Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities (28982 Views)

WASSCE: South-West States To Reopen Schools / COVID-19: FG Meets State Govts Tuesday To Discuss School Resumption / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Rhectz(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2020
School resumption: FG, states meet next Monday to discuss modalities

ABUJA – A meeting between the federal and state governments to discuss modalities for resumption of schools will hold next week Monday.

The meeting which will be presided by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, is to have all state commissioners of education in attendance.

An invitation to this effect was released Sunday night by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, Arc. Sony Echono.

Top on the agenda of the expected meeting, according to the invitation dispatched, are the reconsideration of new examination timetables for the West African Examinations Council, WAEC, the National Examinations Council, NECO, the National Common Entrance Examinations and BECEC.

The invitation to the meeting expected to take place through zoom, read: “Invitation to a webinar consultative meeting between the FME and Hon Commissioners of Education. The PS, Federal Ministry of Education, Arc Sonny Echono, cordially invites Honourable Commissioners of education of the 36 states of the federation and the FCT to a consultative meeting on the way forward towards reopening our schools.

“In particular, the agenda for a new schedule for WAEC, NECO, BECEC, the National Common entrance among other issues will be on the table.

” The meeting will hold on Monday next week at 11 am.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/school-resumption-fg-states-meet-next-monday-to-discuss-modalities/amp/

6 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Karlifate: 8:05am On Jul 27, 2020
Hope it won't end in deadlock like the 'Marlians' summit in Mali.

9 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Rhectz(m): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2020
I sincerely hope after the meeting a concrete decision can be taken in reopening schools across the nation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by paulolee(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2020
same old story....
would meet and list out some guidelines that aint feasible for its weak and poor educational sector..
if they are really serious about improving the educational sector of the country, i think they should put school on hold till next year and use the rest months to plan how to ensure the swift and good progress of the sector..
including plans that would help in providing and funding things needed to contain the virus and to eradicate the ever rising problems of that lethargic ASUU board.....my opinion

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by HyAccent: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Personally I don't care again.

17 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Slawormir: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
We have been hearing this same old dog shit for God knows how long

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by OkhaiAsein(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
at last hallelujah
meanwhile I'll design a brand logo and flyer for your business for just 3k
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Prodigee: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Na una sabi
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by jericco1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
undecided
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Iheanasure01: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wow great of them
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by EyezofGod120: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
sad government wey no serious,, we no go school this year again,,we go start at fresh,,if next year reach and say lockdown still continue he no concern me,,,staying at home kontinua

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Bhadmus77(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Don't open schools abeg.. It's not safe

7 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by motionarena: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Schools remain closed
Private school teachers are starving.
Palatives paid to FG to distribute has disappeared

Diaries of a failed nation sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Perfecttouchade: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ok but put the health of every child first..I don't know why politicians keep stealing money but can't invest in education..in this kind of situation, bring online learning to the children and share e-learning gadgets at cheaper price including reducing data cost atleat till the whole pandemic is over..this would have been the best option for us but too much looting don dabaru our economy

2 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by changeit: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
one thing I can't wait for
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by ShitStain(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dem no even dey talk about Universities ma sef.
It is well.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
It's high time.
Coronavirus, u try no be small.
We want our world back.

Top on the agenda of the expected meeting, according to the invitation dispatched, are the reconsideration of new examination timetables for the West African Examinations Council, WAEC, the National Examinations Council, NECO, the National Common Entrance Examinations and BECEC.
We hope our children still open their textbooks to read during this looong break.
No knowledge is ever lost.
All the best to the serious students.
Go and Excel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by officialfysh(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
You guys are looking for school fees to collect and putting innocent kids health to risk

2 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by chukwuibuipob: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
sad Confused pipu
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by hisexcellency34: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
This is the worst Education Minister in Nigeria's history

4 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Etinosa1234: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hope they are also talking abt tertiary institutions...

Abeg...e don tey since I clear konji

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Amspecial: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
angry
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Sektor101(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Next Monday public holiday I guess

2 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by ceejeck(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Who doesn't get moved by any news from Minister of Education again??

Personally, I have moved on.

If sch resumes sef, I will need extra 2 weeks to gradually activate my school mode.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
officialfysh:
You guys are looking for school fees to collect and putting innocent kids health to risk
The way some people brains work ehn!
No be for here. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
What else do they have to say other than the usual nonsense sad
I'm sure whatever decision they take will be given a 30 days time frame for execution.
Unserious people, always looking for a way to evade their responsibilities while not evading pay.
Just look at the one that said to shut down schools till 2021. That is 6+ months of nothing, doing what exactly? "Putting in safety measures".
Bunch of Jokers.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Aboki won't be happy
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Mchenryfreeman:
Aboki won't be happy
TRIBALISM has turned you to something else patapata.
Shame on you Henry!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bhadmus77:
Don't open schools abeg.. It's not safe
Olodo grin

14 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Perfecttouchade: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
officialfysh:
do they care?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) / Ogun College Suspends Lecturer For Impregnating Nursing Student / What Is The Difference Between "Inquiry" And "Enquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.