Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities (28967 Views)

WASSCE: South-West States To Reopen Schools / COVID-19: FG Meets State Govts Tuesday To Discuss School Resumption / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
10minutes:
Africa should not reopen schools, south africa comes to mind.

Schools closing for holidays are not a good idea
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Carsons(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
Just before you become happy, remember how inconsistent the minister of education is.

If the meeting eventually holds, don't be surprised if they keep postponing the resumption date for frivolous reasons.
They do not have the interest of students at heart, all na show off.
Na election dey their mind; the earlier you realise, the better

2 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Focusmind: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Southwest will always have my respect. The central government that is education averse, wanted to infringe on fundamental value of the region - Education! They united and took a position. You cant use education to play in that region. If your region doesn't like education, don't hold other people's children down.

I give it to them for wanting to go against the federal government to reopen school and conduct SSCE exam for their candidates. That's some balls brother. That's why the FG is considering reopening school. I heard October from a reliable source.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by BrutusOj(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bhadmus77:
Don't open schools abeg.. It's not safe
You are wicked. Are mosques and churches safer than schools?
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Abuchindugba(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
This country tire me... The FG key in to less important things and forget about the most important stuffs. The economy is down, things are expensive, no jobs, hunger everywhere, people are dying but yet corruption will not allow the any meaningful thing come out of the government. FG doesn't want to reopen schools because of COVID19 but yet markets, churches and mosques are opened. Who is deceiving who? Clueless country NIGERIA...... Schools are the right places one can be more educated and learn and its been shutdown.. GOD help us all!!!
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by flow03(m): 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
I plead that meeting should consider alot of things why drawing the modalities.
First the student future needs to be put into consideration
secondly, private school teachers also must be put into consideration because in many cases people fail to consider the welfarism of the private school teachers. This hunger is much.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
Opening the low infrastural school
So that teachers would take there frustration on students

Please government , build high quality school and industries so our children wont suffer the harsh weather of things and move into crime �
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by ymstar(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
ceejeck:
Who doesn't get moved by any news from Minister of Education again??

Personally, I have moved on.

If sch resumes sef, I will need extra 2 weeks to gradually activate my school mode.

Mine would take like a month

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
paulolee:
same old story....
would meet and list out some guidelines that aint feasible for its weak and poor educational sector..
if they are really serious about improving the educational sector of the country, i think they should put school on hold till next year and use the rest months to plan how to ensure the swift and good progress of the sector..
including plans that would help in providing and funding things needed to contain the virus and to eradicate the ever rising problems of that lethargic ASUU board.....my opinion
Nigerians can't solve problems.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by paulolee(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
listowell:

Nigerians can't solve problems.
Yes but we can all criticize and give opinions that can help them solve problems..
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by MrSly(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
paulolee:
same old story....
would meet and list out some guidelines that aint feasible for its weak and poor educational sector..
if they are really serious about improving the educational sector of the country, i think they should put school on hold till next year and use the rest months to plan how to ensure the swift and good progress of the sector..
including plans that would help in providing and funding things needed to contain the virus and to eradicate the ever rising problems of that lethargic ASUU board.....my opinion
Thats wrong idea. They had since 1960 to think and they have come up with nothing. Schools should resume and they continue with their empty thought. Private individuals are gradually moving schools ahead. Govt will follow suit in due time.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by officialfysh(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
You should have just educated me more rather than calling me an educated fool.. thanks though
Jonasbadoo:
I'm quite atonished at your level of ignorance, their parents go out everyday , they're being sent on errands often, play with their mates but it's only in school they can be affected baa?
it's obvious now we just have intelligent FOOLS in this country
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by JYKZ: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
schools should be reopened, this pandemic story is arrant nonsense. if there is corona virus pandemic in Nigeria, then why did they reopen markets, churches, offices. Shame to our health workers, tht cannot differentiate malaria and COVID 19.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
paulolee:

Yes but we can all criticize and give opinions that can help them solve problems..
You go on hunger strike where people don't want you to die. Definitely not in Nigeria. They never get anything done nicely.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by SirWarlock: 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Focusmind:
Southwest will always have my respect. The central government that is education averse, wanted to infringe on fundamental value of the region - Education! They united and took a position. You cant use education to play in that region. If your region doesn't like education, don't hold other people's children down.

I give it to them for wanting to go against the federal government to reopen school and conduct SSCE exam for their candidates. That's some balls brother. That's why the FG is considering reopening school. I heard October from a reliable source.
why October . September sounds more plausible. Or finally next year grin
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by unclemaths(m): 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
The only option is to hope against hope.

Any hope in sight for school children in Primary schools?
Schools are not reopening soon.

Do you know any Grade 5 or Grade 6 pupil?
Enjoy free interactive classes at:

www.mindbuilders.sch.ng
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by SirWarlock: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
paulolee:
same old story....
Till the ongoing ASUU strike is addressed, I won't take their reopening talks seriously grin.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Daploid06(m): 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
don't even understand again some bloggers said today some said Monday next week which Monday he cum be like this

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by SirWarlock: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
10minutes:
Africa should not reopen schools, south africa comes to mind.
The whole of Africa? sad.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Sirdestiny8lies(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bhadmus77:
Mumu you be
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Decallionaire: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
This Coronavirus issue is seriously affecting so many things oooo.

PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR YOUR WEBSITE PROJECTS PLUS, WE DESIGN LOGOs. WE ALSO DO WE DESIGN TRAININGS.
CONTACT NUMBER ON FLIER.

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
When will so called FG start depositing citizens allowances to all the registered BVN accounts to start business of their choice?
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Beny2019(m): 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tired of these endless nightmares and stories for infants. I don't need a magician to tell me when naija FG are serious.
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Massdamm(m): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bhadmus77:
buh election can hold and market place ar safe rite...

you talking in a rubbish
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by wonyin(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
Meeting to hold next week Monday, which is gonna be public holiday... Lol, Nigeria my country

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Dayoebe(m): 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
10minutes:
your comment based on sentiments if conditions for schools to reopen are in place no reason for schools not to resume..

And who suppose to give the conditions? - Students? Parents?
would you like us to fold our arms hoping God will descend and help us?

I simply implore the authority to act swiftly in finding lasting solution to the problem in education sector.

Please kindly express your opinion off my quote
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Yahksbiz(m): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
Olodo grin
thank God I did not fail jamb

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Elsiedaniels(f): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Here
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by JordanMichael(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Another lie
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Yahksbiz:

thank God I did not fail jamb
You for redo am sharp grin
Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by AustineJohn908(m): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dayoebe:

And who suppose to give the conditions? - Students? Parents?
would you like us to fold our arms hoping God will descend and help us?

I simply implore the authority to act swiftly in finding lasting solution to the problem in education sector.

Please kindly express your opinion off my quote
But same Federal Govt open up churches, markets, banks, offices and people are living their lives freely. Here in Abuja, Children go about outside hustling for their parents and some of them trades in the street too.
Na only Richman children dey house dey chill

1 Like

Re: FG To Meet States To Discuss School Resumption Modalities by solutionarena: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun College Suspends Lecturer For Impregnating Nursing Student / See Water Fetched From A Tap In OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University) / Tution Free Universities In Norway, Sweden And Canada Urgent Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.