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
OP.
There is nothing wrong in getting married at age of 24 ,since he's  mature.
You might be a 30 yrs old but still not eligible for marriage cause of your immature ,
If the guy is a mature guy,what's wrong in getting married then?
Well this depends on his parents . . .They ll have to decide for him on this . .If he's really looking their blessing.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Woke4all(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2011
Why won't his parents buy the idea? Does he still lives with them?

@ 24 i think he's even overdue so tell him to go ahead.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by gbanikiti(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2011
24yrs is far too young. He's nt yet matured. Being a husband @ 24 is nt bad bt being a father @25 is somehw, think abt it.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Dsense(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
^^Chaii . . , Nawaohh . . .So you expect him to have gotten married at age of 20 yrs.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by tyoseni(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
hmmmmm, marrying at 24? U've said it all that his parent will disagreed out rightly. But my candid advise is that marriage is a thing of the mind if u want it u should be given. As ur friend want it now, he should be given the opportunity to go ahead with it. I got married at the age of 27 here in Nigeria. But with the support of my family. I was given the total support to go ahead.

If ur friend want it he should go ahead.

wish u d best.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by deniyor: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2011
Nothing wrong with it. He should tell his parents
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by MrCork17: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2011
24?  Bro u be stuck with only ONE punnny for life!  angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by medjai(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2011
Absolutely nothing wrong
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Woke4all(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

24?  Bro u be stuck with only ONE punnny for life!  angry
Cork i agree with you on this one grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
LOL the guy sounds alot like myself.
He needs to be careful though. Warri girls get better crase.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Pweety4me(f): 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
@OP We'll he needs 2 look @ the reasons why he wants to get married?

The same way he is saying why the wait? we are saying y the hurry? he still has a long way to go in life, he need not be stranded. . .lol
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by MMM2(m): 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2011
marry at de age of 24 is not dat bad people marry at de age of 18 dis days.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by r231(m): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2011
i think it depends on how old the girl he wants to marry is
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying At 24 For A Guy? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2011
He better not marry a 19 year old girl.

They never get sense yet  shocked

(1) (Reply)

>> Pls Advice / 10 Main 2 Make A Man Go Nut: / What Type Of Life Is This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.