Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? (25069 Views)

We Sell Coated Peanut In Wholesale and retail. Our Location Is Abuja. / Is Uber Business In Abuja Still Profitable? / Making Agribusiness Lucrative For Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Krucifax(m): 12:06am On Jul 30, 2020
At OP .

Abuja is one of the fastest growing cities on the planet currently in terms of organic growth and population growth.

Hundreds of thousands of Nigerians fleeing insecurity in the north and congestion in the south are moving or planning to move to Abuja.

Abuja is also one of the top five states in Nigeria per GDP and economic activity.

From a business perspective Abuja presents unique opportunities due to the daily population growth and attendant demands that will need to be met for the population.

However there are serious factors to consider. Regulation and enforcement is high in Abuja. Unlike many states in Nigeria where you can just sit or stand by the road and sell anything for money Abuja is much stricter.

Contrary to popular opinion that Abuja is the most expensive state it is not. However there are certain things that come with an above average price tag in Abuja compared to other states.
Transportation in Abuja is generally cheaper than Lagos as is some services and goods especially those sourced from nearby northern states. However domestic and commercial property costs are generally prohibitive this is true for rental or purchase. This is also true for goods that have been routed via Lagos.

On average it's true that its easier to survive in Lagos or Delta or PH. Primarily because of the higher entry barriers to Abuja. But even this can be an unfair generalization. Abuja has sectors and regions dependent upon your financial buoyancy where you can comfortably slot in.

When people refer to scary expenses Abuja they're generally referring to core Abuja. By this I mean areas like, Asokoro,Maitama,Utako,Wuse,Garki etc. There are still many area in Abuja that the average earner could live. Like Kubwa,Lugbe,Gwarimpa etc.

Finally remember every new thing has a gestation period, where you'll be sorting out teething problems( getting customers, suppliers,raw material,funds,documentation etc.) If you do make the leap don't confuse this stage with a presumption of lack of viability.

Good luck and God speed

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by chukwuibuipob: 12:08am On Jul 30, 2020
DeLaRue:

Just out of interest, what's the problem with engaging in that type of business in Abuja.
This is 2020 not 80/90s.pipu now prefer ShopRite,GB,Jendo etc.Just drive ) walk around,you'll understand
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by yizastone(m): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2020
well it's very much lucrative, it's all dependent on the kind of business, location in Abuja, and ultimately how you go abt it...

Nissan pathfinder for sale; foreign used, very neat, msg or call for price and inspection. asap. 08029125842
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by sunmarouk(m): 12:22am On Jul 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Stop that pls. You just too negative. If he places targeted ads on Instagram and Facebook, he'll get customers.

You for go tell this bullshit to peeps selling in Wuse Market, Utako market na.

guy, he just said the truth. which nonsense targeted add is that, out of 100 people targeted, maybe only 3 might end up patronizing you(after pleading and assuring them seriously). The leading by hand or referal is the best bet. Even ordinary home teacher, if they don't know you, you will place targeted add and posters tire, thereby wasting your money, time and energy. Don't try argue, cos am speaking from experience as a business man & educationist.

for you to sell in wuse market, you must already have your dedicated customers, otherwise your money and materials will be tied down. 1year will reach without you making any reasonable sales and still need to renew shop rent worth millions

6 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 30, 2020
Cumtroller:
Oga please relocate your "Spare Parts" business to Ogun State.

Skull Mining is extremely prevalent in that axis. You will be overwhelmed with demand. Market will not move in Abuja.

Thank me later...

Na wa! And you still believe you've reached Adulthood? Go and shave that nonsense in your scrotum.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Liardon: 12:41am On Jul 30, 2020
iamadonis2:
I run a business in a small city. Right now, I'm planning to relocate to Abuja (accommodation guaranteed) and possibly relocate my business to Abuja.

My concern is, with the attendant cost of living and running a business in Abuja, will I still be assured of high revenue and profit for my business?

Abuja, shouldn’t be the question, is your mind still lucrative, that’s the right question

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by FamilyprideNig: 1:06am On Jul 30, 2020
iamadonis2:
I run a business in a small city. Right now, I'm planning to relocate to Abuja (accommodation guaranteed) and possibly relocate my business to Abuja.

My concern is, with the attendant cost of living and running a business in Abuja, will I still be assured of high revenue and profit for my business?

Specialization: Agricultural equipment

A North Dakota based dealership which sells used John Deere tractors is looking for an experienced Nigerian agricultural equipment importer/distributor to appoint as its local agent/distributor in the country.

Specialization: Food exports & Logistics Management

A company in California specializes in food exports and logistic management to about 40 countries. The company works closely with US manufacturers and suppliers such as Kraft Heinz, Peanut Butter & Co, Kinder’s, Sugar Bowl Bakery, Pik Nik, Starbucks Hot Cocoa and many more. In addition, the company also offers the consolidation services for the customers who want to try different products and maximize the container spaces. Kraft Heinz will be perfect for consolidation since they own numerous brands and products in different food categories. By clicking the links below, you can access the company's product catalogs:

Specialization: Automotive Products

A US company manufactures a broad range of automotive products including, chemical additives, lubricants, fuel and injector cleaners, car carpets/rugs, car covers, stirring wheel covers, chemical bonds, greases, degreasers, cleaning chemicals, batteries, polishes an many more. All these high quality products are made in the U.S. To see the company's full product catalog, the company is looking for a Nigerian distributor.

Specialization: Children's Clothings

Established in 1935, The company is located in the city of New York and is a well known manufacturer of children's clothing (dresses for little girls within the 7-16 age bracket). The company makes both customized and traditional designs. The company is interested in identifying and working with reputable Nigerian fashion dealers for its wide array of children's garments.

Specialization: Innovative hair, lash, skin and wellness products

The company manufactures a wide range of hair, lash, skin and wellness products including MD brands. The physician-formulated products are available throughout the U.S. and in dozens of countries worldwide. MD is a collection of innovative beauty care products utilizing the latest anti-aging technology.

For interested Corporate and private persons;

Kindly send mail of intent to familyprideng@gmail.com

Or call: 09058240935 for details.

Deadline for expression of intent is AUGUST 7th.

Thank you.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 1:07am On Jul 30, 2020
Well, if it's true your accommodation is guaranteed, then no worries at all you've solved 75% of Abuja's problems. The next thing's getting a Shop/Space (keeping in mind there'll be a few taxes and levies because IGR is taking very very very seriously)... Basically if you have all the above, you'll find business in Abuja both conducive and of course rewarding... Cheers and good luck...
iamadonis2:

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 1:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Liardon:

Abuja, shouldn’t be the question, is your mind still lucrative, that’s the right question
Of course, why wouldn't it? It's like his mind is made up already and his only issue is what he stated above... what do you mean by " is his mind still lucrative" BTW??
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by MiddleDimension: 2:01am On Jul 30, 2020
even the real estate is stalled especially now.
Duru9:
The only lucrative business here is real estate and side chick to married men

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by tafat: 2:31am On Jul 30, 2020
it depends on the business in question, e.g selling cold wears in Abuja wont really sell like selling cold drinks cos Abuja is hot. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by favour32(m): 2:39am On Jul 30, 2020
Look before you leap.
Nigeria nor be where dem dey make business or financial mistake.

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by PaulH07: 3:23am On Jul 30, 2020
sexylassie2:
If you are making your cash in your city, don't leave for abuja.

Abuja is not a business or hustling city.

For example, you can not compare computer village in Lagos with zone 3( abuja computer village) Or even the phone village in wuse market to computer village.

It is hard to find jobs for job seeker in abj even govt job is hard.

Abuja was built for civil servants and politics not business.

Lagos,PH and kano are the commercial cities in Nigeria..the rest are doing catching up.

I told someone I always enjoy Kano more than Abuja, the guy dey look me one kain. PH sef bam wella...Abuja na very boring place meen...

3 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by juniorstar(m): 4:27am On Jul 30, 2020
ayenale1:

That a wrong notion please, Ogun state is the most industrlize state in Nigeria and one of the most peaceful in Nigeria, the people of Ogun state are welcoming, accomodating, peaceful and hardworking, every state have their own challenges and that should not be used as weakness.
I fear who no fear ogun...land of skull miners. no week passes without a murder or missing person
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by walkwithgod(m): 4:42am On Jul 30, 2020
davidhobo:

Hehehehe..hunger na hin go khee u here o.

Na only Runz girls full here, those are the ones you can access. They dont have money, just enough for skimpy clothes.

The women that have money, you cant even access them. You only see them drive by in flashy cars, you cant go to their offices or homes, and you wont even be able to meet them in churches either.

Abuja is by connect and network,.someone must hold you by the hand and drsg along into a place, clique or gathering.

Perhaps in conferences amd exhibitions only, you can meet women who.have luxuty taste. But, problem is-you/yourself cant even be near those places, you wont even know such events held at Transcorp or Sheraton till you watch the highlights on TV.

Where do you intend to set up shop by way?

You can come and sell okrika or OK or used clothes in maraba, nyanyan, kubwa, one man village, dei dei, to women and you will see good money, but luxury items?

Which luxury item you wan come from Calabar come sell Abuja woman? Alhaji wife wey dey go Dubai every week? Or Senator girlfriend wey dey go Malay? Or women who have contacts in Lagos and Joburg?

You go trek tire,o,. Maraba, Nyanyan, Kubwa, Gwagwalada na hin sure for u pass

lol, this your comment bam die.

You Sabi all the settings finish for abj, na runz be the lucrative business for there now as sex costs as much as 100k a night.

Most 9 - 5'ers and civil servants CANNOT afford pay rent in Abuja, they live on the outskirts / neighbouring states.

Lagos is still the best place to do business, you don't even need a shop. All you need is a Facebook and Instagram account...run ads like a pro. You go cashout, na wetin people dey do now.

4 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Maliqcious: 5:38am On Jul 30, 2020
Evilgenuis:
Abuja is operated.
If you want to do well in abj you need the following:
1. Luck
2. Capital
3. Package
4. Area in abuja(wuse and bwari are not the same, but all is Abj.

Number 1 will sound funny but my brother you need it...in your choice of location, type of business, Because whatever you want to sell, know that somebody is already selling it.
no 1 is a monopoly of a product.it like that too in Lagos and people still do very..
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Maliqcious: 5:47am On Jul 30, 2020
What i know his Abuja is very lucrative. People do have a way of saying what they know. All it takes is getting a certain number of people that are willing to buy your stuff the rest is history. Delivery system thrives well online marketting too especial this current covid 19 episode. Depending on the business.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Ladycewhy(f): 5:59am On Jul 30, 2020
Rgade:

It came from a pained heart tho
I understand your pain. Funny enough if it was a white man still ruling us ,we will be shouting apartheid.i heard they sold Nigeria to China already.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Op80: 6:07am On Jul 30, 2020
Reach out to me for your female jewelries. I can send to your locations if need arises based on arrangements. Trade fare complex is the point of Call. 0902 533 4249
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Why not stay grow in your familiar environment, you don't relocate your business when it is doing well, you rather expand.

Abuja is not what it used to be 20years ago, money is concentrated in very few hands and these guys don't patronize local business.

Remember more revenue in a big city is accompanied by more expenses, you may discover that you re not making profit.

Did a consultancy business there years ago, there are no repeat clients, every body packages in abj even the politicians, they have money alright but lack the integrity to pay their debts.

only well connected syndicates flourish in abj, if you re linked to them good for you.

7 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Emylex: 6:24am On Jul 30, 2020
Abuja is overrated,you better stay where you are

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by MiddleDimension: 6:28am On Jul 30, 2020
who on earth compares Abuja to Lagos when it comes to business?
who compares a place dominated by civil servants to a place dominated by entrepreneurs!

4 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by MiddleDimension: 6:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Emylex:
Abuja is overrated,you better stay where you are
so overrated.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Vectorex(f): 6:30am On Jul 30, 2020
I learned a lot wowww

And my mum was planning to relocate to abuja

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Poshioke(m): 6:56am On Jul 30, 2020
Note ooh,suleja,Madalla and maraba no be abuja ooh so you better calculate your self well.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by PastorFire: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2020
Rgade:
Hmm... I don't know about lucrative,but I honestly can't stay in the same city with buhari.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by flyingpig: 7:09am On Jul 30, 2020
Rgade:
Hmm... I don't know about lucrative,but I honestly can't stay in the same city with buhari.
lmao

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by TheCountry: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2020
Hey, looking for facebook account to buy for your facebook business. Its 4years old now, send me a mail at destinyrchl22@gmail.com or call/text 07039796024 if interested.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by YelloweWest: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2020
iamadonis2:

Calabar. And I'm into female luxury items.
Lagos would be better for u.

Rent in abj alone will wipe out your capital.

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Poshioke(m): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2020
Madalla suleja and maraba are not abuja, better calculate your self.

3 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by MrigweC(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2020
iamadonis2:

It depends on the kind of business you are doing,
Accommodation is the top priority here because the house here is kinda expensive and still depends on the area you are in Abuja.
You need luck my brother
The right set of friends
Then package wella
Which area do you intend staying? ?
I stay in kubwa

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by oyigah(m): 7:49am On Jul 30, 2020
It's called GRACE!!!
Evilgenuis:
Abuja is operated.
If you want to do well in abj you need the following:
1. Luck
2. Capital
3. Package
4. Area in abuja(wuse and bwari are not the same, but all is Abj.

Number 1 will sound funny but my brother you need it...in your choice of location, type of business, Because whatever you want to sell, know that somebody is already selling it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience With A Corporate Begger / Youths Seal Oil Company In Rivers With Juju Over Negligence(pics) / Man Returns N30,000 Wrongly Dispensed To Him By Diamond Bank ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.