Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' (5457 Views)

Did Martin Luther Really Regret Starting The Reformation? / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift / Martin Luther King Jnr Had All Night Sex Orgy At A Workshop Before Death-fbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

How correct is the message when the messenger’s thinking is flawed?

They had some “rational” ideas and plenty “irrational”.

Are there any thinkers that have no flaws?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by kkins25(m): 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:
I finally got to the end of the Introduction and I'm about to start Part One. The introduction is 64 pages and I read it 7 times (to the end only twice), and in fact had to cheat.

I found the hardcopy has far too much untranslated Greek and Latin, so I had to keep checking meanings which made it unreadable. Then I found someone to translate the Greek and Latin as he read it to me and the book revealed itself to be more profound than I thought.

You may want to cheat as I did so here is a link to my reader.
Ahh, it's online streaming!
I'd have to find a way to get downloadable version. This my network that I have to go ND sit outside to be able to use.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2021
kkins25:

Ahh, it's online streaming!
I'd have to find a way to get downloadable version. This my network that I have to go ND sit outside to be able to use.

£42:29 on audible!

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2021
LordReed:

Who determines what the flaw is or what the flaws are?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 12:16am On Feb 28, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Who determines what the flaw is or what the flaws are?

Human beings.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Image123(m): 12:18am On Feb 28, 2021
LordReed:

All are sinners, right one there. All need a Saviour but are proud, dead and without wisdom.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Image123(m): 12:18am On Feb 28, 2021
LordReed:

Human beings.

Or rather fickle beings.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by kkins25(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2021
budaatum:

£42:29 on audible!
Streaming it is!!! grin grin grin.
I love streaming!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 10:17am On Feb 28, 2021
kkins25:
Streaming it is!!! grin grin grin.
I love streaming!!!

That is exactly what I thought. Lol! But I'm now thinking of buying it just for you.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by kkins25(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
budaatum:

That is exactly what I thought. Lol! But I'm now thinking of buying it just for you.
wait hold on ohh.. Let me check for a free one first. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
budaatum:

Please do not c'mon buda me! Have you not read many books knowing nothing at all about the author? I myself was so poor growing up, I even read books with the cover and title missing, some were even just half the book. And I bet you have read more books knowing nothing about the author, unless you want to claim you research the author of books first.

Second, not all books are preaching or for practice. Things Fall Apart would be an example. Gibbon's The Decline and Fall of Rome is another, both unpractisable even if you tried really really hard.

Third. Some practises are just not worth practising. I've read Mein Kampf, for instance, but I doubt you'd think I plan to build gas chambers, or do you think I will? I've also read a book about brain surgery but I do not plan to touch your brain.

Fourth. Do you seriously think reading a book is for practise alone even if it preaches? I mean, have you not seen Bible and Quran readers stealing or killing or lying? They both do preach in the book that one should not do these things, or are you not aware of this fact?

Fifth. You must really think one is brainless, and can not read a book with ones own critical mind and is a sheep who just practises everything one reads. That might explain why you think buda is a believer despite buda telling you to the contrary.

Sixth. Or some sort of superhuman being with many abilities and skills because I do read very very widely and doubt I can practise all that I read.

Preach what you practice might apply if I wrote the book aadozia, but you'll find I am reading, and I do have a mind of my own.

Do let me know how you disagree now because I suspect you are bound to.
cheesy cheesy
I find it absolutely ridiculous that you put forward a hodgepodge of incongruous analogies and instances just to justify your dishonesty. We're talking about individuals whose supposed ideological propagations, which have brought them relentless publicity, are in brazen contradictions of their lifestyles. These individuals are so famous that you are proud to quote them, and would even go to the length of opening a reverent public discourse about them but here you are citing people I know nothing of, erring believers and so on.
I could eat with with shekau if I didn't know him or know of him, but I do. So it would be foolish of me to go about quoting him on a supposed message of peacefull coexistence between the North and the South if such was ever ascribed to him.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
SegFault:

As far as his teaching carries something for me, everyone has a message that can attract you even a mad man on the streets does, as a critical thinker it is left for you to listen and take the ones that appeal to you. It is only when a man foolishly believes in a man that you ought to remind him that the person is just a man.
Yeah, right. I hear shekau has condemned the kidnapping of school children in Zamfara given a message of peace.. Jokers
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
aadoiza:

cheesy cheesy
I find it absolutely ridiculous that you put forward a hodgepodge of incongruous analogies and instances just to justify your dishonesty. We're talking about individuals whose supposed ideological propagations, which have brought them relentless publicity, are in brazen contradictions of their lifestyles. These individuals are so famous that you are proud to quote them, and would even go to the length of opening a reverent public discourse about them but here you are citing people I know nothing of, erring believers and so on.
I could eat with with shekau if I didn't know him or know of him, but I do. So it would be foolish of me to go about quoting him on a supposed message of peacefull coexistence between the North and the South if such was ever ascribed to him.

Aadozia, you are going to have to forgive me, but I guess I'm just not on your level. I don't think reading Shekau means I am eating with Shekau or will make me become Shekau because I do have a mind and know how to use it. I after all have read the Bible and do quote it a lot but that does not mean I have become God.

Please know that I am not asking you to read what you do not want to read and I do not need your permission to read whatever I want to read.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
aadoiza:

C'mon, buda. Who you are takes precedence over your message. Would it not be considered delusion or deception if an infamous rapist went about preaching chivalry? To coin a phrase, buda: preach what you practice.

What is rational is rational no matter who is saying it.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
budaatum:

Aadozia, you are going to have to forgive me, but I guess I'm just not on your level. I don't think reading Shekau means I am eating with Shekau or will make me become Shekau because I do have a mind and know how to use it. I after all have read the Bible and do quote it a lot but that does not mean I have become God.

Please know that I am not asking you to read what you do not want to read and I do not need your permission to read whatever I want to read.

You almost always get things mixed up. O ga o.
The day the so-called educated programmed people in Africa break free of their education programming, that is the day Africa's problems begin to solve.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
LordReed:

It is not the message per se but the deep-rooted contradiction which forms the essence of the messenger.

If I cooked delicious fried rice for you in a face-me-i-face-you pit latrine of old would you eat it?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
aadoiza:

It is not the message per se but the deep-rooted contradiction which forms the essence of the messenger.

If I cooked delicious fried rice for you in a face-me-i-face-you pit latrine of old would you eat it?

More like if you had shit stained hands and was handing me a cookie would I eat it, no I won't but that is not the case here. Rational thought doesn't get "stained" by the messenger however our receptivity to it might be negatively affected but again that is a different thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
LordReed:

More like if you had shit stained hands and was handing me a cookie would I eat it, no I won't but that is not the case here. Rational thought doesn't get "stained" by the messenger however our receptivity to it might be negatively affected but again that is a different thing.

Receptivity? Aadozia has not read a single word in the book, so how can you be talking to him about receptivity, lol. And he sure is not going to receive from buda, he thinks, so he covers his eyes so he will not see.

My Lord, I will invite you when he does see though just so we can laugh at him. You know I plan to make him because my life depends on it. grin

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
aadoiza:

You almost always get things mixed up. O ga o.
The day the so-called educated programmed people in Africa break free of their education programming, that is the day Africa's problems begin to solve.
What is your point?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
aadoiza:

Yeah, right. I hear shekau has condemned the kidnapping of school children in Zamfara given a message of peace.. Jokers
You are obviously here to twist words, I wonder how that relates with philosophy and discourse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
LordReed:

I don't know what's so hard to understand in that, if shekau as he has said says something that provokes thought. I will still listen. People like that don't know what they have missed if they could listen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What is your point?

Maybe you can drag it out of him. The rest of us have "cooked delicious (though I wonder how he knows this having never tasted any of it) fried rice for you in a face-me-i-face-you pit latrine of old" and appear to be asking him to eat it.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
SegFault:

You are obviously here to twist words, I wonder how that relates with philosophy and discourse.
I'm an giving an instance on why the "who" matters more but you're pretending to only see word-twisting. Someone who enjoys practising open defecation is giving a lecture on environmental sanitation, and you expect me to listen to them? Abi what does hypocrisy mean these days.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What is your point?
Although the last sentence wasn't necessary but I wrote it anyway 'cos of the implicit servile reverence for oyinbo ideology oozing from our erudite lecturers here.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
LordReed:

You should have answered yes or no rather than conjuring up this circumlocution.
Anyone with a tad bit of rational thought in their head would be found swimming in the cesspit of racism.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
budaatum:

Receptivity? Aadozia has not read a single word in the book, so how can you be talking to him about receptivity, lol. And he sure is not going to receive from buda, he thinks, so he covers his eyes so he will not see.

My Lord, I will invite you when he does see though just so we can laugh at him. You know I plan to make him because my life depends on it. grin
You see life for outside again, buda. If you hadn't read the humbugery of a book you wouldn't have known what receptivity entails. SMH
HellVictorinho, these are the type of programmed lot to which "unnecessary" statement was referring.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 6:22am On Mar 01, 2021
aadoiza:

You should have answered yes or no rather than conjuring up this circumlocution.
Anyone with a tad bit of rational thought in their head would be found swimming in the cesspit of racism.

Maybe you should read it again because I did answer no. Don't be so quick to dismiss things because they seem at odds with what you want to hear, that is exactly what you being accused of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 6:24am On Mar 01, 2021
aadoiza:

I'm an giving an instance on why the "who" matters more but you're pretending to only see word-twisting. Someone who enjoys practising open defecation is giving a lecture on environmental sanitation, and you expect me to listen to them? Abi what does hypocrisy mean these days.

Is this not the receptivity I mentioned? Is environmental sanitation wrong because the person who says it is a hypocrite?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 01, 2021
aadoiza:

There is nothing wrong with that, so because this person that defecates openly tells you about the importance of cleaning your environment you wouldn't do it, even when he tells you it will make your surroundings close to mosquito free. This is interesting. So if a drug addict tells you to stay away from drugs and opens your mind to unknown effects from these drugs you will still take them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 01, 2021
LordReed:

Is this not the receptivity I mentioned? Is environmental sanitation wrong because the person who says it is a hypocrite?
Leave him, in his dire need to make mockery of others he's making a fool of himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by LordReed(m): 7:59am On Mar 01, 2021
SegFault:

Leave him, in his dire need to make mockery of others he's making a fool of himself.

It's exactly what we are saying, resisting the information because it is from a source you don't like. If he even looks well, he'll see we actually agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 01, 2021
LordReed:

It's exactly what we are saying, resisting the information because it is from a source you don't like. If he even looks well, he'll see we actually agree.
People like that just argue without seeing the other side of the argument.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd Laughs Hysterically As Richard Dawkins Flounder With Meaning Of Nothing / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. / (PICTURES)Grand Opening Of Oyedepo’s Largest Auditorium In East & Central Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.