Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? (1487 Views)

Don't Wanna Lose My Current Relationship / Is It Wrong For A Married Lady To Cook For Her Ex In His House / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by CrazyCrane: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2020
IS IT WRONG TO HAVE PICTURES/VIDEOS OF YOU AND AN EX WHILE WITH A NEW PARTNER?

Please,i would like to read view(s) on this...if it's wrong to still keep memories of you and an ex on your phone,in form of pictures,videos,chats,SMS while in a new relationship. Do you think your new partner would be indifferent to it if they knew? or throw in a tantrum? or it's none of their business?
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by Kriss216: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2020
An EX is an EXample of what you don't need again. So, why keeping memories of what you don't need again?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by Zayttoven: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2020
You can choose to either keep or delete. Truth is as far as you can't wipe your memory, it's almost the same thing.

Out of sight doesn't mean out of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by cooooooks(m): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2020
Keeping the mementos is suspect. I don't think you should necessarily get rid of EVERYTHING the ex brought you, especially if you guys had a cordial breakup.

However, if you're still hung up on your ex PLEASE do not date anyone.

Heal, learn, grow.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by Sunnymatey(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2020
What if the tables were turned, how will you feel?

Not forgetting the golden rule "do to(treat) others same way you ll like them do to you

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by MrSly(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
If I were your bf I won't have problem with you. I will only have problem when you start questioning me or complaining about my own ex's pics or my communication with her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by articleme(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
not good
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by baralatie(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kriss216:
An EX is an EXample of what you don't need again. So, why keeping memories of what you don't need again?

true fact
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by baralatie(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrSly:
If I were your bf I won't have problem with you. I will only have problem when you start questioning me or complaining about my own ex's pics or my communication with her.
what if by your ascertion she does not mind
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
It's very wrong I mean very very very wrong

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by MrSly(m): 9:16am On Jul 27, 2020
baralatie:

what if by your ascertion she does not mind
It becomes a win win for both. But no one shoud complain that I used and dumped her. An open relationship is open nomatter whatever guise it assumes. It is more like an open relationship.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by JONSYN7154: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2020
CrazyCrane:
IS IT WRONG TO HAVE PICTURES/VIDEOS OF YOU AND AN EX WHILE WITH A NEW PARTNER?

Please,i would like to read view(s) on this...if it's wrong to still keep memories of you and an ex on your phone,in form of pictures,videos,chats,SMS while in a new relationship. Do you think your new partner would be indifferent to it if they knew? or throw in a tantrum? or it's none of their business?

You see these words "my ex is not my enemy " has destroyed so many marriage and relationship.
Exes are biggest threat to every relationship and marriage, yes they are not your enemy but they are something one needs to avoid then if you two meets by chance then you can greet ,gist and walk away.
Many women with such mentality "my ex is not my enemy "therefore I want to go to his place and invite him to my wedding, from there" can I get a last hug?
That was how they ended up in bed, from ordinary hug it turned to kissing, this is how many married woman got pregnant for their exes.
Many will be saying that they are matured spiritually to handle such, but forgot what the Bible said in 1 Corinthians 10:12 ...
Men on the other hand usually have the same mentality too, she is just a friend this and that...they forgot most times we fall in love with someone you didn't intend falling in love with by simply spending time with them, it may start as casual friends ,colleague e.t. c by spending time together you start seeing the beautiful qualities of the person that you don't know, from there intimate feeling can start building up.
When you are in a relationship/marriage you should respect your spouse feelings, and stop all this "we are just friends.
Yes that you are married or in a relationship doesn't mean you aren't allowed to make friends but know your limits..
Have this in mind �
What a man doesn't want to eat he shouldn't take it close to his nose, because the nice aroma might be tempting to resist ��

MY CANDID ADVICE TO YOU

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by Coder2Client(m): 11:06am On Jul 27, 2020
How did you guys break up? Could it be that you fumbled or your expectations are higher than his?
The reason behind the break up could still appear to you as sudden or shock but you gotta to move on.

Kindly delete that memory of the past and genuinely love your current man. If I were to be your man and I found out that you are still reminiscing on ex-boyfriend, I will at that instant continue with you as a friend. In fact, I will detach myself completely from you.

You may be wondering why, well, a lady who still hold on to her Ex-boyfriend memories has the tendency to cheat on her current man if the former comes knocking. And may in the long run dump the current one.

Don't compare your current boyfriend to your ex-boyfriend in whatever situation you might find yourself with the current one. It breaks up relationships. Guide your mind and mouth.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by CrazyCrane: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=JONSYN7154 post=92154609]

When you are in a relationship/marriage you should respect your spouse feelings, and stop all this "we are just friends.
Yes that you are married or in a relationship doesn't mean you aren't allowed to make friends but know your limits..
Have this in mind �
What a man doesn't want to eat he shouldn't take it close to his nose, because the nice aroma might be tempting to resist ��

Makes so much sense.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by InfernoNig: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
For me its wrong unless I am the one that bleeped shit up. Beside I don't keep such, but in my mind i keep memories, only if the sex is good.

Peace
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by JONSYN7154: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2020
[quote author=CrazyCrane post=92163100][/quote]thank you dear
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by Olakunleyakub(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2020
This ur first comment has given the right answer for the question. Other responses are not really needed again.

Forget everything about your ex
Cos he or she is an ex for a reason
Kriss216:

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by baralatie(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
MrSly:

It becomes a win win for both. But no one shoud complain that I used and dumped her. An open relationship is open nomatter whatever guise it assumes. It is more like an open relationship.
an open relationship simply means no relationship
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by MrSly(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
baralatie:

an open relationship simply means no relationship
You now got the point. A lady who still adores her ex's memories by keeping her picture has not gotten over him. As the guy it is as good as not being in a committed relationship.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by airminem(f): 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
[quote author=JONSYN7154 post=92154609]

You see these words "my ex is not my enemy " has destroyed so many marriage and relationship.
Exes are biggest threat to every relationship and marriage, yes they are not your enemy but they are something one needs to avoid then if you two meets by chance then you can greet ,gist and walk away.
Many women with such mentality "my ex is not my enemy "therefore I want to go to his place and invite him to my wedding, from there" can I get a last hug?
That was how they ended up in bed, from ordinary hug it turned to kissing, this is how many married woman got pregnant for their exes.
Many will be saying that they are matured spiritually to handle such, but forgot what the Bible said in 1 Corinthians 10:12 ...
Men on the other hand usually have the same mentality too, she is just a friend this and that...they forgot most times we fall in love with someone you didn't intend falling in love with by simply spending time with them, it may start smiley magana gaskia

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Have Memories (of Any Form) Of An Ex In Current Relationship? by JONSYN7154: 4:37am On Jun 11, 2021
[quote author=airminem post=102595546][/quote] in kin fada haka toh ba masala.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Mom Disgraces Daughter After Catching Her In A Hotel Room With A Man / White Man Who Gave African Lady $10k Without Asking For Sex: Video / Why Is Finding A Faithful Girlfriend Hard In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.