Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

On Feminisms And Equal Pay - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Feminisms And Equal Pay (486 Views)

Your BrĀ£ast Are Not Equal, Man Blast Nigerian Lady That Want To Go For #BBNAIJA. / Can Nigeria Recognize Men And Women As Equal? / Feminism, Egg Freezing, Egg Growing, Equal Pay, And Rest Of Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
I've actually got a lot to say about the fake feminists on rampage these days, looking out for the benefits but and none of the responsibilities that come with true gender equality, but I won't. I think it pretty much speaks for itself. I just made this thread cos of a conversation I had with a nairalander who kept pointing out that women need to be "empowered" in business because it has been dominated by men for so long.
I saw this post on Facebook. Women literally have the power to make female athletes higher paid than men, guess what? THEY DON'T. Rather moan and cry about how much men earn, because at the end of the day, modern day feminists are all about getting what they do not deserve, simply because "men get it too".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 26, 2020
crownedrookie:
I've actually got a lot to say about the fake feminists on rampage these days, looking out for the benefits but and none of the responsibilities that come with true gender equality, but I won't. I think it pretty much speaks for itself. I just made this thread cos of a conversation I had with a nairalander who kept pointing out that women need to be "empowered" in business because it has been dominated by men for so long.
I saw this post on Facebook. Women literally have the power to make female athletes higher paid than men, guess what? THEY DON'T. Rather moan and cry about how much men earn, because at the end of the day, modern day feminists are all about getting what they do not deserve, simply because "men get it too".
senseless post
Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Akanoaaa(m): 1:19am On Jul 26, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
senseless post

It's not actually senseless, but try to use your sense (if have) and read it again, then you will understand what the op is trying to say. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2020
Akanoaaa:

It's not actually senseless, but try to use your sense (if have) and read it again, then you will understand what the op is trying to say. Happy Sunday.
Lol. Not all caliber of people on nairaland deserve to be replied. The hungry animal should first figure out how to escape poverty then come analyze my posts

5 Likes

Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by catwalq(f): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2020
I always tell people that gender equality can never be but I get stares as if I have horns especially from the females. Men and women can never be equal in many ways, If you want to be equal with a man then you need to put in the same amount of work.

Example, if a male and a female employees are working the woman shouldn't be excused because she is pregnant, no matter how far gone if the dictates of "gender equality" should be followed. A woman shouldn't be excused if she is having cramps or just gave birth. The man shouldn't even be blamed for it because at the end of the day both of them get the same pay and recognition so they both should put in the same amount of work.

We shouldn't desire gender equality while eyeing the benefits of chivalry - chivalry because patriarchy has its limitations

Instead of gender equality, I subscribe to gender equity... That's plausible and makes more sense. Every gender comes with roles ( salient or otherwise) and should be followed and respected by the other instead of using it as a tool to demean, abuse or count score with the other.

Enough of the battle of sexes already, it's old school angry grin

4 Likes

Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Degrezhaa: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2020
Interesting
Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Martinez39s(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
The gender wage gap that feminists keep crying about is a myth. Only beta simps/white knights will fall for it and give women more money and jobs, even at the expense of more competent men, merely just to appease them.

2 Likes

Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by hashtagged(m): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
The simple reason is cause female sports are booring, like extreemely booring.
Re: On Feminisms And Equal Pay by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 27, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
I like the WNBA and have watched a few games and yes, the pay discrepancy between the NBA and WNBA is alarming. Female empowerment groups could probably do more to support the WNBA and help market it better but truth be told there's only so much they can do. The NBA is already quite established with both male and female fans worldwide; the players have more charisma and personality; the players have more skills and talent (faster paced, dunks, yearly all-star games, etc); then there're corporate sponsorships and TV ads that they get compared to the ladies in the WNBA. Really, a lot has to change to bridge the gap.
Like what? Men have to perform at less than their capacity so women who are their equals can catch up?

(1) (Reply)

Man Tries Forcing Ring Into Woman's Hand After She Rejects His Proposal. VIDEO / Girl Of 12 Yrs Forcefully Given To 37yrs Old Man For Marriage / Help! I Am Depressed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.