Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. (31842 Views)

Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience / Have You Been Chased By A Turkey Before? Share Your Experiences. / How Long Does It Takes A Dog Before It Forgets One's Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by luckyz4rea(m): 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Because dogs are my favorite pet, I seem to get abused or terrorized by them! That was how one chased me on Acme road. This was in the late 90's o. You know that big Acme road gutter, I was heading there as the dog chased me. As I crossed the road almost jumping into that gutter, I turned back to look and the dog had stopped. I didn't even care if cars were passing i just crossed. Since then I walked circumspectly whenever I passed that area.
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Faithful23(f): 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
I won't experience this ijn
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by heybel(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
That faithful night

My mum sent me to buy bread from a bakery near her shop,and i didn't met anybody at the bakery, buh i decided to goan call the owner of the bakery from his house although am aware the man owns many dogs

My mom already told not to go the man house if i didn't meet anybody at the bakery,buh i want to prove Good boy to my mom

On getting to the man house that night as i carried my first step into the house nepa took light,buh i unfortunately i step on one of his dog....

I ran sotie my leg they touch the back of my head

so fortunately i saw an open door in a face2face house, i ran inside to the backyard,where i saw a mother putting baby on a pottie, the speed at which she carried the baby and follow join the race eh, she even first me, come stop me say wetin happened, i told her dogs was chasing me....her body was stained with poo of her baby

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by earnit3: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
I will beat The dog
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Jewel1515(f): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Poseidon000:
I'm dexterous in neutralizing aggressive dogs.
So, don't have much of an experience.

But I always have a good laugh whenever my dog seize on the opportunity of me opening the gate, to run out. The way my neighbours run helter scatter on sighting the dog; is damn hilariousgrin

I pray your dog's will not get you into trouble someday
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by cbrass(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
xanie:
Dog is even better.. Ever been chased by a Turkey? That animal no get respect.

Ah.. You are right o, I even opened a thread about it on Nairaland the day it happened to me grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Settright(m): 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
When I was still under 13 I was going to church with my mum i saw a dog chasing a chicken as a church boy with my church mind I decided to help the chicken, but the dog gave me the chase of life. I barely escape by running into a church member house close to the place, my mum could not help me than to be shouting Jesus!! Jesus! Trust me It was a bad experience.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by JazmineDurante(f): 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2020
chatinent:
One afternoon after returning from work so fatigued, I had to take a nap (nap turned to a real four hours sleep). I woke up during eventide and felt like getting fruits myself by the roadside just about a stone-throw from my place.

As I was moving, sth just told me cucumber will be ideal, therefore, I had to cross to the other side of the road to get it.
I was heading home and that same sth in my head that has been advising me since I woke up opined that it's suggesting I buy groundnuts to eat the cucumbers along. It also spiced everything in my head once like: 'after the buying of the groundnut and you reach home, why not just put the cucumber in the fridge to chill a little, then enjoy it with the groundnut.' Well, it seemed nice. I had to go back to get groundnuts.
Now, this was where the problem started.
I thought about not coming outside again so I wanted to get everything that will definitely keep me indoors. I bought some fried meat and kpomo. Waiting for my balance, I was thinking whilst searching for other things I likely will need.
I bin dey reason wetin I wan use step down those things I don tanda. I was like '..should I buy this Zero Coke or Hollandia Yogurt or should..' I was interrupted by seeing Sop (short for Sopuruchi) closeby who's 1. Has always pestered me to know where I stay, 2. I don't like her way of life, coupled with fact that she was ready to just come, come dey swallow kpomo anyhow with toothpick without conscience. Personally too, I'm not the sort who brings anyone to my place and dont like unauthorized visits.
She's so self-centered that before you say Jack, she's uncorked one Heneiken and flushed it down her throat, and still be talking rubbish with you between mouthfuls of more swallowed beef. She's well known for that. Believe me bro, I've seen her attack sb so I took cover and I wasn't ready to overspend (when salary no go even come until two weeks later).
I walked then entered into a close there. God so kind, an uncompleted building (duplex) was adjacent with gates opened so I stood there and remembered I had to call a friend I promised I'd call a day before.
I dailed the number relaxed on a wall stamping a foot repeatedly. I could hear some noise the other side of the building: maybe they were partying I thought.
As the phone was still connecting, ha, I was just hearing another strange noise. I thought my ears where deceiving and resounding the stamping of my foot more loudly. Nna eh, chains were beginning to hit together and the ground shaking like sth was about to collapse.
O crazy me, I bent down to the ground as if to hear if the ground was mumbling till it barked! It was a dog! No be bingo, I mean a DOG! If you see how big this dog was!
I swiftly started climbing the [uncompleted] staircase to save my life from this fat-headed brutal merciless lion-type dog. It dived at my leg (oh my cool leg)... but a chain stopped it from reaching the first floor where I mounted.
I didn't even realise sth initially; the music stopped playing. I didn't take notice. I dey up there (feeling I defeated the dog), I bent and poured some sand as ' talk bark to the hand' abi was it to scare it? Dog was just gnashing its teeth looking at me. I even did ntoor to it. I decided to urinate on it cos I thought it wouldn't understand a middle finger. Of course, I spat at the asshole. That wasn't all. I take stone dey stone the dog until I turned around to meet many seated human beings looking at me (I mean very many people) who was attending a burial adjacent the wall; the MISDEEMED PARTY.
Chai, I wished I could just disappear that day. I was like 'father lord, just take my soul.' I couldn't go down and nowhere to hide. The MC was even on MIC like: 'Please, young man.., hello young man, yes you, we'll like you to come down as we'll like to continue please. ' Na me come mumu come signal am (cos he wouldn't hear me if I talked from there) make e come close and told him my ordeal. The mumu MC carry MIC announce am say who get dog over the building to go shift am say 'to help this innocent stranded young man' there. People laughed me die. Just imagine a very tall cute light-skinned guy wey carry nylon on a building na. The matter just tire me.
This life no just balance.
Well, it was one hell of an experience. Na that day I know there's a very giant difference between a dog and a bingo.
Las las, I still jam Sop for road as I was going home very nervous and angry. Wetin just dey ring my mind na 'just dare call me, in fact, just dare look at me.. If I no on LCD for you now..'
Well, I look back at some things that transpired long ago and I can only laugh.
Please share your experiences with dogs.

What a foolish epistle. The beginning was completely unnecessary. Master the art of getting to the point!
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by LadyH(f): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
I was at a friend's place that day. Just the 2 of us inside and her 3 dogs outside. Then she stepped out to go turn on the water pipe outside for people to fetch water. I begged her, lock this front door well o make your dogs no enter, I can't shout. She laughed and said she will that I should go and help her check what she was cooking. Na so I dey kitchen o, stirring the soup on fire then I heard a growl... and I'm like "no waaay...I die ooo". I turned to see the angry looking dog. Obviously babe no lock door well and the dog came in to see the intruder. Chai. I connected my eyes with the open back door and leaped! Omo I take off o! Ran till I felt nothing in my lungs and at the same time screaming her name. So I was running towards the front of the house where she was but guess what? The other two dogs were with her. They started running towards me as well. Lmao. I just stopped in my tracks. Make una kuku kill me cry Tear me apart cry cry
She called all 3 dogs to order and laughed so hard I didn't know when I burst into laughter as well cos I was supposed to be so mad at her, I mean what happened to "lock door o"?! That pursuit? Naah. It was mehd.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by chatinent: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
JazmineDurante:

What a foolish epistle. The beginning was completely unnecessary. Master the art of getting to the point!
Everyone will not be you. Respect people's ways of live and understand they don't exist to impress you. Bye ma.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by julieean: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Happened years back. Was sent to go drop off something at a family friend's house. I met their mum and my padi/egbon and he was down with malaria but recovering. It was time to take my leave so he said he'd see me off. I told him not to bother so he wouldn't interrupt his rest. Baba insisted. (If only he had an idea of what was coming up )grin

We got outside their gate and he was gisting me about stuff while on our way down the street, and then somewhere close by, I heard the sound of a gate being opened (the latch usually behind the non-pedestrian gate) then I saw a gate swing open in the distance as three angry looking dogs literally flew in our direction, with fangs all out kiss .
(In life, you definitely have no idea of ur full speed and you most likely won't attain it till the day you're in danger or something is chasing you and you've got adrenaline pumping madly in ur veins )grin

Next thing I saw, my sick egbon was running like a mad sprinter in the opposite direction towards the left side of the street screaming : "Ayé mi ti baje o" With two of the dogs hot on his heels . Mehn, the last of the three was behind me, I ran back in the direction we were coming from. Luckily for me, their house's fence wasn't too high, so I leapt over like an Olympic pole-vaulter and landed in their compound.
Their mom saw me and knew something was wrong grin . But I was out of breath so I couldn't explain what happened till few mins had passed. By then , my egbon was back with blood all over his legs, he had injured himself while running into an uncompleted building. Needless to say tho, he was healed of the malaria instantly grin( you'd receive ur healing too when you've got one Rottweiler and a large German Shepherd trying to get a bite of your ass) grin... if those dogs had caught up with either of us tho, that person would have been toast grin . We later learnt the owner of the dogs was on his way out and he was the only one at home so the dogs escaped from their enclosure and ran out while the gate was open sad mehn, twas one heck of a crazy experience sad
my ribs is paining me oooo, kai u no go kill person hahahahah

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by smiliyB(f): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Oh my God!!! The funniest thread ever... I'm literally in tears.... laughing and crying cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cry what a fun thread for the weekend
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Giftymane(f): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
ibawon:
It was very early around 5:34am(time for prayers)
I got woken up to go to the mosque, but went back to sleep, then I woke up exactly in the middle of the prayer when I heard prayer sounds.
I just bolted on my way running I stepped on some sleeping dogs. O boy na so dogs start to chase me, them chase me sotay we enter mosque together o boy see as mosque scatter. What happened next I can't say.
am beginning to imagine�

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Eileene(f): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
I hope I nor carry last sha
Though it happened long time ago I can still remember it like yesterday.My elder sis had these group of classmates whom we always go home with and the boys in this group were really notorious. Anytime we pass through this hux that had a lot of dogs close to our street,they will always look for ways to trouble the dogs in order to scare the girls in the group.On this fateful day they were up to no good as usual troubling these dogs when one came after me and i ran.Unfortunately for me I fell down and I slashed my tongue,i cried ehnn.It was so painful for two weeks it was almost impossible to eat infact I could not eat anything with pepper that period.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Vetzy: 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
I can't forget my own experience I believe that's the reason I am still scared of dogs even a day old puppy sef. I was less than 10 years the dog chase me and I fell into an empty gutter ��

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by johnnyn1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Chased by a dog ?
Never ever
Had several encounters of taming dogs that are not mine and all.
Now I’m a Dog breeder.
I have a kennel with several breeds standard .
I love dogs so I ain’t scared of them.

Do you want to start a Dog business?
Send a Dm

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
lekki1444:
as an Obatala and Orunmila archetype i hate dogs. i rather be a god than a dog
please this thread is not for native doctors, dont spoil it please.
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Tianahopy: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
O M G!!
I can't stop laughing...that means I have to start respecting dogs henceforth

This turkey own is surprising o
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by DavidEsq(m): 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
ibawon:
I got woken up to go to the mosque, but went back to sleep, then I woke up exactly in the middle of the prayer when I heard prayer sounds.
I just bolted on my way running I stepped on some sleeping dogs. O boy na so dogs start to chase me, them chase me sotay we enter mosque together o boy see as mosque scatter. What happened next I can't say.
See why dem talk say "let sleeping dogs lie" grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by DavidEsq(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Damidave1124:
In the days of yore, was in primary school then, after I came back from school, mum sent me an errand to go greet one of her friends in the neighborhood, on my way back I saw this fierce looking dog barking at me with all its fangs out.

As a stubborn boy wey I be that year, naso I pick one stone for ground come stone the dog, naso the dog vex begin pursue me ooo, I come think say I fit outrun the dog cheesy grin naso the race begin ooo, I come dey look back occasionally, to my greatest surprise, the dog don begin close the gap wey dey between us, na that time I know say I don enter real trouble.
So I tried to increase my speed naso I fall yakata for ground ooo, come begin dey shout/cry, another surprise come happen again, the dog come reach where I dey bark small come turn back.

Since that day I no dey play with dog matter again ooo
Dogs are extremely observant and when they mature, dey are familiar with man's activities. U see that ur cry, the dog understood it to be defeat. Hence it left grin grin grin
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by EzzyCarter: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
julieean:
my ribs is paining me oooo, kai u no go kill person hahahahah

Awww Julie... how about I come massage those ribs to soothe the "pain" @ bolded tongue
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by lekki1444: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kenplay:

please this thread is not for native doctors, dont spoil it please.
undecided
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by erifeoluwasimi(f): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
chatinent:

Lol. Tell me sth, baby.
bad day devil drink water angry
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Nostradamus: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
handsomebeauty8:
Dogs can only bark at me but cannot chase me.

When once I do as if I want to carry a weapon on the ground, it will run away.
don't try such with a boerboel!

You will only provoke it cool
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by dozzybreezy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
That day, i jumped on top of a car
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by judedwriter(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Dogs do remember your faces and holds grudges, sometimes in June, 2019, when i got my Rottweiller, I always bring him outside every morning to exercise him, and I use to chain him outside my room while I gym, there is this neighbour of mine that always flow him, each time I am not outside, because he barks a lot, fast-forward to 8 months later, he has grown to become a cute monster, I was exercising him and suddenly, he saw the guy walk into the compound with a girl, he immediately chased and bite him.

Truth is, dogs perceives fear from you, and no matter how wicked and harsh a dog is, it will bark and bark at you but will not jump on you to bite you unless its perceives fear from you, or you bend down trying to stone it, or maybe the dog had marked your face earlier if you constantly stone at it when it's chained grin.

I have dogs and have trained dogs for over 20years. I have seen my Rottweiler chase at people as it is harsh and rude, but never a day has he bitten anyone intentionally unless he has grudges against you.

True talk.
I remember the day a dog hotly pursued me as a child. I was very afraid, but suddenly I stopped running and looked the dog face to face, and the dog to my surprise, it turned back to its house grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by dalass(f): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
ibawon:

Everyone scatter scatter... Prayer jagajaga grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by sussybae(f): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Ah, lol. Make I talk my own.
Well, when people see me they usually never imagine I can be swift/run, in fact when people get told I used to get cash gifts in the barrack where I served on days when we did endurance jogging during morning PTs (soldiers/officers here will understand) as the last female corper standing (usually we'd be left with just 2-3 female soldiers left + myself), they'd be amazed.
Anyways sha, one night like that I had decided to see one of our corper off to MOQ, on getting to the commanding officer's drive that's how we saw two bright looking eyes staring at us ooooo, lol, the dog hadn't even barked much before I picked race at the speed of light screaming at the others not to run in my direction so the dog wouldn't chase after us all, lol, I can't stop laughing ooo. The other guys were too scared to run, they didn't even know that I had almost gotten to our lodge sef and they were busy looking for me.
I sha went back to meet them ooooo and when they saw me they couldn't believe I could run that much, they were super surprised at my speed.
I actually can't run that much but in times of danger before you say Jack omo I don reach Kafancha. Reminds me of the day oro chased me , eh!!! That day no funny at all.
Lol please tell us about the day oro chased you
Cause I heard whenever oro sees a lady,the lady dies instantly
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Bobbybrwon(m): 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Mine was in abuja,there was this gal I was trying to lash,she was working in a bar at dawaki village opposite gwarimpa,I had to stay till she close around 10pm and my friend already came back to pick me up but I told him to go and no to worry,if I had known I would have followed him cos las las I no lash. So I was going back home and decided to treck and take a shortcut of which I do pass that place during day time and see some bingos around but I never knew they would be so dangerous at night,on getting to that cormer ,I started hearing some grumbling but I never took it serious until I got closer to the dogs,I was even trying to scare them with sand but they were coming closer more and more so I had no choice to start running and they started chasing until I saw two abokis with their bike and ran to them so that the dogs will be chasing us all but the moment they saw the abokis and I,they went back and the abokis were now laughing, I didn't care at all but waited a little and went back to get my Palm slippers. When I got home ,I didn't even tell my friend anything,just took my shower and went straight to bed.
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by baralatie(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Tianahopy:
O M G!! I can't stop laughing...that means I have to start respecting dogs henceforth

This turkey own is surprising o
trust me turkey na werey
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by kurlz(f): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
ibawon:

You are a verrrryyy bad person. grin grin grin

So Na you scatter mosque that year abi?
Oya conclude the story or else..!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by kurlz(f): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
valdes00:
DOG..? NO
But back then, my Ex GF yaff been chased by a Turkey before...
I laughed so hard, she almost broke up with me cos of the laugh... Once in a while when we say HI, i still make fun of her.... Na that day i knw say Turkey na Cultist... Live n direct

Yes we had a stupid one once, I always aim for it's head, whenever it attacks. I hate turkeys especially male ones with a passion, very useless creatures. Only useful in the pot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Posthumous Award For The Dog That Foiled Boko Haram Suicide Bombing In Borno / I Got My Tortoise Yesterday...courtesy Yula Farms Kaduna / Anabel, My 3-Month-Old Caucasian Dog's Energy Level Is Weak. Please Help (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.