Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' (5454 Views)

Did Martin Luther Really Regret Starting The Reformation? / Prophet Martin Kofi Danso Impregnates Church Member, After Private Jet Gift / Martin Luther King Jnr Had All Night Sex Orgy At A Workshop Before Death-fbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

What makes you think I haven’t read or even know some of the inspiration of your European masters. I don’t make the mistake of placing them on a pedestal because I, lol, understand what and who they are.

Yeah. We believe you.

Martian:

Didn’t know he had a card. Thanks
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

Categorical imperative, I hope you know what it means, see this thread was peaceful don't stir up nonsense.

It's my categorical imperative to expose all sides of issues because you guys have praised these people to high heavens. Just want to give people who aren't as well learned as you gentlemen who it is you praise.
budaatum:

You place them on pedestals Martian just so you can convince yourself you take them off. Its called the strawman fallacy, go look it up

buda, as you can clearly, does not live by bread alone. Those who do become malnourished.

Are you a lady?
budaatum:

Yeah. We believe you.

I understand you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

It's my categorical imperative to expose all sides of issues because you guys have praised these people to high heavens. Just want to give people who aren't as well learned as you gentlemen who it is you praise.
Point out where we praised them in particular.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

We read these messages not because of the messenger but the message means we see something in these messages that you might not see, if you are looking for[b] blm people or Afrocentric People [/b]who just cancel because the herd does that or because they don't want to think for themselves,.

You sound like an Eurocentric white delusionist who imply that any idea (true or false) that doesn't place Europeans at the forefront is "Afrocentric" or "BLM".

As for Black Lives Matter. You criticizing BLM out of context shows that your mind has already been violated by the European racists.
People of African descent in America have a right, and are correct, to criticize institutionalized racism that too often causes needless death at the hands of cowardly European Americans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

That is the first problem, people like Schopenhauer might have read it wrongly self.

And Schopenhauer read it. So imagine these people who have not even bothered.

You should read some of my stuff on Genesis. My position is that no entity can be a God and prefer Adam and Eve to be ignorant and susceptible to an entity called satan.

budaatum:

Gained from a lot of reading and reasoning with an open mind I daresay, instead of believing the junk and lies peddled about it. I mean, take how people do wuruwuru to claim Adam and Eve who went on to live like 800 years after eating the fruit died as the God said they would. A child would raise eyebrows if you tell it to believe such a lie I would think, but many grown ups seem to just accept it without thinking. I find such brainlessness unacceptable!

The Kingdom of God is not found in a book, Shade. That's why the scholars in Christ time never found it despite all their study. Christ told a most profound truth when he told you where to seek it once you understand what it is you seek. Just become a child and you will understand.

Below are some links on the subject. If you hold me in your prayers perhaps the Lord God will empower me to write a book about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6301141/emancipate-yourself-slavery-ignorance

https://www.nairaland.com/4960881/garden-eden-childs-view

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Are you a lady?

What has that got to do with this?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

It's my categorical imperative to expose all sides of issues because you guys have praised these people to high heavens.
I so wish you would open your eyes to see that we are more concerned with what they wrote than who they are.

Trust me that if I care about who people are I would not waste my time with Martians!
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

What has that got to do with this?
I just want to know.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

I so wish you would open your eyes to see that we are more concerned with what they wrote than who they are.

Trust me that if I care about who people are I would not waste my time with Martians!

If you would open your eyes and your mind you would be concerned with both who and what because who influences what.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

You sound like an Eurocentric white delusionist who imply that any idea (true or false) that doesn't place Europeans at the forefront is "Afrocentric" or "BLM".

As for Black Lives Matter. You criticizing BLM out of context shows that your mind has already been violated by the European racists.
People of African descent in America have a right, and are correct, to criticize institutionalized racism that too often causes needless death at the hands of cowardly European Americans
I went through your past posts and understand why you are pained, now I have no issue with anyone protesting against racism, but when you loot burn and kill, when you go out of your way to make it look like you are always the victims, when you cancel and shut out all others who try to question your views, you have taken it too far, one thing about me is that I am not a liberal or conservative, but an individualist who believes in critical Thinking and asking questions, I'm neither hear or there, if you have something to say and after all my criticisms I find nothing wrong, good. I already know your reaction because I have gone through your posts, so this might be the last I reply you a good day to you my man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I didn't say there is nothing in it.
I only said it cannot change what I've stated before.

And O very wise you hell know this without even seeing a single page of the book?

May I too develop your superpower when I grow up, but odd enough, the first 60 or so pages I've read are saying "don't believe all the crap inside your head without testing so you may know", but I guess you will not bother, lol.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

And O very wise you hell know this without even seeing a single page of the book?

May I too develop your superpower when I grow up, but odd enough, the first 60 or so pages I've read are saying "don't believe all the crap inside your head without testing so you may know", but I guess you will not bother, lol.

I am certain of what I have stated.
I don't have to test what I know.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

I went through your past posts and understand why you are pained, now I have no issue with anyone protesting against racism, but when you loot burn and kill, when you go out of your way to make it look like you are always the victims, when you cancel and shut out all others who try to question your views, you have taken it too far, one thing about me is that I am not a liberal or conservative, but an individualist who believes in critical Thinking and asking questions, I'm neither hear or there, if you have something to say and after all my criticisms I find nothing wrong, good. I already know your reaction because I have gone through your posts, so this might be the last I reply you a good day to you my man.

Like I said, you don’t know what you’re talking about. All you’re doing is repeating Fox News propaganda about looting and rioting that they conflate with the legit and rational protestS.You don’t live here, so this is a waste of my time.

Just know that your “looting and rioting” accusations come from the same place as “the election was stolen”. Congratulations, you’re now kin with Dcatt and Olaadegbu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

You are not the only indivilualist.
What makes you think Martian is not an individualist?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

Like I said, you don’t know what you’re talking about. All you’re doing is repeating Fox News propaganda about looting and rioting that they conflate with the legit and rational protestS.You don’t live here, so this is a waste of my time.

Just know that your “looting and rioting” accusations come from the same place as “the election was stolen”. Congratulations, you’re now kin with Dcatt and Olaadegbu.
Do Nigerians even have Fox News?
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

If you would open your eyes and your mind you would be concerned with both who and what because who influences what.

That's why I can tell you he was a card carrying Nazi, my open eyed concern for 'who'. And now I'm reading the book for the 'what', unlike you who stops at the 'who'.

Do know that next and also is 'why' and 'where' and 'when' and 'how'. It's called Learning.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

That's why I can tell you he was a card carrying Nazi, my open eyed concern for 'who'. And now I'm reading the book for the 'what', unlike you who stops at the 'who'.

Do know that next and also is 'why' and 'where' and 'when' and 'how'. It's called Learning.

I don’t stop at who. I seek to understand why who is the way it is and why it wrote (or in the case of your Jesus, allegedly said”) what.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

Do Nigerians even have Fox News?

The propaganda gets across the pond judging by the asinine shit you’re saying.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

I don’t stop at who. I seek to understand why who is the way it is and why it wrote (or in the case of your Jesus, allegedly said”) what.

Jesus, in your opinion, now is buda's "your Jesus", Martian?

Trust me when I say I am beginning to believe there is something wrong with Martians, but I've only met one so can not really tell yet. What I do know is that you have definitely not done 'who' or 'what' or any of the 'w's or 'how' where buda is concerned, but have just made up crap in your head and claimed you know, and I would be most delighted if you correct this about yourself, but if you do not, buda lives.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

Jesus, in your opinion, now is buda's "your Jesus", Martian?

Trust me when I say I am beginning to believe there is something wrong with Martians, but I've only met one so can not really tell yet. What I do know is that you have definitely not done 'who' or 'what' or any of the 'w's or 'how' where buda is concerned, but have just made up crap in your head and claimed you know, and I would be most delighted if you correct this about yourself, but if you do not, buda lives.
One thing I love about you is your calm sarcasm. The guy is obviously bored and looking for who to have a go at, I'm no longer indulging him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

One thing I love about you is your calm sarcasm. The guy is obviously bored and looking for who to have a go at, I'm no longer indulging him.
Oh, I indulge him, especially since he follows me from thread to thread quoting to challenge me. But how he thinks he can challenge me about books he never reads is amusing, as he wants to tell be what a book he never read is about. Its like he wants to be my pastor and subjugate me so I worship at his feet. He does not realise that it is reading that actually sets one free.

His strategy is to jump in and muddy conversations with insults while refusing to realise that he does not listen to himself so I do not expect him to hear me. He then disappears thinking he has said something sensible when the truth is he has been drowned in superior thought but is too arrogant to admit it.

Our words are here for him to reflect on someday, which, if he lives long enough, he surely will. We have been at it for a while now and my hope for him still springs with eternal patience.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

Oh, I indulge him, especially since he follows me from thread to thread quoting to challenge me. But how he thinks he can challenge me about books he never reads is amusing, as he wants to tell be what a book he never read is about. Its like he wants to be my pastor and subjugate me so I worship at his feet. He does not realise that it is reading that actually sets one free.

His strategy is to jump in and muddy conversations with insults while refusing to realise that he does not listen to himself so I do not expect him to hear me. He then disappears thinking he has said something sensible when the truth is he has been drowned in superior thought but is too arrogant to admit it.

Our words are here for him to reflect on someday, which, if he lives long enough, he surely will. We have been at it for a while now and my hope for him still springs with eternal patience.

I bow to your superior thought. It is a sight to behold. Now, let me disappe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
Martian:

I bow to your superior thought. It is a sight to behold. Now, let me disappear

As I always say, till the next time, Martian.

Meanwhile, do not place buda on a pedestal. So we both will continue to learn.

1 Like

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

As I always say, till the next time, Martian.

Meanwhile, do not place buda on a pedestal. So we both will continue to learn.

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by aadoiza: 7:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:

C'mon, buda. Who you are takes precedence over your message. Would it not be considered delusion or deception if an infamous rapist went about preaching chivalry? To coin a phrase, buda: preach what you practice.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
aadoiza:

C'mon, buda. Who you are takes precedence over your message. Would it not be considered delusion or deception if an infamous rapist went about preaching chivalry? To coin a phrase, buda: preach what you practice.

Please do not c'mon buda me! Have you not read many books knowing nothing at all about the author? I myself was so poor growing up, I even read books with the cover and title missing, some were even just half the book. And I bet you have read more books knowing nothing about the author, unless you want to claim you research the author of books first.

Second, not all books are preaching or for practice. Things Fall Apart would be an example. Gibbon's The Decline and Fall of Rome is another, both unpractisable even if you tried really really hard.

Third. Some practises are just not worth practising. I've read Mein Kampf, for instance, but I doubt you'd think I plan to build gas chambers, or do you think I will? I've also read a book about brain surgery but I do not plan to touch your brain.

Fourth. Do you seriously think reading a book is for practise alone even if it preaches? I mean, have you not seen Bible and Quran readers stealing or killing or lying? They both do preach in the book that one should not do these things, or are you not aware of this fact?

Fifth. You must really think one is brainless, and can not read a book with ones own critical mind and is a sheep who just practises everything one reads. That might explain why you think buda is a believer despite buda telling you to the contrary.

Sixth. Or some sort of superhuman being with many abilities and skills because I do read very very widely and doubt I can practise all that I read.

Preach what you practice might apply if I wrote the book aadozia, but you'll find I am reading, and I do have a mind of my own.

Do let me know how you disagree now because I suspect you are bound to.
Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2021
aadoiza:

As far as his teaching carries something for me, everyone has a message that can attract you even a mad man on the streets does, as a critical thinker it is left for you to listen and take the ones that appeal to you. It is only when a man foolishly believes in a man that you ought to remind him that the person is just a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by kkins25(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2021
budaatum:
I finally got to the end of the Introduction and I'm about to start Part One. The introduction is 64 pages and I read it 7 times (to the end only twice), and in fact had to cheat.

I found the hardcopy has far too much untranslated Greek and Latin, so I had to keep checking meanings which made it unreadable. Then I found someone to translate the Greek and Latin as he read it to me and the book revealed itself to be more profound than I thought.

You may want to cheat as I did so here is a link to my reader.

I didn't see this till now, I was just curious what arguement with Martian had gone on for 2 pages.

I think in this case cheat would be nice. After all, it is written; "if thou canst beat them then ye must join them"..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault:

As far as his teaching carries something for me, everyone has a message that can attract you even a mad man on the streets does, as a critical thinker it is left for you to listen and take the ones that appeal to you. It is only when a man foolishly believes in a man that you ought to remind him that the person is just a man.

Thing is, he calls it preaching, as if 'being told how to live and what to do' is the only sort of books he knows.

Aadozia, have you never come across a book that just provokes you to think, or one that simply asks you to consider a thing or just informs you of something you were never aware of like a Philosophy book which presents the author's study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality and existence for you to read and simply consider with your own faculties?

2 Likes

Re: Being And Time - Martin Heidegger' by budaatum: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegFault, maybe that's the issue. Perhaps they think one does not think critically, so let me teach them that one must so they might too.

https://www.nairaland.com/4923036/learn-reason-critically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is The Black Man The Most Undesired Man In This Satan Controlled World ? / Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – / There Is No Heaven Or Hell. This Is What Happens When We Die (Images & Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.