Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Is Gossiping A Mental Illness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Gossiping A Mental Illness? (223 Views)

Controversy As Mother Of 3 Dumped By Business Man Lover Battles Mental Illness / My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land / Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Gossiping A Mental Illness? by FamousMonk: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
I'm looking forward to a Nigeria where "Gossiping" will be made illegal and punishable by death.
I seriously don't understand why Nigerians can't mind their businesses.
They'll even go as far as fabricating stories and exaggerating to make their road side side gossip more interesting.
What confuses me most is why someone you know,someone you're close to would approach someone else and tell them you did something or said something you actually never did or said.
If it's an enemy or someone you ain't close to,it would've made a little sense but someone you're close to and didnt quarrel with for whatever reason.In fact,someone who still greets,smiles and talks to you like he/she loves you(because they assume you're oblivious of what they said you said or did).
What could be on the minds of such people?
What propels such behavior?
Is this an illness?
What do they wish to gain?
Can someone explain this to me?
I'm rarely confused but with this,I am confused .
Re: Is Gossiping A Mental Illness? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
grin grin grin
Backbiting and slander is not necessarily gossip

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Baby Products You Do Not Need To Buy. / How To Live Your Best Life As Stay At Home Mum / Easy Ways Your Kids Can Learn Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.