Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Be Heavenly Conscious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Heavenly Conscious (605 Views)

5 Things You Should Be Conscious Of In 2023 / Be Heavenly Conscious / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Heavenly Conscious by Missyajoke(f): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
If you ask people questions is heaven real? some will say it's a fictitious. You're free to believe whatever you want to believe. But am here to talk about being Heavenly conscious.
A lot of us just don't think much about heaven. If I were to take a survey asking the question, "Have you thought seriously about heaven in the last week?"

Heaven is, after all, difficult to envision. Heaven is a beautiful place. It’s a real place that is so wonderful that it defies description. It’s where we should want to spend eternity. It's so different from what we experience now, and so much better, that it's just plain hard to imagine.
heaven reminds us that we are not going to live forever. We are going to die someday and leave our loved ones behind. We are going to stand before a righteous and holy God and give an account. That's not something we always want to think about.
The narrow road, on the other hand, leads to heaven. Traveling on that road is difficult because it goes against the grain of society, the tide of all pleasures, and the sins of this world. On this road there is fun and laughter, too. But there is a sense of destiny, a distinction of hope, an assurance of something better to follow this earthly existence. Our motto is: "The best is yet to come."

Which road are you on? What will be your final destination? Where will you be one minute after you die? Are you ready? Do you have your ticket?

Is your name in the book of life cause if your name isn't there you're on the way to hell. There are lots of peopl e that have forgo their heavenly citizenship because of money, Pride e.t.c. Remember we'll give account of our life on the judgement. Some will be ashamed while some will rejoice.

Repent while there is still time.

Sing this with me:

I have decided to follow Jesus *4
No turning back no going back.

To those that are still in Christ hold on to your faith till the end don't mind what people will say.

A Song by Nathaniel Bassey
Is your name in this book of life?
Is your name in this book of life here?
Unforgiveness lurks within your heart
Some folks that you will never let go
Little foxes and secret faults
Will spring surprises on that final day

Only those whose name I find
Written in this book of life
Will forever be in Paradise

Jesus is Lord.

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
I honestly don't blame people who have no real vision of what heaven looks like either because the one who spoke to us of Heaven never really provided us a clear picture of what Heaven is like.
Missyajoke:
Heaven is, after all, difficult to envision. Heaven is a beautiful place. It’s a real place that is so wonderful that it defies description. It’s where we should want to spend eternity. It's so different from what we experience now, and so much better, that it's just plain hard to imagine.
Where does the above idea that Heaven is a beautiful place come from? From the mouths of men, and not from God Himself. Since God did not give us a definite picture of what His kingdom looks like, is it then ok for us to manufacture images of it for our own selves? I don't believe that to be right at all.

Someone might try to post descriptions from Apostle John's dream/vision sequence claiming that to be a real description of Heaven. To that I respond, since when do we take that which is seen in the dreaming literally?
Missyajoke:
heaven reminds us that we are not going to live forever. We are going to die someday and leave our loved ones behind. We are going to stand before a righteous and holy God and give an account. That's not something we always want to think about.
The narrow road, on the other hand, leads to heaven. Traveling on that road is difficult because it goes against the grain of society, the tide of all pleasures, and the sins of this world. On this road there is fun and laughter, too. But there is a sense of destiny, a distinction of hope, an assurance of something better to follow this earthly existence. Our motto is: "The best is yet to come."

Which road are you on? What will be your final destination? Where will you be one minute after you die? Are you ready? Do you have your ticket?
Is your name in the book of life cause if your name isn't there you're on the way to hell. There are lots of peopl e that have forgo their heavenly citizenship because of money, Pride e.t.c. Remember we'll give account of our life on the judgement. Some will be ashamed while some will rejoice.
Most every time Jesus Christ spoke regarding the Kingdom of Heaven to His followers, He always seemed to be referring to how they lived their lives here on earth, and not about the end of their days here on earth.
In Matthew 6, He commanded them all to seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and God's righteousness, so that all the things they needed to live and thrive here on earth will be added to them.

Matthew 6 vs 25-34 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.
That leads me to believe that being kingdom minded does not really mean thinking solely of the endo f life, but of life here and now as well. And Citizenship in the Kingdom of God really does start right here and now by the choices we make as to whether to Obey or Not.
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I honestly don't blame people who have no real vision of what heaven looks like either because the one who spoke to us of Heaven never really provided us a clear picture of what Heaven is like.
Where does the above idea that Heaven is a beautiful place come from? From the mouths of men, and not from God Himself. Since God did not give us a definite picture of what His kingdom looks like, is it then ok for us to manufacture images of it for our own selves? I don't believe that to be right at all.

Someone might try to post descriptions from Apostle John's dream/vision sequence claiming that to be a real description of Heaven. To that I respond, since when do we take that which is seen in the dreaming literally?

Most every time Jesus Christ spoke regarding the Kingdom of Heaven to His followers, He always seemed to be referring to how they lived their lives here on earth, and not about the end of their days here on earth.
In Matthew 6, He commanded them all to seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and God's righteousness, so that all the things they needed to live and thrive here on earth will be added to them.

That leads me to believe that being kingdom minded does not really mean thinking solely of the endo f life, but of life here and now as well. And Citizenship in the Kingdom of God really does start right here and now by the choices we make as to whether to Obey or Not.

SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by delkuf(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
Thanks for posting this. I pray I end up there

1 Like

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Missyajoke(f): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
I don't understand some people here if you're here to ask questions am sorry I can't give you an answer. Why ask me a question that we make me double God's existence. If I don't answer your question it's because I choose not too for personal reasons. If you choose to belief fine if not you're on your own. At least on the Judgement day you won't say you haven't heard about heaven.

Note its not an emotional blackmail. My own is that their is no denial on the Judgement day. If you harden your hearts towards the gospel just know that you're on your own. I can't force anyone to accept Christ it's a personal decision you have to make.

Shalom.
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
delkuf:
Thanks for posting this. I pray I end up there
Prayer will not get you into heaven though. Not according to the words of Jesus Christ. And following what He taught, you become a citizen of heaven from right here on earth.

The disciples of Jesus Christ found out from Jesus Christ, long before there deaths that there was a place for them in Heaven. Shouldn't everyone else who is a follower of Jesus Christ have the same knowledge? undecided
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by delkuf(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Prayer will not get you into heaven though. Not according to the words of Jesus Christ. And following what He taught, you become a citizen of heaven from right here on earth.

The disciples of Jesus Christ found out from Jesus Christ, long before there deaths that there was a place for them in Heaven. Shouldn't everyone else who is a follower of Jesus Christ have the same knowledge? undecided
prayer will not take me there. guy, I will pray and continue to pray that I end up in heaven. you can do whatever you want.
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
delkuf:
prayer will not take me there. guy, I will pray and continue to pray that I end up in heaven. you can do whatever you want.
This is not about my person but about what Jesus Christ said to you. After all, He is the truth of God, is He not? So what He said is the truth that applies as far as getting into the Kingdom that is His own. undecided
What is the point of engaging in a futile endeavour when the instructions on what you need to do instead are right there in front of you? undecided
Have been available to you for at least 2000 years?
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
delkuf:

Lol.. grin.. You really have his time.

The thing is, once you've accepted Christ, you are automatically a candidate of heaven.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Brachaa:
Lol.. grin.. You really have his time.
The thing is, once you've accepted Christ, you are automatically a candidate of heaven.
Shalom.
Obviously your partner there is not convinced of it. Why not provide Him instead with what Jesus Christ Himself said as far as "Accepting" Him is concerned?

According to Jesus Christ, the word of God, for anyone to become one of His followers, the person must first obey the following commandments, all of them given by Jesus Christ Himself. Anyone who does not obey these is definitely not a follower of Jesus Christ no matter how much that person has "accepted" in his mind that he/she is.
For it is only after obeying Jesus Christ's own commandments that God Himself will show up and bear witness to the person indeed belonging to Jesus Christ, in a way similar to what God demonstrated when He came down upon Jesus Christ after He was baptized. The Spirit of God Himself will descend and speak a knowing (he bears witness) of the person in question.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.
4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
23. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
24. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)
Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26. It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27. The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

Matthew 6 vs 25-34
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Obviously your partner there is not convinced of it. Why not provide Him instead with what Jesus Christ Himself said as far as "Accepting" Him is concerned?

According to Jesus Christ, the word of God, for anyone to become one of His followers, the person must first obey the following commandments, all of them given by Jesus Christ Himself. Anyone who does not obey these is definitely not a follower of Jesus Christ no matter how much that person has "accepted" in his mind that he/she is.
For it is only after obeying Jesus Christ's own commandments that God Himself will show up and bear witness to the person indeed belonging to Jesus Christ, in a way similar to what God demonstrated when He came down upon Jesus Christ after He was baptized. The Spirit of God Himself will descend and speak a knowing (he bears witness) of the person in question.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

May the Holy spirit give you insight.

Nobody can fully obey the commandment of God, reason Jesus had to fulfill them once and for all on our behalf.

However the greatest commandments of all which he tells to obey is to "Love".

1 Like

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2020
Before you come with your trailerload of questions, I dont have your strength. tongue

Let's pray.

1 Like

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Jul 31, 2020
Brachaa:
May the Holy spirit give you insight.
Nobody can fully obey the commandment of God, reason Jesus had to fulfill all once and for all.
Who told you this lie? Where did you get this lie from? Obviously not from Jesus Christ as He indeed expects you to Obey His commandments... He taught His disciples to do the very same and to teach every one to do the same.
Brachaa:
However the greatest commandments of all which he tells to obey is to "Love".
Oh! The greatest commandment--
The Shema!
Deuteronomy 6 vs 4-7 (ESV)
4. “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a]
5. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
6. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
7. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
The new Covenant version of the same commandment goes something like
Matthew 22 vs 37-40(NKJV)
37. Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
40. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
What is interesting is the very same God who gives us the greatest commandment then goes on to say ...
John 14 vs 15-21(ERV)
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”
22. Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”
23. Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
If you claim to Love God according to His commandment but refuse to Obey the other commandments that He has given you, what does God tell you is your fate?
Even John the apostle of Jesus Christ goes on to add, in His letter to all followers of Jesus Christ across the world...

1 John 2 vs 3-6
3. If we obey what God has told us to do, then we are sure that we know him.
4. If we say we know God but do not obey his commands, we are lying. The truth is not in us.
5. But when we obey God’s teaching, his love is truly working in us. This is how we know that we are living in him.
6. If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.
So, is it really IMPOSSIBLE to keep his commandments? Or are you simply not aware of who He is and what His commandments truly mean?

If Jesus Christ was indeed lying to us when He outlined what we need to do in order to become His followers, then can we truly take Him at His word at all?
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Jul 31, 2020
Brachaa:
Before you come with your trailerload of questions, I dont have your strength. tongue
Let's pray.
The old covenant which was made for descendants of Jacob had 613 commandments attached and yes, there were some who kept them... some who God Himself saw and selected for Himself out of the people. undecided
The New Covenant, which is for all nations, consists of only about 46 covenants, yet you believe it is impossible for you to keep these commandments?
Are you certain you believe in God? I ask this because the God of the Bible does indeed believe that you can in fact obey only 46 commandments -- about 4 or 5 of these commandments in reference prayer (how, when, why, where). undecided
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Who told you this lie? Where did you get this lie from? Obviously not from Jesus Christ as He indeed expects you to Obey His commandments... He taught His disciples to do the very same and to teach every one to do the same.
Oh! The greatest commandment--
The Shema!

The new Covenant version of the same commandment goes something like

What is interesting is the very same God who gives us the greatest commandment then goes on to say ...

If you claim to Love God according to His commandment but refuse to Obey the other commandments that He has given you, what does God tell you is your fate?
Even John the apostle of Jesus Christ goes on to add, in His letter to all followers of Jesus Christ across the world...

So, is it really IMPOSSIBLE to keep his commandments? Or are you simply not aware of who He is and what His commandments truly mean?

If Jesus Christ was indeed lying to us when He outlined what we need to do in order to become His followers, then can we truly take Him at His word at all?

The commandments I was talking about that man could not "keep" ( cos if you fall in one, you have failed in all) was the ten which he gave to Moses.

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Jul 31, 2020
Brachaa:
The commandments I was talking about that man could not "keep" ( cos if you fall in one, you have failed in all) was the ten which he gave to Moses.
Case closed.
We could never have been able to keep the Old Covenant though and mainly because we are NOT descendants of Jacob and we do not live among the israelites ( foreigners who lived among the israelites were expected to obey only 4 commandments, out of the 613 commandments).

The New Covenant that is Jesus Christ is, however, designed for us and we are meant to keep all 46 of them, beginning from the greatest to the very least of them.

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Jesus Christ expects each and every one of us to bear His yoke(all 46 of the commandments) and bear our own burden(die to self/ego in order that God's Will be done).
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
We could never have been able to keep the Old Covenant though and mainly because we are NOT descendants of Jacob.

The New Covenant that is Jesus Christ is, however, designed for us and we are meant to keep all 46 of them, beginning from the greatest to the very least of them.

Jesus Christ expects each and every one of us to bear His yoke(all 46 of the commandments) and bear our own burden(die to self/ego in order that God's Will be done).

1 Like

Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by delkuf(m): 4:17am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
This is not about my person but about what Jesus Christ said to you. After all, He is the truth of God, is He not? So what He said is the truth that applies as far as getting into the Kingdom that is His own. undecided
What is the point of engaging in a futile endeavour when the instructions on what you need to do instead are right there in front of you? undecided
Have been available to you for at least 2000 years?
let me be the one to worry about that. I will pray
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Jul 31, 2020
delkuf:
let me be the one to worry about that. I will pray
Goodluck with that! grin
Re: Be Heavenly Conscious by delkuf(m): 6:43am On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Goodluck with that! grin
good luck to you and your non prayer life

(1) (Reply)

The Cost And Blessings Of Knowing Jesus Christ / My Religious Friend Says Pastor Oyedepo Is Richer Than China Jack Ma. See Pics / The Heaven And Hell Is It The Gospel To Preach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.