Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 (18670 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / Who Is Presently The Youngest Nigerian Governor In Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 5:50am On Feb 11, 2011
Did someone mention Akintola on this thread again?

Dont forget Akintola has a townsman, a brave one who avenged his killing.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by fstranger3(m): 5:51am On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^

Go sleep Kobo!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 6:06am On Feb 11, 2011
Are you dreaming of Kobojunki?

I wld report you to matron o
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by fstranger3(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2011
Iya Matee has got nothing on me! wink
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by plegend(m): 8:43am On Feb 11, 2011
What better way to show love,invite ppl for events & advertise your business this season via SMS/texts for a PROMO price of N1.60k/sms(from 1000units and above)

legendbulksmsDOTcom
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by maclatunji: 10:12am On Feb 11, 2011
@bukkites, I anticipated that you would say what you said in response to my post, so in your own world, education has a terminal point. No wahala if you say so. If you are so pissed at the people in the north, what are you still doing there?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by sided: 8:08am On Feb 12, 2011
What all of us is fighting for is the removal of Godfathers from our politics so that power can truly return to the people.Tinubu is one of them,what nonsence does he mean by foisting his wife on lagosians.Is this Egypt or Tinusia?.He is a Rogue!!!
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2011

What all of us is fighting for is the removal of Godfathers from our politics so that power can truly return to the people.Tinubu is one of them,what nonsence does he mean by foisting his wife on lagosians.Is this Egypt or Tinusia?.He is a Rogue!!!

I am suprise some people are calling for uprising in Naija, when it is clear,  if one were to look at properly we are already practising a democratic system, that in a way puts us ahead of Egypt & Tunisia. What we want from Messers Jonathan is for him to gurantee  us at least 98% free & fair election.

If we can have this every other thing  would be resolved. When  Godfather's like Tinubu impose a candidate on d electorates, d electorates have d indelible right to choose a party that allowed d will of d people to carry d day & Jonathan , INEC & d Judiciary,  has d right to protect this God given right.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by seanet02: 11:16am On Feb 12, 2011
He don win. Make him no campaign at all
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
Do you think the FCT is for the Hausa/Fulani? go and check its leaders. The fact is that most Nigerians are very dumb. We all don't have the simple sense of history. Were the Yorubas created by God in Lagos? For your information, the true Lagosians are the ilaeje folks, not these other migrants from Ile-ife. They were so unlucky, the Binis chased them to the waters and named it EKO a bini word for conquest, . Dindn't Oduduwa meet some settlers when he migrated from Bini? What about the Williams and Pedros ( they were wise to quickly yorubanised), the slaves from Brazil? are these not the so called Yorubas running things in lagos? Whether we like it or not, one day it will happen. A non Lagosian though yoruba is already the biggest politician, soon it will spread to non yoruba. In so far as its the Democracy we know, a game of number, tell me why a Dangote, which i think he is really not interested cannot win if all the non- yorubas vote for him for instant.

Some not so smart people keep spraying their mouth and saying Lagos did not benefit from FG, tell me one correct structure in lagos that is not FG oriented, Third Mainland, infact all the bridges, the hotels, VI, Ikoyi. Yaba Surulere, Lagos is what it is today because of FG and foreigners, WORDS, go to other Yoruba States and weeps,, is it Ibadan or Akure, Ekiti,

So in summary, time changes things, people mix with people and become a different entity eg mixture of Ijaw and Yoruba is Illaje, A mixture of Yoruba and BIni is ITsekiri, The Mixture of Ibo and Bini is AGbor, so a mixture of me though originally from delta and a yoruba, (because I stay in Lagos) is a Lagosian

ONE NIGERIA
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
TewMuch:

That is not how it is done in Nigeria. Everyone goes to their father's village to contest, simple. Let Kano be the first to break that tradition or Enugu, as we know these people will never do it. So why demand that of Yoruba's? What you wont take in your father's house dont go to another person's house and demand it. You are Ogoni, can you fathom a Yoruba coming to say he wants to be governor of your state, with all the oil resources and lead all the militants there? Abegi

Do you think the FCT is for the Hausa/Fulani? go and check its leaders. The fact is that most Nigerians are very dumb. We all don't have the simple sense of history. Were the Yorubas created by God in Lagos? For your information, the true Lagosians are the ilaeje folks, not these other migrants from Ile-ife. They were so unlucky, the Binis chased them to the waters and named it EKO a bini word for conquest, . Dindn't Oduduwa meet some settlers when he migrated from Bini? What about the Williams and Pedros ( they were wise to quickly yorubanised), the slaves from Brazil? are these not the so called Yorubas running things in lagos? Whether we like it or not, one day it will happen. A non Lagosian though yoruba is already the biggest politician, soon it will spread to non yoruba. In so far as its the Democracy we know, a game of number, tell me why a Dangote, which i think he is really not interested cannot win if all the non- yorubas vote for him for instant.

Some not so smart people keep spraying their mouth and saying Lagos did not benefit from FG, tell me one correct structure in lagos that is not FG oriented, Third Mainland, infact all the bridges, the hotels, VI, Ikoyi. Yaba Surulere, Lagos is what it is today because of FG and foreigners, WORDS, go to other Yoruba States and weeps,, is it Ibadan or Akure, Ekiti,

So in summary, time changes things, people mix with people and become a different entity eg mixture of Ijaw and Yoruba is Illaje, A mixture of Yoruba and BIni is ITsekiri, The Mixture of Ibo and Bini is AGbor, so a mixture of me though originally from delta and a yoruba, (because I stay in Lagos) is a Lagosian

ONE NIGERIA
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

ONE NIGERIA

can you stop saying rubbish, mumu

who told you the illaje were the first occupants of lagos mumu

the very first were the awori people who were conquered by bini people so stop this lies you are saying

also the federal government invested in lagos just as they invested in kano and abuja why is that there are ijaws people in power today

can you just think before you post,., ideeeiot
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

ONE NIGERIA

Lagos was settled at various times by hunters and fishermen from the Àwórì sub-nationality. Originally based in Iseri on the Ògùn River about 20 miles from the island, the initial wave of settlers led by Arómiré ("the one that becomes personable at the sight of a

Lagos rests on the Gulf of Guinea. ()
river"wink, established a presence in Ìddó and Èbúté Métta. Arómiré also grew vegetables, especially pepper, on a site where Iga Ìdúngànràn, the palace or official residence of the Oba of Lagos now stands. Iga Ìdúngànràn is an Àwórì term meaning house on pepper farm. The palace is thus not only an important symbol of the historical traditions of Lagos; its name also helps keep alive the site's association with vegetable farming by Arómiré, the city's first settler.
From these bases the Àwórì settlers moved further south, towards the creeks and the sea. One major reason why they moved was because their increasing population created the need for more space. Another was safety and security. Yorùbáland, of which Lagos was a part, had become embroiled in the long-running wars involving ethnic groups, communities, chiefdoms, kingdoms, and other political units of the time. The island settlements faced war from the Ègbás and the Ìjèbús, both Yorùbá-speaking nationalities. The ancient Benin Empire, in present-day Edo State of Nigeria also invaded the island around the year 1600.

There are conflicting accounts of the latter episode. Some have argued that the Binis actually founded the Lagos monarchy or system of rulership, apparently in the image of Benin's. Ashipa, the first Oba of Lagos, was a Yorùbá chief but not a Lagosian. It is known also that between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries, the Benin Empire extended as far as Porto-Novo, west of Lagos. The Oba of Benin did appoint viceroys or representatives on the island and approved all appointees to the office of Oba of Lagos. In return, Lagos Obas paid tribute to Oba of Benin in recognition of the latter's superior status. Other historians have insisted that the Oba of Benin waged war on the island for the same reasons wars were then prevalent.

One of these was the desire by reigning monarchs to expand control over weaker, less populous peoples or neighboring communities, kingdoms, and empires. Another reason concerned the new trans-Atlantic slave trade. For those who participated in the trade as middlemen, warfare did provide a quick and sure supply of war captives who could then be sold as slaves and shipped to the New World. By an estimate, some 500,000 people may have been sold as indentured slaves and shipped from Lagos to the Americas and the Carribean, in particular Bahia, Cuba, and St. Helena. Anyway, for Arómiré and early settlers of the island, moving further south away from the mainland towards the sea was a mechanism to escape the wars that ravaged Yorùbáland from the seventeenth century. The wars and the disruptions associated with them were to become a justification for imposing British colonial control first on the island and later on what is now Nigeria.

From the mid-nineteenth century, freed Yorùbá slaves started returning to Lagos in waves first from Brazil and then from Sierra Leone. In 1847, Oba Kòsókó of Lagos sent his close friend and adviser Chief Oshòdì Tápà to South America to invite slaves with Yorùbá ancestry to return home. The trip yielded results in 1851 when 130 expatriates arrived in Lagos. By 1861 when Lagos formally became a British colony, the number of returnees had risen to about 3,000. The Brazilian expatriates brought with them skills in masonry, carpentry, and tailoring, a strong Catholic faith, and extensive Portuguese cultural traits.

Sierra Leonean expatriates, or Saros, mainly of Ègbá origins in present-day Abéòkúta in Ògùn State of Nigeria, started returning to Lagos in trickles about 1838. The reigning Oba Kòsókó did very little to make them feel welcome, so it was not until 1852 after Oba Kòsókó had been deposed by the British and replaced by Oba Akíntóyè, that Saros returned to Lagos in large numbers. They numbered about 2,500 by 1861 and were granted land in a district on the island still known as Saro Town.

http://www.city-data.com/world-cities/Lagos-History.html
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

Even if they were, it would not just happen. OPC would rather die than letting it happen. Afenifere would probablly rally all the yorubas together. Other neighbouring states would probably flock in mass. . . .I can go on and on

where were they when Kwara fell, Imagine EMIR OF KWARA is a first class chief, Where were they when USMAN DAN FODIO, (may his soul rest in peace) ran you guys down? The truth is that Yoruba are Cowards, sorry to say, every tribe has its drawbacks, OPC is just a mirage, The true hero are the Middle beltans, the Jos people, They have resisted all forms Marauders, though its costing them their lives, they have.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by EzeUche2(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

where were they when Kwara fell, Imagine EMIR OF KWARA is a first class chief, Where were they when USMAN DAN FODIO, (may his soul rest in peace) ran you guys down? The truth is that Yoruba are Cowards, sorry to say, every tribe has its drawbacks, OPC is just a mirage, The true hero are the Middle beltans, the Jos people, They have resisted all forms Marauders, though its costing them their lives, they have.

You may have a point concerning the Middle Belt people. The people of the Middle Belt did bore the brunt of the Fulani jihads let by Usman Dan Fodio and later his son Mohammed Bello. And they are continuing to be a bulwark against Hausa-Fulani expansion. A very tough people I must say.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2011
alj harem:

can you stop saying rubbish, mumu

also the federal government invested in lagos just as they invested in kano and abuja why is that there are ijaws people in power today

can you just think before you post,., ideeeiot
FG b4 ABJ invested more in Lagos than in Kano, mumu
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

where were they when Kwara fell,  Imagine EMIR OF KWARA is a first class chief,  Where were they when USMAN DAN FODIO,  (may his soul rest in peace) ran you guys down? The truth is that Yoruba are Cowards, sorry to say,  every tribe has its drawbacks, OPC is just a mirage,  The true hero are the Middle beltans,  the Jos people,  They have resisted all forms Marauders,  though its costing them their lives, they have.

You do not know the history so you cannot call them cowards.
The yorubas (Afonja) invited the fulanis to Ilorin as mercenaries to dethrone the alafin of Oyo. Instead, the fulains attacked him when he let his guard down. His people did not fight for him because of his arrogance and pride.
Secondly, did you know that the civil war among yorubas further weakened them against the fulanis.
Thridly, did you know about the alausa fight in lagos? Did you know about the OPC plan to dethrone the Emir of Ilorin that lead to a riot?? What about the fulainsin shagamu?

Guy, do not say something you are unsure of.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2011
ABU MARYAM READ, MUMU
About 36 known Ogiso are accounted for as rulers of the empire. According to the Edo oral tradition, during the reign of the last Ogiso, his son and heir apparent, Ekaladerhan, was banished from Igodomigodo (modern day "Benin Empire 1180-1897"wink as a result of one of the Queens having deliberately changed an oracle message to the Ogiso. Prince Ekaladerhan was a powerful warrior and well loved. On leaving Benin he travelled in a westerly direction to the land of the Yoruba.
At that time, according to the Yoruba, the Ifá oracle said that the Yoruba people of Ile Ife (also known as Ife) would be ruled by a man who would come out of the forest. Following Ekaladerhan's arrival at the Yoruba city of Ife, he was able to assist them in their fight against the Oyo warriors and was granted 'king' under the title "Ooni of Ife". He changed his name to 'Izoduwa' (which in his native language meant 'I have chosen the path of prosperity') and became The Great Oduduwa, also known as Odudua, Oòdua , of the Yoruba.
On the death of his father, the last Ogiso, a group of Benin Chiefs led by Chief Oliha came to Ife, pleading with Oduduwa (the Ooni) to return to Igodomigodo (later known as Benin City in the 15th century during Oba Ewuare) to ascend the throne. Oduduwa's reply was that a ruler cannot leave his domain but he had seven sons and would ask one of them to go back to become the next king there. See Oba of Benin.
There are other versions of the story of Oduduwa. Many Yoruba often regard Oduduwa as a god/mystery spirit or prince coming from a place towards the east of the land of the Yoruba peoples. Though this would rudimentarilly seem to confirm the Bini spin on his history due to the fact that Benin is technically to the east of Ife, his origin tends not to be attributed to Benin City.
Eweka I was the first 'Oba' or king of the new dynasty after the end of the era of Ogiso. He changed the ancient name of Igodomigodo to Edo.
[edit]1440
Centuries later, in 1440, Oba Ewuare, also known as Ewuare the Great, came to power and turned the city-state into an empire. It was only at this time that the administrative centre of the kingdom began to be referred to as Ubinu after the Itsekhiri word and corrupted to Bini by the Itsekhiri, Edo, Urhobo, Ijaw, Calabar living together in the royal administrative centre of the kingdom. The Portuguese who arrived in 1485 would refer to it as Benin and the centre would become known as Benin City and its empire Benin Empire.
The Ancient Benin Empire, as with the Oyo Empire which eventually gained political ascendancy over even Ile-Ife, gained political strength and ascendancy over much of what is now Mid-Western and Western Nigeria, with the Oyo Empire bordering it on the west, the Niger river on the east, and the northerly lands succumbing to Fulani muslim invasion in the North. Interestingly, much of what is now known as Western Iboland and even Yorubaland was conquered by the Benin Kingdom in the late 19th century - Agbor (Ika), Akure, Owo and even the present day Lagos Island, which was named "Eko" meaning "War Camp" by the Bini.
The present day Monarchy of Lagos Island did not come directly from Ile-Ife, but from Benin, and this can be seen up till in the attire of the Oba and High Chiefs of Lagos, and in the street and area names of Lagos Island which are Yoruba corruptions of Benin names (Idumagbo, Idumota, Igbosere etc). Other parts of the present day Lagos State were under Ijebu (fiercely resisting domination by the Oyo Empire)and Egun (tossed between the Dahomey Kingdom, with its seat in present day Republic of Benin, and the Oyo Kingdom).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Empire#Conflicting_Yoruba_myths
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ and how does that relate to the topic??
The yorubas never denied their relationship with Bini. It is only a matter of conflicting stories.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

You do not know the history so you cannot call them cowards.
The yorubas (Afonja) invited the fulanis to Ilorin as mercenaries to dethrone the alafin of Oyo. Instead, th[b]e fulains attacked him when he let his guard down[/b]. His people did not fight for him because of his arrogance and pride.
Secondly, did you know that the civil war among yorubas further weakened them against the fulanis.
Thridly, did you know about the alausa fight in lagos? Did you know about the OPC plan to dethrone the Emir of Ilorin that lead to a riot?? What about the fulainsin shagamu?

Guy, do not say something you are unsure of.
or he RAN AWAY YOU MEAN?
THEY PLAN TO THEY will, rubbish, action man speaks louder
What about DAN FODIO, how did he islamised you guys
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by KnowAll(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
We must recognise one fact, there are a lot of stateless Lagosians, Stateless because this is the only state they ever knew, in some instance some had all their education in Lagos, Primary, Secondary, Uni, even NYSC by virtue of the fact their parent's state is not Lagos. To deny these people who in some instance are Igbo, Efik, Ijaws, Edos , hAUSA the right to claim a city, in fact the only city they ever know is a crime against humanity. How can somebody be pointed towards Oturkpo in Benue State, or Brass In Bayelsa State because he/She did not have a Yoruba name, to say it is scandolous is under-stament.

The Following people grew up in Lagos but had to go back to their parents home for recognition because of the salient view Nigerians of Yoruba stock would not see them as Yorubas

Donald Duke - Grew up in Ogunlana Drive Surulere, is a Surulere bOY

Samson Siasia - Is Boundary, Ajegunle, olodi Apapa boy

Wande Coal - Taraba BOY - But real Mushin homie

Tuface original from Benue - But grew up in Lagos,

why should any of these guys not have the same rights like Yoruba's  in Lagos.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

The present day Monarchy of Lagos Island did not come directly from Ile-Ife, but from Benin, and this can be seen up till in the attire of the Oba and High Chiefs of Lagos, and in the street and area names of Lagos Island which are Yoruba corruptions of Benin names (Idumagbo, Idumota, Igbosere etc). Other parts of the present day Lagos State were under Ijebu (fiercely resisting domination by the Oyo Empire)and Egun (tossed between the Dahomey Kingdom, with its seat in present day Republic of Benin, and the Oyo Kingdom).
jason123 link=topic=601921.msg7719642#msg7719642 date=1297536055:

^^^ and how does that relate to the topic??
The yorubas never denied their relationship with Bini. It is only a matter of conflicting stories.

Thought you were smarter than this. Let me come down to your level, What I was trying to say is that The Obas of Bini actually controlled the politics of Lagos by appointing the Obas of Lagos. Hope you can now see how it relates,

Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

or he RAN AWAY YOU MEAN?
THEY PLAN TO THEY will,  rubbish,  action man speaks louder
What about DAN FODIO,  how did he islamised you guys

Afonja ran?? You do not know your history. He planned to dethrone the highest authority in the Old Oyo empire by hiring mercenaries in the form of Fulanis. He cloth them, gave them food and shelter etc Only for them to attack him when the chips were down. His people did not fight because the fulanis were less arrogant compared to Afonja.

What has Dan Fodio got to do with anything? Even if we were "islamised", is that bad? I even support it so we can be mixed up and not just remain in a yoruba ethnic enclave. Since when did islamisation become a bad thing? Did the British not "Christianised" you? Were you not worshiping Amadioha before the british came? Guy, if we were islamised by the fulanis, then so be it. At least they learn other people's language and culture. They speak our language, they also speak the hausa language. So what gives?
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

Thought you were smarter than this. Let me come down to your level, What I was trying to say is that The Obas of Bini actually controlled the politics of Lagos by appointing the Obas of Lagos. Hope you can now see how it relates,

Yes, the binis controlled Lagos as the yorubas controled Lagos before them. Now it is the aworis, so? The point is the cultural similarity. We all have a common ancestry and that is what matters. Even if Oduduwa came from Bini, what difference does that make? Even before the british came and after independence, the Binis and the yorubas have been living together in Lagos peacefully and it would have continue that way before the rest of the country came. Not that their is anything wrong with that but the point is that the Yorubas and Bini can live together without violence. I have a bini ancestry.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

Afonja ran?? You do not know your history. He planned to dethrone the highest authority in the Old Oyo empire by hiring mercenaries in the form of Fulanis. He cloth them, gave them food and shelter etc Only for them to attack him when the chips were down. His people did not fight because the fulanis were less arrogant compared to Afonja.

What has Dan Fodio got to do with anything? Even if we were "islamised", is that bad? I even support it so we can be mixed up and not just remain in a yoruba ethnic enclave. Since when did islamisation become a bad thing? Did the British not "Christianised" you? Were you not worshiping Amadioha before the british came? Guy, if we were islamised by the fulanis, then so be it. At least they learn other people's language and culture. They speak our language, they also speak the hausa language. So what gives?

converted by force you mean?
The point young man is the OPC can do liltle, with the way Lagos state is going Lagos will one day be ruled by a non YORUBA>>>>PERIOD
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by Kadabra05: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2011
Srry guys, but going back to the main subject of this thread:
my own is that i simply don't think dangote should be allowed to run for Governor in Nigeria. ah ah. do u want the whole of Nigeria to be poor, except him of course, cause he'll probs keep the most of Nigeria's income,
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

converted by force you mean?
The point young man is the OPC can do liltle,  with the way Lagos state is going Lagos will one day be ruled by a non YORUBA>>>>PERIOD

Definately! I am not against it.  . . .  .But the person MUST be yorubanised i.e speak the language and understand the customs such as eyo etc. Anyway, I have never been against it. why would I vote for someone yoruba guy who is corrupt over and igbo, ijaw or Hausa who is not? undecided. That is me.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

Yes, the binis controlled Lagos as the yorubas controled Lagos before them. Now it is the aworis, so? The point is the cultural similarity. We all have a common ancestry and that is what matters. Even if Oduduwa came from Bini, what difference does that make? Even before the british came and after independence, the Binis and the yorubas have been living together in Lagos peacefully and it would have continue that way before the rest of the country came. Not that their is anything wrong with that but the point is that the Yorubas and Bini can live together without violence. I have a bini ancestry.

OH now you agree the BINI are from the same ancestry even though they speak differently?, So why do you find it hard to Agree we Nigerians and Africans are from the same ancestry HAM
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 8:19pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

OH now you agree the BINI are from the same ancestry even though they speak differently?, So why do you find it hard to Agree we Nigerians and Africans are from the same ancestry HAM

We are but culturally? I doubt it. Even if we are culturally, it has been so diffused and btw I do not like the idea of a United states of Africa when we cannot even have a united states of Nigeria without blood shed.
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by gohome: 8:20pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

Definately! I am not against it.  . . .  .But the person MUST be yorubanised i.e speak the language and understand the customs such as eyo etc. Anyway, I have never been against it. why would I vote for someone yoruba guy who is corrupt over and igbo, ijaw or Hausa who is not? undecided. That is me.

My friend, He mustn't, He can subdue due to accept him with or without force, It has happened before, it is happening as we speak, it can happen again, The British were not Yorubanised, The Yoruba are not in anyway stronger than the Saudis, go to Saudi abd see hoe they have been Americanised
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by jason123: 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

My friend, He mustn't, He can subdue due to accept him with or without force, It has happened before, it is happening as we speak, it can happen again, The British were not Yorubanised, The Yoruba are not in anyway stronger than the Saudis, go to Saudi abd see hoe they have been Americanised

External colonisation is different from Neo-colonisation. So, it must. If not, there would be blood shed and we would have another Jos in Lagos. I mean, how can you not understand the people you want to rule??
Re: Dangote Should Run For Lagos State Governor In 2015 by aljharem(m): 8:31pm On Feb 12, 2011
gohome:

look if you want to be or any of your family member want to be the governor of a state you are not indigenous to,, ,, Fine

GOOD LUCK with your ambition smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Understanding Buhari In 365 Days: Chronicles Of His Achievements- Breaking Times / Yemi Osinbajo Lands In Paris For Anti-Corruption Forum (Photos) / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.