Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

There Is Love In Sharing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Is Love In Sharing (198 Views)

There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is Love In Sharing by Newstrumpet4: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
It was Brian Tracy who once said “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.”

The above quote came into manifestation when a Wisconsin man decided to split the $22 million dollar he won from jackpot with his best friend, Joseph Feeney.

The decision was a fulfillment to the promise they made to each other three decades ago that if anyone should win the lottery, the winnings will be shared 50 -50. The promise was done verbally without written agreement to back it up.
Years after they made this promise, Thomas Cook of Elk Mound won the Powerball jackpot after purchasing a lottery ticket from a gas station in Menomonie. He contacted his friend Feeney.

Funny enough, Feeney thought Cook was joking because the pair would buy lottery tickets every week with no luck.

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence. What It Is And Effective Ways To Prevent It. / How To Clean A Mattress Topper / Do You Need A Professional Whatsapp Counseling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.