Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,975 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? (2015 Views)

Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? / Does Marriage Really Worth It? / #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Munzy14(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
There has been so much noise and advise asking individuals who are not 'really' ready to marry. Some reasons given are that of companionship. My question is this; does marriage cures loneliness? Can't you be single and not be lonely.?.. Answers and explanations, please. Thanks
50/50 between Yes and No.

Some are married, but seriously lonely. While some are married and are completely fulfilled.

Some are single and seriously lonely, while some are not...
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by frozen70(f): 7:42am On Aug 01, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
There has been so much noise and advise asking individuals who are not 'really' ready to marry. Some reasons given are that of companionship. My question is this; does marriage cures loneliness? Can't you be single and not be lonely.?.. Answers and explanations, please. Thanks

It's not about curing loneliness but it gives you a sense of belonging

Any thing can make one lonely in marriage

But being married gives you the chance to raise a family and be responsible

Even if you want to be single, one day you will need your own family because of the feature
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by babyfaceafrica: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2020
frozen70:

It's not about curing loneliness but it gives you a sense of belonging

Any thing can make one lonely in marriage

But being married gives you the chance to raise a family and be responsible

Even if you want to be single, one day you will need your own family because of the feature

Can't you raise a family without been married? And some some people are married and irresponsible?.. Sometimes these things are not certain. Don jazzy doesn'took lonely and irresponsible to me
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Eileene(f): 8:25am On Aug 01, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Can't you raise a family without been married? And some some people are married and irresponsible?.. Sometimes these things are not certain. Don jazzy doesn'took lonely and irresponsible to me
As someone rightly said marriage may not cure loneliness but it makes sure you are not lonely in your life journey.Marriage brings stability and gives you people to hold on to esp when kids start coming.
When you were younger your maiden family served this function but as you grow apart from your siblings you need your own partnership.Loneliness on the other hand is more of an inside thing you need to find peace in your inner self,having a partner should be a boost.
As for these celebrities you only get to see what they want you to see.
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Unnerve: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2020
bukatyne:
Loneliness is different from being alone.

Marriage does not cure loneliness, it however ensures you are not alone in the journey of life.
Short simple response, but with a mountain of meaning. cool
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by frozen70(f): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

It's your choice to choose whichever you wish

No one is interested if you are single or married
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by babyfaceafrica: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2020
frozen70:

It's your choice to choose whichever you wish
No one is interested if you are single or married
Not entirely true.. Thanks anyway
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by bukatyne(f): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2020
Unnerve:

Short simple response, but with a mountain of meaning. cool

cheesy

I an waiting for sassysure's new moniker.
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
Jullima:
Marriage is not a cure for loneliness but marriage can make someone that was previously lonely, less lonely. Loneliness is a state of being, it isn’t physical. You can be alone and not be lonely.
Such a brilliant take.
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
Marriage is overrated. I prefer cohabitation. If you have to marry to "cure" loneliness, you have much more bothering you than being lonely. Marriage won't fill that void.
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Jman06(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
bukatyne:
Loneliness is different from being alone.

Marriage does not cure loneliness, it however ensures you are not alone in the journey of life.
One must not marry before one gets people to navigate through the tides of life with.That is why we have different brotherhoods and sisterhoods.

So, state another reason.
Re: Does Marriage Really Cure Loneliness? by Unnerve: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2020
bukatyne:

cheesy

I an waiting for sassysure's new moniker.
Lol, me too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

His Pe**** Is Small But She Loves Him / Please Help Me Out ( Pregnant) / What Are Those Things That Infuriate You!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.