Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal (34298 Views)

Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Legia Warsaw In Europa Conference League / Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by RTSC: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
oyeb15:
Very serious guy on pitch. Wat about his wages cos its beta to buy him for 1 million and be collecting 400k per week than 100m with 2k per week
€5 million a year.

He is a big boy by all standards.

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Elsiedaniels(f): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
Here
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Angelfrost(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
2dice01:
@ the bolded Are you high on Osogbo weed bro

If it was Rashford or Some over hype foreign players it won't be too much abi

Bros if man.u can buy Wan Bisaka for 50milli from Crystal Palace so whats ur Point

Well, if Man United had shown even the slightest interest in Osimhen, his value would have jumped far above that.

United is a club every other clubs wants or likes to take advantage of... Any other club would have gotten Harry Maguire for less than 70 million eventually.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Samstar4now(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
Napoli beating Arsenal and Chelsea to sign Osimhen is laughable. Its Napoli that have declared their interest long ago. Im still wondering when Chelsea showed interest. As for Arsenal, we all know a striker isnt there problem for now. Laca, Martinelli, Nketiah and informed Aubameyang are there. Even Pepe who cost them 70m+ from same Lille is still trying to adapt. Defence and midfield should be their focal point.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by 3phase(m): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
74 million is way too much, even tho he can be really good in some matches he has not proved himself as concistent. That is the same reason why barca should not sign lautoro. They both are fantastic when they play at their best but they cant show it match in match out
Not £74m but £45m and €50m when converted to Euro and $59m when u change it to dollars
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by RTSC: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
BTW, he scored 13 goals in 27 games.
That is world class potential.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by lexy2014: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
vanida6:
£74million ewww kiss if i get em number i go him said nah em cousin dey call so make e no forget me cheesy cheesy

He isn't d one getting d 74million
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Mrcool4real: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
Help me ask him o
mayormick:
Lolz.......beat Arsenal and chelsea, were they really interested?
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Samstar4now(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
RTSC:

€5 million a year.

He is a big boy by all standards.
Approximately €104k per week
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by drezzyx(m): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Let hope that price tag,wont weigh him down. The most expensive African player from Nigeria. I have faith he will justify his price tag.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Footyarea(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2020

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Jyde89: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
74 million is way too much, even tho he can be really good in some matches he has not proved himself as concistent. That is the same reason why barca should not sign lautoro. They both are fantastic when they play at their best but they cant show it match in match out

feel free to petition Napoli to rescind the decision to sign him since you've suddenly become a player signing expert, Pepe was signed for #73million now tell me between pepe and osimhen who is more dangerous? from a non Nigerian I might not be surprised by this statement but from a Nigerian I'd expect a simple congratulation.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by RealEzee(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dalil8:
Finally cool

I believe he'll do well at Napoli

Higuain's potential replacement at Juventus.
Osibobo!!! Wish you the very best

Satan shame unto u ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by k4all(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Congratulations, make Nigeria proud in Italy.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Ingocof(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal

The Serie A side fended off competition from Arsenal and Chelsea to sign the Nigeria international.

Osimhen was in demand after he scored 13 goals in 27 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille this season.

Napoli, who confirmed the signing on their official website, will finish in seventh place in Serie A, and will be involved in the Europa League next season.

Osimhen commenced his senior career at Wolfsburg and was sent out on loan to Charleroi, who then activated their option to sign him permanently prior to sanctioning a transfer to Lille last year.
The 21 year old has scored four goals in nine appearances for Nigeria.

Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik has been linked with a move to Juventus, while there have been suggestions that Lille could replace Omishen with Rangers' Alfredo Morelos, although such a deal has yet to materialise.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8580855/amp/Napoli-beat-Arsenal-Chelsea-signing-Victor-Osimhen-Lille-74m-deal.html

good player, no doubt about that but to get Timo Werner in a cheaper deal is a coup
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by MisterGrace: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:

All humans are priceless.

Stop berating on his legal hustle.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Dalil8: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
RealEzee:
Osibobo!!! Wish you the very best

Satan shame unto u ooo grin

Hehe grin
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by mrkings84(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Congrats to the young lad. The way huge amount of money are usually mentioned with this transfer deals eh... Tell me why my kids won't play football.....
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by RealEzee(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
ifytrik:
Victor osimhen is a very good player but £74m pounds which is close to 40billion naira when converted to Nigeria currency is way too much for him, I only hope he will not be Napoli's version of Alexis Sanchez
which kind talk be this na,did they ask you to contribute ni, is your pension fund part of it ni?

Take a chill pill and appreciate the guy ja re, if it's another nationality you no go talk pim sef, they did the valuation without consulting you wetin come make u feel your concern about the price tag is of importance kwa?

Your complain is way too much sef, Oya to your corner.

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by EmekaBlue(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
boy of d moment
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Jyde89: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Angelfrost:
74 kini??! Please, someone should verify or authenticate this. That's too huge to believe!!! Nigga isn't worth that na. How much is Werner now worth??!

...And what do you mean by competition from Arsenal and Chelsea?!! When did Chelsea ever show interest??!

We all know Arsenal will never cough up even 25 million for a slightly upgraded Eddie Nketiah. grin

In all, I wish him well in Italy... May he help Napoli to the Scudetto, and keep them in the top 3 for years to come. He has a great deal to prove.

Nigerians and inferiority complex, so Harry Maguire is worth 85million ba? when will we start honoring our own in this country. I eagerly await the restart of serie A. Italy's got no clue whats about to hit it.

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by enoch273: 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:

Irrespective of how much it is, it is a turning point for osimhen, it reminds me of how FCMB is supporting their customers to the next level, so their Story can also be epic.

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Femeto: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
grin Arsenal never pay Pepe money finish so they couldn't afford to owe Lille again.

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Angelfrost(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jyde89:

Nigerians and inferiority complex, so Harry Maguire is worth 85million ba? when will we start honoring our own in this country. I eagerly await the restart of serie A. Italy's got no clue whats about to hit it.

I said those exact same things about Harry Maguire, Kepa of Chelsea, Pogba, Lukaku to United, Dembele to Barcelona, even Neymar's transfer fee...

They were all overpriced in my opinion!!!

So, keep your shirt on sir. This doesn't mean I don't wish him well in Italy!!!
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Omooba77: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Organicist95:
but still didn't make top 5 grin

This season we will win......
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Omooba77:

This season we will win......
you wish grin grin grin
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Manuel69: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2020
Misleading headline, validated content.

£74m as how?

Chelsea stopped chasing him months ago, I don't know of Arsenal.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by dennisworld1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
And Timo Werner cost less cool
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by HIPROFILE(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:

Amongst world strikers only Ronald and Messi try to keep consistent display in matches not even 100% consistency in all matches not to talk of these lads you dont even expect a player to be overly consistent in all matches
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Manuel69: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jyde89:

Can you as a club owner sign Victor Osihmen for over €80m? Boy got just 13 goals in the league this season and you think he is worth over €80? How na
Tammy Abraham should be worth over €100m then

FYI, Napoli got him for €50m and not €80m as stated by the OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Rejects New Man Utd Contract As £60m PSG Move Edges Closer / PSG: Your Role In World Cup Not Clear – Piechniczek Slams Messi / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.