Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

History Of Adom: Man Who Paid With His Life For Opposing 'arabicalizing' Egypt - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / History Of Adom: Man Who Paid With His Life For Opposing 'arabicalizing' Egypt (230 Views)

Shocking Before & After Photos Of A Man After Giving His Life To Christ / CAN Headquarter Disassociate Itself From Pastors Who Paid A Visit To COZA' / Ghanaian Pastor, Dr. Adom Tufuor Gifts All Church Members Cash As Christmas Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Adom: Man Who Paid With His Life For Opposing 'arabicalizing' Egypt by OtemAtum: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sometimes we tend to wonder how it came about that one land or the other will just impose their languages on another land and make it their lingua Franca. Were there no people in the dominated land to oppose those moves? What happened to those who opposed if they actually did? Adom was one of the numerous people who have opposed the dominance of the culture of another land over his own land and paid dearly with his life for it. Read the history below:

Pivadra 19: 1-17

1. Adom was a male homosapiens born in the 281,599th year of the homo sapiens era, which was also called 1599C.E.
2. Now Adom was born in Alexandria in Egypt. He loved philosophy and deep reasoning.
3. Now in those days, the Arabians had established Islam as their religion and they had taken many lands.
4. Egypt also had been taken by Islam, therefore they forced and punished those who still practised the ancient Egyptian religions.
5. Now Adom strove to protect the Coptic language of the Egyptian, because the muslims had imposed the Arabic language on them.
6. Now when Mustafa the Sultan under the Ottoman dynasty heard that there was one who philosophises in Egypt and also resisted the making of the Arabic language official in Egypt, he sent for Adom.
7. Now Mustafa said, tell me young man the reason why you reject the making of Arabic language official in your land.
8. Then Adom said, I am an Egyptian by birth and I do everything to preserve my language.
9. Now Mustafa was angry such that he twisted the neck of Adom immediately such that he died.
10. Then he said, they call me a mad man, therefore I will not cease to show my madness.
11. Henceforth let everyone who philosophizes or does anything scientifically in Egypt be brought before me and I will rid Egypt off these people who think that they are wiser than Allah.
12. So 208 philosophers and scientists were brought before Mustafa. Then Mustafa took the sword by himself and slaughtered them.
13. Then he commanded that no one in Egypt should speak the Coptic anymore, but everyone should learn Arabic language compulsorily.
14. So the Egyptians feared Mustafa greatly and they began to force themselves to speak Arabic such that the Coptic began to become obsolete in the land.
15. However, many of the Muslims did not like Mustafa, not because he killed the scientists and philosophers, but because he continued to do all the killings and executions by himself thereby polluting and defiling his position as the Sultan
16. Now a year after the death of the scientists, Mustafa was removed from being the Sultan and many people in Egypt rejoiced.
17. However, Murad his nephew who succeeded him did not cease to control and oppress the scientists and philosophers in Egypt and other countries in North Africa.

1 Like

Re: History Of Adom: Man Who Paid With His Life For Opposing 'arabicalizing' Egypt by 0temSapien: 7:51am On Aug 05, 2020
Be knowledgable

1 Like

Re: History Of Adom: Man Who Paid With His Life For Opposing 'arabicalizing' Egypt by OtemAtum: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2020
Truth be known

1 Like

Re: History Of Adom: Man Who Paid With His Life For Opposing 'arabicalizing' Egypt by OtemAtum: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2020
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Notice This? / That Curse Might Be Yours To Put Down But You Need To Know How / The Holy Spirit Is Same As The Father And Same As Jesus Christ, See Proof!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.