Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,675 members, 7,862,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

Date Questions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Date Questions (278 Views)

First Date Questions ... / What Are Some Good First Date Questions To Get To Know Someone? / 18 First Date Questions From The Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Date Questions by sisi89: 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hi everyone

I need some help. What are good questions for the first few dates. Casual, getting to know you questions? Any questions off limit for you?

I don’t want to be forward but want to learn more about my date. Any tips
Re: Date Questions by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
- whats important to you?
- what interests you?
- what would you like to know about this babe?

whatever the above may be then as you and the babe meet/talk and have fun together (just like you would with your boys) then wait until the babe is comfortable around you, and when the moment is right, drop the above questions in.
you dont need to be direct about it (this isnt a police interrogation), just find a clever way to talk about yourself and then ask for her own:

for example, you tell the babe: "i love to talk and get to know someone in person, over the phone is not the same as looking at someone's eyes and reaction when you ask certain questions.... i think communication and honesty is important in a friendship, let alone a r/ship.... what do you believe is important in a r/ship?

1 Like

Re: Date Questions by sisi89: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Thank you. This feels like maybe a few dates on. How do you get the person comfortable first? Just have fun together like you said - what type of questions are good or would you recommend.

What interests you is quite generic.

What do you want to know?

MrBrownJay1:
- whats important to you?
- what interests you?
- what would you like to know about this babe?

whatever the above may be then as you and the babe meet/talk and have fun together (just like you would with your boys) then wait until the babe is comfortable around you, and when the moment is right, drop the above questions in.
you dont need to be direct about it (this isnt a police interrogation), just find a clever way to talk about yourself and then ask for her own:

for example, you tell the babe: "i love to talk and get to know someone in person, over the phone is not the same as looking at someone's eyes and reaction when you ask certain questions.... i think communication and honesty is important in a friendship, let alone a r/ship.... what do you believe is important in a r/ship?

Re: Date Questions by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2020
sisi89:
Thank you. This feels like maybe a few dates on. How do you get the person comfortable first? Just have fun together like you said - what type of questions are good or would you recommend.

there are no generic question that will work for everyone...and even if there was, it would be boring to listen to the same thing each and everytime you meet someone new. you have to FEEL the person, FEEL where you guys are going. some people are shy and you would approach them differently than an outgoing fun witty person. two dates can never be the same. you just have to be confident/comfortable enough to approach that person.

making someone laugh is a great way to make someone get comfortable around you, your surrounding is also important... a date is just the same as when you meet your friends, no big deal. approaching a date as something serious (while it aint) is a sure way "for you" to NOT be comfortable.
chill, relax, have a smile and take it as it comes.

"what interests you" isnt that generic at all... if someone asked you: what do you like to do on your free time? what are you passionate about? whats a fun/great day for you? would be the exact same question in a different format...

1 Like

Re: Date Questions by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2020
sisi89:

follow MrBrownJay1's advice and you won't go wrong.
Firstly, you have to calm down. Dating isn't rocket science. Ask casual questions, get to know eachother. Bring your interest to the table and ask her to do the same. From music to books, movies or favorite cuisine, anything goes. You would find out that you both like a particular topic, common ground that would draw you guys together.
Just be at ease and don't over do it. So it wouldn't get weird. Best of luck! wink

3 Likes

Re: Date Questions by sisi89: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Thanks gentlemen. Really helpful. Don’t want to overthink it or be boring.

(1) (Reply)

Ebenezer Obey Criticized Rich Men Who Marry Young Ladies Leading Them To Death / . / Women Are Expert In Multitasking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.