Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) (95380 Views)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 27, 2020
Frankyboy1:
One thing I know is that, the bible is the word of God, and the word of God is truth and life, the bible has no discrepancies,is the best book in the world, with so much truth and insights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 6:25am On Jul 27, 2020
BotherMleeper:

"a group of evangelical christians were convinced that they had founyd the remains of Noah's Ark."
What's your point pls?
I hope you are not of the opinion that Christians can't be Scientists
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 6:37am On Jul 27, 2020
DarkJeddi:
grin

A wooden piece of flotsam?shocked

On such flimsy threads religion hinges its credibility.. undecided
Com'on
A group of evangelicals, and not the whole Christian body. You should read were it said a young earth creationist doubted the discovery and other Christian body. Many of those "discoveries" especially, those by Ron Wyatt are being rejected by a very large number of Christian ministries especially if it does not successfully pass some scientific tests. It's fallacious to make a generalization to Religion (not even Christianity) because of what A (very small) group claims to find. Mind you, they never claimed it's FACT, just as other branch of historical science makes speculation about a discovery. The only difference here is that you'd here folks screaming Science! Science!
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Kingstanding: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2020
Zico5:
All these discoveries are wack to me. Nobody can accurately state the age of this earth, so how sure are they that the discovery is Noah ark. It's mere speculation.
. Generation of unbelievers.
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by dazzlingd(m): 6:43am On Jul 27, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:
I thought they said scientists dont believe in the bible
[i][/i]
Passionate888:
So it's real? What would atheist say now?
Please read before jumping

A group of evangelical Christian explorers.

This is where confirmation bias comes in, their research has no base and evidence...just a research they believe in to be 99.9% accurate.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 6:43am On Jul 27, 2020
Ibime:
To believe that Noah's ark was found, you first have to believe that all the animals in the world can fit on one boat.

Noah's Ark story is the one story from the Bible that made me lose belief in the Bible completely.

Very funny
You didn't even make a research on the subject to see what scientists (Bible believing) have done first before you make your conclusion and claire it's what made you loose faith.
The flood, a one time catastrophic event is so big a subject that you can't study the works done on it in few months.

If you would love to get materials on it, I'll be glad to assist.
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2020
gypsey:
Ofcourse the bible is real, grin the british wrote it.
People's ill informed comments on NL baffles me sometimes. I use to believe that NL is only for folks that are well informed on what they are talking about but statements that I have been seeing and something like this (above) changed my orientation
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by dazzlingd(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2020
joyandfaith:

is there anything that scientists can do accurately?

Anybody can make research, even you! Dont mistaken researchers with scientists.

Read the article, it says evangelical Christian explorers.....already, their research is flawed by cognitive bias

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by crafteck(m): 6:50am On Jul 27, 2020
Frankyboy1:
One thing I know is that, the bible is the word of God, and the word of God is truth and life, the bible has no discrepancies,is the best book in the world, with so much truth and insights

Deception... Anything by man is flawed

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 6:57am On Jul 27, 2020
kingxsamz:
This research will leave theists in confusion. grin
My big bro, we are here again grin
Well, I personally don't believe that it can be found as I was fascinated when I came across it some years ago, but some of their methodology were flawed and the reason given in the article that it would mostly be used for making houses because it would be difficult to get any good timber elsewhere. Also, the timber shouldn't be found "intact", though the report says it was buried and excavated but since the simple carbon dating already cast doubt on it, then they can go for ANOTHER 'suspect' if they are bent on finding it.

Finding it or not does not really affect the firm believe of most Christians anyway just as missing links doesn't change firm believers of evolution (whether Christians or Atheists)
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Chinny024(f): 7:05am On Jul 27, 2020
God is great... Looking forward to tour round the Ark
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2020
Loopdeeloopa:
My own question is if all animals fitted into Noahs ark how did polar bears and crocodiles survive the same temperature? How did the carnivores not eat the preys?
Make your research sir. In the creation model, we don't have all the animals that are on earth now at that time and the model predicts rapid speciation of animals from an original kind (from a genus or family level in taxonomy). This is what is being observed as speciation and hybridization nowadays.
Again, you should know that the size is not just one ship but an extreme ocean liner and Noah doesn't need to put adult animals, just pairs of the baby animals which God must have directed towards the ark. The Hollywood movie: Noah did an excellent job with the size of the ark and catastrophe of the event (though not still accurate though), but with every Hollywood rendition of historical events, it must corrupt the real history to make it very appealing to its audience.

Do a research on the subject and should be able to get answers to many questions that you may not even think to ask
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Hermes119: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2020
Ibime:
To believe that Noah's ark was found, you first have to believe that all the animals in the world can fit on one boat.

Noah's Ark story is the one story from the Bible that made me lose belief in the Bible completely.

Noah's ark is the most nonsensical crap of shit I have ever read and to think that adults believe it is very disturbing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Buliwyf: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Lol scientist you so beloved are what you’re now spitting on because their claims doesn’t go your way.

Isn’t it odd that all the atheist in this thread no longer understand what the word “remains” mean?

Dude. I am not like you religious guys that swallow everything. They haven't given us any proof that it's specifically Noah's ark they saw. Many wooden vessels have been found in the past too. This guys just like generating hype by calling it Noah's ark because it is sure to turn heads. So calm down and read the story well. Then ask yourself if they provided any proof specifically to show this is the real deal. If you can't do that then sorry it's not my fault you can't help yourself.

Also the story clearly pointed out that a group of evangelical Christians are behind the nonsense. So we can't trust their findings.

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2020
Passionate888:
did u even read it?

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
But if the research was based on dinosaur remains, with millions of years attached to it, you'll be the first to discredit it.
Clowns.

Well, I think that I have talked about axioms before. Long agers will discredit anything in the bible that looks like it happened few thousand years ago and so Young earthers will do the same with data which are interpreted to millions of years ago. Axioms is the main issue here.
Radiometric dating is taking as absolute but the assumptions on which it rest is very shaky as there are laboratory experiments that have faulted those assumptions, especially; that the rate of decay of radioactive elements have been constant through out ages, no contamination and others.
It should be known that there are ages of known stuff (rocks, trees) which give millions of years and the second assumption above is being modified to explain the anomaly.
So, there will always be controversy. We just have to live with it as discoveries are being made
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 7:22am On Jul 27, 2020
Buliwyf:

Dude. I am not like you religious guys that swallow everything. They haven't given us any proof that it's specifically Noah's ark they saw. .
They've given you proof, the same proof they use to measure and determine the age of the earth adn other things. But you pick and choose when the one to believe because anything confirming the presence of God or biblical happenings should be discarded. Lol. He believes the universe was created suddenly a boom, but can't explain what preceded the boom. But somehow has a hard time believing that remains from a boat was found. He believes in dinosaur bones, and the technology used to arrange them and give depictions of what they used to look like but doesn't believe that when they find a bunch of wood from biblical times. Lol. He even believes that black holes exist, despite no one on earth having directly observed it.
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

Do you see why you're 'dull'?
The article you're jubilating over clearly stated that those were theories. Most of them on that article were hypothesis, meaning, they haven't been proven yet but were just mere speculation.
Science does not just jump to a conclusion without proper research.
You should have read how they came about their knowledge of the ice age before coming to display your ignorance online. You're no different from those religious clowns who ask "how did they come up with the years" when a scientific research states that something dates back to millions of years.
At least, those who believe in the ice age are better than some group of ignorant misguided folks who believe that a man fit all the animals in this world into one boat.
Clown. undecided

Still you made no sense. Try more.

grin
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2020
ELibraryNG:
After reading the Epic of Gilgamesh I believed that Noah story was copied from folklore.

Now they are claiming to discover a folklore ark. Funny
Smiles
How did you come to that believe? What makes you think that it was copied? Where other flood stories found all around the world (Australia, South America, Africa etc) which has striking resemblance to that of the bible also copied from that of Gigamesh?
If it was a folklore, how come you get same story (with difference in detail) all over the world? This are questions I'd love you research on objectively (two sides of the coin) but being objective is difficult these days as even the best of scientists are still biased.
Good luck in whatever you believe
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 27, 2020
Farki:

The Bible is a collection of unoriginal folk tales and Eastern philosophy compiled by Hebrews, Greeks and Romans.

I haven't even done anything but post Bible passages but it angered you so much that you went straight to petty insults.

The Bible clearly mocks itself by the ignorance of the writers who can't seem to go a chapter without contradicting themselves.

Keep babbling.

Next time you are quoting the Bible quote it like it is written. Don't connive with the demons inside of you to manipulate Bible verses.

Good day.
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:33am On Jul 27, 2020
brainhgeek:

There are thousands of creationists who are scientists and notable physicians too such as the famous Been Carson.
Some believe also in intelligent design which attempts to substantiate God's existence and creations through scientific evidences and explanations.
Some notable Christian scientists include; Isaac Newton, Robert Boyle, Michael Faraday, Loius Pasture, Johannes Kepler, Blaise Pascal, Gregor Mendel, George Washington Caver, Carl Linnaeus, Allesandro Volta, John Dalton, Charles Babbage, Robert Wicks, Samuel Morse..........the list is long but, I am very fascinated by Isaac Newton who devoted more time to studying the Bible than studying math and physics.
Thank you sir. I don't know why many folks in NL thinks that Christians are in opposition to science and cannot become expert in the field. It is a field of study and it'll sound nonsensical to make such claim when most don't even know that Christians birth modern science

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Weeb: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2020
Passionate888:
Let's see it on a well recognized news site like CNN first before we start discussing whether it's real or not.
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Buliwyf: 7:36am On Jul 27, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
They've given you proof, the same proof they use to measure and determine the age of the earth adn other things. But you pick and choose when the one to believe because anything confirming the presence of God or biblical happenings should be discarded. Lol. He believes the universe was created suddenly a boom, but can't explain what preceded the boom. But somehow has a hard time believing that remains from a boat was found. He believes in dinosaur bones, and the technology used to arrange them and give depictions of what they used to look like but doesn't believe that when they find a bunch of wood from biblical times. Lol. He even believes that black holes exist, despite no one on earth having directly observed it.

If you are this ignorant, I am wasting my time with you. Why do you think I believe all the dinosaur bones and technology made to depict them? You are just pulling moronic insinuations out of your ass. You don't even know my beliefs. And who told you I believe in the big bang or that I am an atheist. Or anyone who is not a Christian or Muslim is an atheist to you?

I will stop here since you are projecting your dumb ideas of argument on me. Sorry bro. Its too early in the week to be wasting my time on you.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:36am On Jul 27, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

Who told you they're?
Excuse me? Are you equating science to atheism? Do you mean that many Scientists don't believe the bible?
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Areaboy2(m): 7:38am On Jul 27, 2020
sapientia:
A group of evangelical Christians discovered it.

Hehehehehehe

hahahahahaha

just like a group of alcoholics discovering how to sober up quickly.
To them it works, but to the rest of us, they still look silly grin grin

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:40am On Jul 27, 2020
RaptorX:
What did the animals eat during their sojourn inside the ark and how was their waste disposed.
Did the fishes also came inside the ark or stayed in the water, what about ants and insects. How did the animals in Africa, Australia etc travel to get on the ark.
Good questions which have been answered. You can make your research to find the answers if you'll really want to get them. I can refer you to a page anyway
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by BotherMleeper(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2020
Pelecius:

What's your point pls?
I hope you are not of the opinion that Christians can't be Scientists

Of course they can.

But in this specific instance their belief is getting in the way of their science
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by MrSix: 7:43am On Jul 27, 2020
Queenyprinxex:
Scientists are confused stags.
Which scientists?

It's not scientists that said they "think" they've found the ark. Those persons are just finding a reason for their faith.
It might be that the story isn't true. Imagine, there's no obvious picture.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2020
YoungLionken:
This is not the right time for such please..

Alot is happening, especially in Nigeria (no light,bad roads, kidnapping, robbery, coronavirus, election tension, broken homes,flood, failed relationships,bribery and corruption,etc..)to worry about, these days...

This ur comment would have made so much sense on a bbnaija thread
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:45am On Jul 27, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
j

You've made a lot of nonsense guy.

The top of the mountain is cold and cold preserves things. And besides scientists have claimed to find woods older than that.

What about the fossils of 100 billion years they tell you mugus they found everyday.

Because they are scientists you believe them like zombies but have you known that there are thousands of science claims that were later found to be wrong?

For your eye you are smart. grin
You remind me of the quote: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" grin
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 7:46am On Jul 27, 2020
Buliwyf:

If you are this ignorant, I am wasting my time with you. Why do you think I believe all the dinosaur bones and technology made to depict them? You are just pulling moronic insinuations out of your ass. You don't even know my beliefs. And who told you I believe in the big bang or that I am an atheist. Or anyone who is not a Christian or Muslim is an atheist to you?

I will stop here since you are projecting your dumb ideas of argument on me. Sorry bro. Its too early in the week to be wasting my time on you.

Lol typical. A coward that will deny his belief when challenged even a little bit grin grin Eyha Pele.
Re: Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) by Pelecius: 7:48am On Jul 27, 2020
Image123:

Because science is not a miracle, duh. Science is something provable and repeatable. Pulling out millions of years from the anus and calling it carbon dating or radioactive blabla is forever laughable. The discrepancy and contradictions in each discovery is shameful. Someone would find a fingernail in the wilderness and make a book out of it giving you zobo models and pictures of what the creature loved eating and its first high school love. You will be shouting wow science because there is a documentary on it handled by professor. You are more gullible than most believers, only they've not yet found a way to tithe your gullibility. You already paid full tuition though.
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Stephanie Otobo Released From Kirikiri Prison. Photos / Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.