Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You (25095 Views)

8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From The Destroyer / 8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From the Destroyer / Things You Never Thought God Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2020
Does God put pressure on us? It's more often satan that does that.

God's voice is the first and gentle voice that tells you what to do.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Anointedvik: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
God only speaks to us through the Bible which is his word and the mind of Christ any other thing is guess work
You are wrong bro,even before the Bible was written God spoke to people like Adam,Abraham,Isaac,Jacob,Moses and many others,so what means did He use?
swallow your knowledge and learn thats wisdom bro.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by professore(m): 10:28am On Jul 26, 2020
Nice
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Anointedvik: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
God only speaks to us through the Bible which is his word and the mind of Christ any other thing is guess work
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Talkcentral: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2020
Glory to the Most High.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Seebrian(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2020
It is real, God still speaks to his children. John 10:27
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
Nah aunty. The spirit of God talks to those who posses it. The fact it does not happen to you does not mean it ain't reality
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Nairalandmonika: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2020
Jestin:
Our ancestors have a stronger faith and could easily hear from God. The youth of this days doubt a lot and have little or no faith in God.
Which ancestors, my ancestors worship umalokun about 500 yr ago b4 Portugal and Britain brought their Christianity.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Nairalandmonika: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2020
Seebrian:
It is real, God still speaks to his children. John 10:27
U guys always give examples from the Bible. Hi e use real modem days examples.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2020
MJBOLT:
god can speak to his followers but cannot show himself to them abi grin clowns
Those traditionalists that hear from the gods have you heard them say they saw the them ? Some of you Nigerians are so ignorant to a fault
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Those traditionalists that hear from the gods have you heard them say they saw the them ? Some of you Nigerians are so ignorant to a fault
No we are realist
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rebuke: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2020
Effulgent:

Go and read (Heb. 1:1-2 ).

Please get yourself updated and get back to me

BTW, why don't you tell me to perform burnt offerings instead of praying in the name of Jesus?

Smiles. Ok bro, let me show you something and this maybe my last reply. I am praying that God will help us understand His world in Jesus name.�.

Kindly read : Acts 2:17

It's a confirmation of Joel 2: 28

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by MightySparrow: 11:27am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
Is it because God is not talking or you have more noise in you (doctrine, bias,unbelief) or you delibrately close your hears and mind not to hear? You call those who hear guess work, how do you convince someone living in the polar region that there no places on earth covered with ice because you don't have similar experience?

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by JourneytoEL(f): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2020
Myer:

Just out of curiosity, can you share an experience where you heard from God and it came to pass or helped you.
I have many experiences, but let me share one, I was in church one day rounding up my personal fasting and prayer for an internship placement and for a fruit of the womb. I just came from the market with a heavy load, as I dropped my offering money my conscience told me to drop every cash I had on me including my transport like every money in my pocket. I hesitated at first wondering if it was from the devil, I was also thinking of how people will laugh at me, a newly married woman trekking that distance with a heavy load, people will say my husband doesn't take care of me, but the pressure on my conscience was much, what if I slump on the road because I was so tired. I finally said, if i perish, I perish. I dropped all the money i had on me, carried my heavy load and started trekking home, I had not trekked up to 10 steps, my neighbour saw me from afar, started calling my name, packed and took me home. That was when I knew it was truly God. The internship list came out 2 weeks later, out of 66 applicants they took 8 and my name was miraculously among. Everyone kept asking me what sort of connection did I use, because the hospital normally takes just 5-6 every year, what happened did I do that the rule was bent this year. That same month I missed my period and to his Glory I had a son 9 months later.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by JourneytoEL(f): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2020
phemmyfour:
You left out the most popular one : Through DREAM
I mentioned it
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Lamasta(m): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
If You want to hear the voice of God carry your bible and read it daily and as You do you start hearing Gid speak to You through his word, dreams, vision and Holy Spirit....
Revelation 3:20 Says behold I stand at the door and knock if you open I will come to you and dine with You...
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by KLand(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Every child of God should learn to hear his voice.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by JourneytoEL(f): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
StevensJojo:
Well written.
I’l add that the most important is through His Word.

Visions , dreams etc are good but always test them against His word. His word is ultimate.
yes, his Word is the ultimate
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by JourneytoEL(f): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Rebuke:

Please, let's devote more of our time to reading the scripture and seeking the help of the Holy Spirit for more understanding.

Just like we are admonished in 2 Timothy 2:15 .

Please, read Job 33:14 - 15 .

Hope yhu will understand from that scripture the various way God speaks to us.

Put read below :
Stay blessed.
wow, what a lovely verse from Job. I didn't even remember it when I wrote the post. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by adewale2011(m): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
You didn't read the part in the Bible that says God is SPIRIT and those that worship him must worship him in Spirit and in Truth...

Church is not where you worship God... God is in us, that's why we are called gods.

True believers worship God from their heart, because God is everywhere and anywhere.

Wise up...

JourneytoEL:
The ability to hear directly from God is one of the greatest achievements any Christian can make on earth. There are 3 types of voices a Christian can hear:
* Voice of flesh(self)
* Voice of the devil
* Voice of God
The goal is to know the voice of God perfectly to recognize the voices of counterfeit, because the devil is a master impersonator. God's words glorify him always, makes you love him the more. God's words can never contradict the Bible. Whenever you hear a voice that contradicts the Word of God know it's from the devil. Very common examples of devil's voices are:
* Go and commit fornication with that church member for more anointing. My grace is sufficient for you.(It is against 1 Cor 6:18)
* Stop attending any church just worship me from your house (God can never tell you to stop attending church services, however he can direct you to another Bible believing Church that will groom you properly). It's against Heb 10:25, Ecc 4:9-11, 1 Thes 5:11.
Etc

How does God speak to us.
Visions and trances
In Acts 10:8, God spoke to Peter through this way and he still does it today. The devil has his own counterfeit. He too can disguise as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14). He mostly uses astral travel and out of the body experiences. (Whenever you see a vision or supernatural encounter watch out if the name of Jesus is mentioned, if you can speak out His name thrice and watch out for reactions).

Our Conscience
That little still voice telling us to good and judging us is the voice of God. His laws are in the hearts of every human being, however disobeying the voice results in a hardened heart that rarely hears God. Prov 20:27 says the Spirit of man is the lamp of God, searching his innermost heart ( conscience).

Divine Ideas
Attimes during prayers, an idea you weren't thinking of can jump into her heart. That is one the ways God speaks to you. He can also put pressure in your heart to perform a good cause.

Others are the directing us to the Scriptures, dreams, directing us to His true messengers(prophets), through sermons, Christian meditation(not yoga).

Share other ways through which you have heard the voice of God.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Effulgent(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Rebuke:

Smiles. Ok bro, let me show you something and this maybe my last reply. I am praying that God will help us understand His world in Jesus name.�.

Kindly read : Acts 2:17

It's a confirmation of Joel 2: 28

I think you should read my first post and understand it first, if you still don't understand what I wrote,then I'll explain it in simpler terms

Seems you are deviating from the main point

I cannor comman argue, it's Sunday wink
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rebuke: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Effulgent:

I think you should read my first post and understand it first, if you still don't understand what I wrote,then I'll explain it in simpler terms

Seems you are deviating from the main point

I cannor comman argue, it's Sunday wink

Smiles. I actually said I won't reply to any mention again on this thread but for the record or by my understanding of yhur stand on God speaking to men through visions, dream etc; �

"Yhu seem not to believe God does speak to men in deverse way".

My reply is to let yhu know that God does. Check the verses I've posted.

Lastly, there are several examples in the bible where God has spoken to men through visions and dream.

If all these still ain't still clear to yhu then it's well.

My prayer is still that God help us to know the truth and live the Holy and true live His only Son died for us to have. Amen.

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rebuke: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
I mean, how can someone claim to be a born again child of God, Holy Ghost filled and don't believe God speaks to us through all the means the Op mentioned?

I am just wondering what's happening to some "Christians".
There are issues or matters that shouldn't even call for too much argument or debate if we are truly committed to reading the Bible and truly seeking the face of Christ.

I always don't like commenting on Christian threads here because many are here just to ridicule the body of Christ and not to seek for true knowledge of Christ.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by odurombi: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:

Really?
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Effulgent(m): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Rebuke:

Smiles. I actually said I won't reply to any mention again on this thread but for the record or by my understanding of yhur stand on God speaking to men through visions, dream etc; �

"Yhu seem not to believe God does speak to men in deverse way".

My reply is to let yhu know that God does. Check the verses I've posted.

Lastly, there are several examples in the bible where God has spoken to men through visions and dream.

If all these still ain't still clear to yhu then it's well.

My prayer is still that God help us to know the truth and live the Holy and true live His only Son died for us to have. Amen.

Amen to that
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Myer(m): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
JourneytoEL:
I have many experiences, but let me share one, I was in church one day rounding up my personal fasting and prayer for an internship placement and for a fruit of the womb. I just came from the market with a heavy load, as I dropped my offering money my conscience told me to drop every cash I had on me including my transport like every money in my pocket. I hesitated at first wondering if it was from the devil, I was also thinking of how people will laugh at me, a newly married woman trekking that distance with a heavy load, people will say my husband doesn't take care of me, but the pressure on my conscience was much, what if I slump on the road because I was so tired. I finally said, if i perish, I perish. I dropped all the money i had on me, carried my heavy load and started trekking home, I had not trekked up to 10 steps, my neighbour saw me from afar, started calling my name, packed and took me home. That was when I knew it was truly God. The internship list came out 2 weeks later, out of 66 applicants they took 8 and my name was miraculously among. Everyone kept asking me what sort of connection did I use, because the hospital normally takes just 5-6 every year, what happened did I do that the rule was bent this year. That same month I missed my period and to his Glory I had a son 9 months later.

Thanks for sharing.
Have you heard from God concerning the present global crises? Especially concerning Covid-19? Is it real or a hoax? If real, is it God's punishment or man-made bio-weapon from China?
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Gilbertkwabena(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
JourneytoEL:
The ability to hear directly from God is one of the greatest achievements any Christian can make on earth. There are 3 types of voices a Christian can hear:
* Voice of flesh(self)
* Voice of the devil
* Voice of God
The goal is to know the voice of God perfectly to recognize the voices of counterfeit, because the devil is a master impersonator. God's words glorify him always, makes you love him the more. God's words can never contradict the Bible. Whenever you hear a voice that contradicts the Word of God know it's from the devil. Very common examples of devil's voices are:
* Go and commit fornication with that church member for more anointing. My grace is sufficient for you.(It is against 1 Cor 6:18)
* Stop attending any church just worship me from your house (God can never tell you to stop attending church services, however he can direct you to another Bible believing Church that will groom you properly). It's against Heb 10:25, Ecc 4:9-11, 1 Thes 5:11.
Etc

How does God speak to us.
Visions and trances
In Acts 10:8, God spoke to Peter through this way and he still does it today. The devil has his own counterfeit. He too can disguise as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14). He mostly uses astral travel and out of the body experiences. (Whenever you see a vision or supernatural encounter watch out if the name of Jesus is mentioned, if you can speak out His name thrice and watch out for reactions).

Our Conscience
That little still voice telling us to good and judging us is the voice of God. His laws are in the hearts of every human being, however disobeying the voice results in a hardened heart that rarely hears God. Prov 20:27 says the Spirit of man is the lamp of God, searching his innermost heart ( conscience).

Divine Ideas
Attimes during prayers, an idea you weren't thinking of can jump into her heart. That is one the ways God speaks to you. He can also put pressure in your heart to perform a good cause.

Others are the directing us to the Scriptures, dreams, directing us to His true messengers(prophets), through sermons, Christian meditation(not yoga).

Share other ways through which you have heard the voice of God.

All that you've mentioned here happens to people who doesn't believe in God so who's communicating with them? Stop deluding yourself, no God anywhere is talking to anyone... Nature already gave us all we need to live, stop waiting on some god to come help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In May / Funke Felix-Adejumo: There Is No Perfect Husband Anywhere, Cover Your Husbands / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.