Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki (33209 Views)

Ganduje’s Chief Of Staff, Ali Makoda, Resigns, Dumps APC & Joins NNPP / PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by CGMedia: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2020
A close ally of the incumbent Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Hon. Osamwonyi Atu has resigned his appointment in the Obaseki-led administration, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Hon. Atu resigned his appointment as member representing Orhionmwon in the Edo State Oil and Gas Producing Areas Development Commission (EDSOGPADEC) board.

Even though Atu claimed to have resigned to focus on “family issues” that needed his immediate attention, Igbere TV reliably gathered that the move was politically-motivated.

An aide to the EDSOGPADEC member, who craved anonymity, told Igbere TV that his boss was resigning to join forces with the All Progressives Congress, APC in Edo State.

He said his principal had been threatened to decamp to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP alongside the Governor and deliver him in the gubernatorial poll or be sacked.

“Yes, it's true that my boss has resigned. He is resigning to realign interest and join forces to deliver APC and Ize-Iyamu in the Edo Governorship election,” he said.

Others who resigned their appointment on Monday are Prince Emmanuel Odigie, member representing Edo Central in EDSOGPADEC and Alhaji Railwanu Oshiomhole, member representing Edo North in the EDSOGPADEC board.

https://igberetvnews.com/1359528/edo-guber-poll-obasekis-close-ally-atu-resigns-dumps-governor/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Tezboi(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2020
Gbese re o grin
Guys, pls go download "o ngbona felifeli" by osho baba.
Edo amaka grin

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Golan007: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2020
grin

Edo.

Lagos.

Nigeria.

Nigerians.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by OPPPS: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2020
MOU Gov has virtually failed every one including the Tax collectors

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by CGMedia: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2020
File photo

Atu and others with Obaseki during their inauguration

Cc: lalasticlala

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Hallenjay: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2020
Chai, Obaseki no gud for grassroot ds is no doubt.
Gentlemen, check my topics I've goodies for u

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Maple51: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2020
Ewoo. Is like they don dey run from Governor last minute o. Politicians can never be trusted. I wish Obaseki good luck though, if for nothing at least to demystify the notion of god-fathers mindset in Nigeria

For less than your sub money, learn to build any kind of website with WP (#1,999) and start building websites in 2 days! Click my name for details

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2020
After they would say Obaseki did not give Oshomole slots...
he practically gave them slots at the detriment of his government, despite that Oshomole still wanted a grip on the State assembly to checkmate the Governor while assuming total control..

Who leaves their job in present day Nigeria, if not Godfather loyalists?

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Kido90(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2020
He wants to deal with Godfather with empty stomach.
His fall will be more than that of Ambode.
Nonsense

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by espn(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2020
They will keep resigning...

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by AlabiJ: 11:21am On Jul 27, 2020
Why are they all dumping Obaseki?? Is he that bad?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by OPPPS: 11:28am On Jul 27, 2020
Esseite:
he practically gave them slots at the detriment of his government, despite that Oshomole still wanted a grip on the State assembly to checkmate the Governor.

Use your sense for once. The slot Obaseki is holding as a Gov was singlehandedly handed over to him by Oshiomole

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 27, 2020
OPPPS:

Use your sense for once. The slot Obaseki is holding as a Gov was singlehandedly handed over to him by Oshiomole

"Single-handedly", the people whom voted are all mannequins?

Going by your analysis, could it still be called democracy or imposition?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by seanfer(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2020
Those advising this Obaseki are his real enemies... Why threaten those that will work for your re-election?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by aremuforlife(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2020
Abanishe ko banida abanida kin banidebe

14 Likes

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
seanfer:
Those advising this Obaseki are his real enemies... Why threaten those that will work for your re-election?

Bruv, are you an apc apologist?
I'm asking because you've never spoken anything good or positive about him.

Nb: I don't give a fvck about obaseki.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by seanfer(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Elder0001:

Bruv, are you an apc apologist?
I'm asking because you've never spoken anything good or positive about him.

Nb: I don't give a fvck about obaseki.

I'm not an APC apologist.. The Governor is making a grave mistake by threatening those that were supposed to work for his Re-election.
Imagine those that resigned from his cabinet because they don't join PDP... on election day they will seat on the fence and won't bother resist the opponent.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by ORIENTATION101: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Obaseki that can't win his polling unit and local government is forming political gladiatorcheesycheesy
Win or loose Uche secondus tax collecting team have already cashout cheesy
Obaseki will be the one to face prosecutioncheesy

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Idrisk19(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Obaseki don enter one chance

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by gunners160(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
itches and bitches. Politicians gat no conscience at all. They are like weather, never predictable. The similarities between them and ashewo no dey much.
Shmm, bastardized people with just selfish reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Lmao obaseki don't worry you've ipob nairaland votes, that will surely win you election.

Someone that can't even win his ward.

Obaseki is a goner

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Esseite:
he practically gave them slots at the detriment of his government, despite that Oshomole still wanted a grip on the State assembly to checkmate the Governor.

will you keep quiet!??!. Obaseki is a goner. You see most people leaving him are from Edo south (Benin) where he is from.

The only place obaseki might win is esan land

38 Likes

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hallenjay:
Chai, Obaseki no gud for grassroot ds is no doubt.
Gentlemen, check my topics I've goodies for u
obaseki isn't a grassroot politician, he threatens anybody that don't supports him like a baby, he abbadoned the youths that brought him in as a governor and called them thieves.

No jobs, the only way youths will eat, he took it away, he increases tax and he's campaigning saying he renovated Secretariat and stadium, who the Bleep cares about those ones?..

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
will you keep quiet!??!. Obaseki is a goner. You see most people leaving him are from Edo south (Benin) where he is from.

The only place obaseki might win is esan land

They are all Oshomole's appendages... the people would now elect there own on their own terms not Oshomole's terms and condition.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by TimeManager(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
PDP don chop 6billion clean mouth.

kiss the truth!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Iheanasure01: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
This election go rugged o

1 Like

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Coldfeets: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Poli-tricks eh..

Usually, it's mainly all about personal interests first!
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by Perfecttouchade: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Oshiomhole is an evil man.
He should be banish from the state

Oba of Benin please

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osamwonyi Atu Resigns, Dumps Obaseki by PigTormentor: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ok

Even a blind pig can see that Obaseki has no grassroot stronghold in this election.
But when the results are announced and he's declared the loser, the IPIG miscreants will start wailing and crying that "Democracy is Dead".

They won't or can't read thr hand writing clearly on the wall now.

Obaseki will lose and lose big from all the signs I can see and from talking with people from Edo in my Estate.

35 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position / Wike Distributes Utility Vehicles To Judges. Photos / Decayed Rice Rejected By Edo Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.