Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Who Deceived Us - Part Two - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Deceived Us - Part Two (182 Views)

Who Deceived Us - Part One / Who Deceived You? Flat Earth Doctrine!! / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Deceived Us - Part Two by Omojowofestus(m): 11:17am On Jul 29, 2020
WHO DECEIVED US? PART II
From the previous part,, the ministry of prayer is gradually being watered down. Where as, we do find time to eat and we won't say WE EAT TOO MUCH. We allocate part of our day to materialise carnal things without any thought of being too much. Why must it be prayer? Take it or leave it, if you're not praying, YOU'RE PROUD. It's just another way of saying GOD I DON'T NEED YOU.
PERTAINING TO HOLINESS: Talk of holiness before people nowadays; they will say, IT DOES NOT MATTER, CHRIST PAID/DID IT ALL. Agreed! He did it all. But is this a good reason to abandon that which he has committed to us. Don't forget Jesus said, "... MY FATHER WORKETH HITHERTO, AND I WORK -John:5:17". Shall we then say, the Scriptures which says, "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.-1 Peter:1:15-16", can be broken? God forbid!
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS FAR PAST: Please, I need an answer. Why should we be made to accept that righteousness is of old? That it's no longer relevant or required in the dealings of/with God. Okay ooo, continue YOU HEAR. If the righteousness Abraham, Enoch, the Prophets, the Apostles had is now old to us, then I prefer the old - righteousness. Just know this, "Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: BUT KNOW THOU, THAT FOR ALL THESE THINGS GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO JUDGMENT. Ecclesiastes:11:9". You must be righteous not just in words or deeds but in Truth as well. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous 1 John:3:7. Righteousness is a nature. If you're not; you cannot.
DON'T FEAR GOD: Another deception is making rounds, that we need not to fear God. Ha! Haba!! Why na? That God has not given us the spirit of fear. For sure this is true but don't let us put the cart before the horse �. Unarguably, God is Love. When we talk about fearing Him, that is the only fear permitted... We need and must fear Him... If we have little or minimum fear for God in Church today, we shouldn't be surprised if there's none in the world. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, YET SURELY I KNOW THAT IT SHALL BE WELL WITH THEM THAT FEAR GOD, WHICH FEAR BEFORE HIM: Ecclesiastes:8:12. See this - Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. FEAR GOD. Honour the king. 1 Peter:2:17. Saying with a loud voice, FEAR GOD, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation:14:7. Also according to Philippians 2:12, we must work out out salvation with FEAR and trembling.
I write you because I know the terror of the Lord. Therefore, I persuade you that you shouldn't give in to deception... Search the Scriptures and lay hold on that which is true and the TRUTH.
God bless us All.
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part Two by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
Omojowofestus:
WHO DECEIVED US? PART II
From the previous part,, the ministry of prayer is gradually being watered down. Where as, we do find time to eat and we won't say WE EAT TOO MUCH. We allocate part of our day to materialise carnal things without any thought of being too much. Why must it be prayer? Take it or leave it, if you're not praying, YOU'RE PROUD. It's just another way of saying GOD I DON'T NEED YOU.
There is no ministry of Prayer! There are commandments to pray and Jesus Christ was explicit about the How, When, and Where of it.
Praying will NEVER get anyone into the Kingdom of Jesus Christ... Only one thing will and that one thing is Obedience.... Obedience to the Commandments that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant of God.

Omojowofestus:
PERTAINING TO HOLINESS: Talk of holiness before people nowadays; they will say, IT DOES NOT MATTER, CHRIST PAID/DID IT ALL. Agreed! He did it all. But is this a good reason to abandon that which he has committed to us. Don't forget Jesus said, "... MY FATHER WORKETH HITHERTO, AND I WORK -John:5:17". Shall we then say, the Scriptures which says, "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.-1 Peter:1:15-16", can be broken? God forbid!
Again, most of those who claim to believe and preach these things have no real understanding of what it is that they refer to, and so it has only reasonable become hard to keep up with the faulty meanings that have instead been applied and that is the reason for the fatigue you see in the belief in these concepts. People are tired of being lied to.
First and foremost, What does Holiness mean as far as God is concerned? undecided
What does it mean to be Perfect as God is perfect? undecided

Omojowofestus:
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS FAR PAST: Please, I need an answer. Why should we be made to accept that righteousness is of old? That it's no longer relevant or required in the dealings of/with God. Okay ooo, continue YOU HEAR. If the righteousness Abraham, Enoch, the Prophets, the Apostles had is now old to us, then I prefer the old - righteousness. Just know this, "Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: BUT KNOW THOU, THAT FOR ALL THESE THINGS GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO JUDGMENT. Ecclesiastes:11:9". You must be righteous not just in words or deeds but in Truth as well. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous 1 John:3:7. Righteousness is a nature. If you're not; you cannot.
God never said Righteousness is Old. But how many people know and understand what Righteousness refers to as far as God is concerned?undecided
Can you tell us what Righteousness refers to? undecided
Omojowofestus:
DON'T FEAR GOD: Another deception is making rounds, that we need not to fear God. Ha! Haba!! Why na? That God has not given us the spirit of fear. For sure this is true but don't let us put the cart before the horse �. Unarguably, God is Love. When we talk about fearing Him, that is the only fear permitted... We need and must fear Him... If we have little or minimum fear for God in Church today, we shouldn't be surprised if there's none in the world. Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, YET SURELY I KNOW THAT IT SHALL BE WELL WITH THEM THAT FEAR GOD, WHICH FEAR BEFORE HIM: Ecclesiastes:8:12. See this - Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. FEAR GOD. Honour the king. 1 Peter:2:17. Saying with a loud voice, FEAR GOD, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation:14:7. Also according to Philippians 2:12, we must work out out salvation with FEAR and trembling.
I write you because I know the terror of the Lord. Therefore, I persuade you that you shouldn't give in to deception... Search the Scriptures and lay hold on that which is true and the TRUTH.
God bless us All.
It depends on how you choose to define this fear of God that you speak of.

Your fear of God is meaningless to God if it is not accompanied with a passion to do His Will. God has called man to one thing and one thing only, to Trust and Obey Him. The call to fear him is not that you cower in fear of Him, but that you put His Will and desires above yours as you Obey Him in all things.
Re: Who Deceived Us - Part Two by Omojowofestus(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no ministry of Prayer! There are commandments to pray and Jesus Christ was explicit about the How, When, and Where of it.
Praying will NEVER get anyone into the Kingdom of Jesus Christ... Only one thing will and that one thing is Obedience.... Obedience to the Commandments that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant of God.
God bless you sir for following through. Praying will not because of this, we shouldn't pray, I think? The prayers one failed to pray before Temptation comes, he would have to pray after Temptation but not with the same speed or response and confidence it would and should have been initially. Jesus prayed, Haba! And even in one of the prayers it was vividly written glaringly that, "...not my will but your will." Also, part of His will is that we call on Him... Should it be discarded?

Again, most of those who claim to believe and preach these things have no real understanding of what it is that they refer to, and so it has only reasonable become hard to keep up with the faulty meanings that have instead been applied and that is the reason for the fatigue you see in the belief in these concepts. People are tired of being lied to.
First and foremost, What does Holiness mean as far as God is concerned? undecided
What does it mean to be Perfect as God is perfect? undecided
Doing the will of God. That's loving what He loves and hating that which He hates. Jesus said, ma shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Here, we have obedience. This should be known that, even the good we claim to do or better still, the good or kindness we are doing becomes bad and evil when God says it is bad and we should stop. That people are tired is not a surprise and we shouldn't be amazed because Jesus said the love of many shall wax cold majorly because there will be deception. But we have been promised that we should be of good cheer the Saviour has overcome and we should continue to endure to the end. Not just to endure but to overcome.

God never said Righteousness is Old. But how many people know and understand what Righteousness refers to as far as God is concerned?undecided
Can you tell us what Righteousness refers to? undecided
It depends on how you choose to define this fear of God that you speak of.
Simply put, doing what is right before God. Agreed! Righteousness is not old. Therefore, we should not in any way accept any philosophy of men trying to tell us that it doesn't matter anymore. We must stand upon our watch.

Your fear of God is meaningless to God if it is not accompanied with a passion to do His Will. God has called man to one thing and one thing only, to Trust and Obey Him. The call to fear him is not that you cower in fear of Him, but that you put His Will and desires above yours as you Obey Him in all things.
The fear of God in this context is to obey Him. Serve Him in fear and trembling. This can be perfected in we loving Him. However, many have dwelt too much on the fear of God while others are at the exteme end of the love of God. We hear many preaching "a God without wrath that will bring people without sin into a kingdom without judgement by the ministration of a Christ without a cross." Which to us is no gospel at all. If you love me, Jesus said, you will keep my commandments. Also, when sending the disciples out on a mission, He said, "don't fear those that can kill the body and nothing more but Fear Him that can kill both the body and soul and cast them into hell."

God bless you Sir... I really appreciate you Sir. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you Sir...

Happy New Month in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Nn / Gospel Artist Yinka Ayefele Walks Again / God Set This Man To My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.