Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal (34302 Views)

Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Legia Warsaw In Europa Conference League / Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Marv650(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jyde89:

1,are you a club owner?
2,comparing Tammy Abraham to Osimhen, are you really serious?
3,how much was Pepe bought for?
4, do you know more than the club owners?
5, have you watched Osimhen in a club game before?

P.s the 50million is initial payment, add on's made 80. stop selling your country man short Osimhen is worth every penny spent on him.

Uncle, why can't we compare Osimhen and Tammy? Tammy had more goals and still plays in the champions league (although na kill dem go kill Chelsea).
Osimhen may be good, but you can statwise compare him to Tammy.

Behind the curtain, we know Tammy is useless, but he has mad stats.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by peeps4u: 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
ContractKiller:
Bissaka has been the most consistent full back in the EPL for the past two seasons, coupled with his young age. The same can't be said for Osimhen. At best I would say he has unfulfilled potential.

See argument. You're using his present form in ManU to justify his purchase cost. Hasn't Osimehn also been consistent bothebin national teams and clubs for some years now? And if you could use Bissaka's form in last 2 seasons he's been in Manu to justify his value, have you foreseen that Osimehn wouldn't also be consistent in Napoli?
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Iceyjayz: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
I hope he does better so that big clubs can buy him in the future.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by greggng: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
74 million is way too much, even tho he can be really good in some matches he has not proved himself as concistent. That is the same reason why barca should not sign lautoro. They both are fantastic when they play at their best but they cant show it match in match out

I don't know where you are coming from ...are you saying this put of poverty mentality that has bedevilled you Nigerians ? Osemen is what every amount ...he earned it ...No white man will be stupid to say what u said
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Franchise21(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Not surprised Napoli beat assnal to signing osimhen

That stupid assnal nor dey want spend money sign players

Go go osimhen.......bang the goals
Show that overrated Moda fuckkking penaldo that you have arrived

Penaldo... Still the GOAT
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
74 million is way too much, even tho he can be really good in some matches he has not proved himself as concistent. That is the same reason why barca should not sign lautoro. They both are fantastic when they play at their best but they cant show it match in match out
U well?? Wen common defender is sold for over 70 million pounds talkless of a young man like this
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by afonjabreed(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Not surprised Napoli beat assnal to signing osimhen

That stupid assnal nor dey want spend money sign players

Go go osimhen.......bang the goals
Show that overrated Moda fuckkking penaldo that you have arrived

I have replied , please help my life I wan learn how to bomb
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Banter1(m): 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Did Chelsea tell you dey wan sign him? mtcheeerrrrw
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by vibre: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
This is the wrong blue, He should have moved to chelsea
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by geezynoni: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
This your headline Mumu sha... beat Chelsea.. Chelsea were never really interested...we bought Timo
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by BennyDGreat: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
oyeb15:
Very serious guy on pitch. Wat about his wages cos its beta to buy him for 1 million and be collecting 400k per week than 100m with 2k per week

Haba 2k per week....haba....when he's not an Academy player...He would earn more than 2k daily sef

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by KingAlabi: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Seytiano:
I am such a fool, so have been arguing with a man united fan? AWB is best defensive RB in Europe?

in the top five leagues who has completed more one on one tackles and ball recovery as a RB na bissaka.
abeg bring stats when quoting me.

you even mention kimmich as a better defensive RB than bissaka

chia Musa has seen it all.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by vanida6: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
shamsin6300:

Mk me ur cousin b4 I hammer, don't come & regret it fa.
u sabi play ball ne cheesy if not u re not my cousin cheesy infact i no no u sef
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by kiddkash(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal

The Serie A side fended off competition from Arsenal and Chelsea to sign the Nigeria international.

Osimhen was in demand after he scored 13 goals in 27 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille this season.

Napoli, who confirmed the signing on their official website, will finish in seventh place in Serie A, and will be involved in the Europa League next season.

Osimhen commenced his senior career at Wolfsburg and was sent out on loan to Charleroi, who then activated their option to sign him permanently prior to sanctioning a transfer to Lille last year.
The 21 year old has scored four goals in nine appearances for Nigeria.

Napoli forward Arkadiusz Milik has been linked with a move to Juventus, while there have been suggestions that Lille could replace Omishen with Rangers' Alfredo Morelos, although such a deal has yet to materialise.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8580855/amp/Napoli-beat-Arsenal-Chelsea-signing-Victor-Osimhen-Lille-74m-deal.html
it 45 million pounds not 74
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Seytiano(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
KingAlabi:

in the top five leagues who has completed more one on one tackles and ball recovery as a RB na bissaka.
abeg bring stats when quoting me.

you even mention kimmich as a better defensive RB than bissaka

chia Musa has seen it all.
Mr man, there is more to football than stats. Numbers don't always tell the truth. A team that has more possession will win lesser tackles. Man City, Bayern, Barcelona and other top clubs have more average in possession than United so it stands to reason that their players will win less tackles. Kimmich is arguably the most balanced right back in Europe, quality defence and a nice offence. He is so good defensively that he plays as a defensive midfield this days
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Slynation(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
How is it too much...?? How much did PSG paid Mbappe?? "A whooping €186million" Did they wait for him to prove himself in another club when he was still at Monaco?? So many clubs have loss good players because they were waiting for them to prove themselves somewhere else.... €74million is still considerate in this crazy transfer market....

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Slynation(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
ContractKiller:
Bissaka has been the most consistent full back in the EPL for the past two seasons, coupled with his young age. The same can't be said for Osimhen. At best I would say he has unfulfilled potential.

So if they drop Bissaka and Trent Arnold you will carry Bissaka....!! Una think say na by sliding upandan

Man United fan for a reason....
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by shamsin6300(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
vanida6:
u sabi play ball ne cheesy if not u re not my cousin cheesy infact i no no u sef

If I am nt a baller i can b a prominent politician.
Bullionvan go de enter my house every friday. grin
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by shamsin6300(m): 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
vanida6:

f I am nt a baller i can b a prominent politician.
Bullionvan go de enter my house every friday. grin
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by shamsin6300(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
vanida6:

If am nt a baller i can b a prominent politician.
Bullionvan go de enter my house every week, twice on friday evening grin
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Bahamas95(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Congrats to him.

But I would have preferred him playing in the EPL, the Italian league is boring.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Angelfrost(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jyde89:

answer me this simple question, have you watched him in Charleroi or Lille before? Osimhen is worth every penny.

I watched him very closely at Lille... He is a good player, but not worth 74 million pounds (come on)!!!! grin

If he is worth that amount, then how much is Greenwood worth??! How much would you ask for Immobile??!...

In case you are still missing my point... Footballers are overpriced these days. No wonder there is so much pressure on them to perform.

Maybe 40 to 50 million in today's inflated market, but over 70 million??! Please, let's get real!!!
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by KingAlabi: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Seytiano:
Mr man, there is more to football than stats. Numbers don't always tell the truth. A team that has more possession will win lesser tackles. Man City, Bayern, Barcelona and other top clubs have more average in possession than United so it stands to reason that their players will win less tackles. Kimmich is arguably the most balanced right back in Europe, quality defence and a nice offence. He is so good defensively that he plays as a defensive midfield this days
cheesy
you have ran to there is more to it than stats crew

I have nothing to argue with you

in crystal Palace he won the most tackles
in man United he still won it

or will you say united plays defense football same as crystal palace

check it any where bissaka is the best 1vs 1 defender

I don't really like the fact he not really good attacking wise

but give honour to who honour is good

peace
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by KingAlabi: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
Angelfrost:

I watched him very closely at Lille... He is a good player, but not worth 74 million pounds (come on)!!!! grin

If he is worth that amount, then how much is Greenwood worth??! How much would you ask for Immobile??!...

In case you are still missing my point... Footballers are overpriced these days. No wonder there is so much pressure on them to perform.

Maybe 40 to 50 million in today's inflated market, but over 70 million??! Please, let's get real!!!
ansu fati in barca is already worth over 100+ million football tire me
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Seytiano(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
KingAlabi:

cheesy
you have ran to there is more to it than stats crew

I have nothing to argue with you

in crystal Palace he won the most tackles
in man United he still won it

or will you say united plays defense football same as crystal palace

check it any where bissaka is the best 1vs 1 defender

I don't really like the fact he not really good attacking wise

but give honour to who honour is good

peace

I have nothing more to argue with you either, you are biased because he plays for your team. Calling him the best defensive right back in Europe is bogus, he can't get a starting spot in Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Man City and Liverpool. Perhaps maybe in PSG and Chelsea, because they don't have quality right backs. He is even uncapped with England.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Angelfrost(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
KingAlabi:

ansu fati in barca is already worth over 100+ million football tire me

You can imagine... All thanks to Barca, Real Madrid, and PSG.

FIFA and UEFA should step in and do the needful before this beautiful game is ruined for good!!!
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by KingAlabi: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
Seytiano:
I have nothing more to argue with you either, you are biased because he plays for your team. Calling him the best defensive right back in Europe is bogus, he can't get a starting spot in Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Man City and Liverpool. Perhaps maybe in PSG and Chelsea, because they don't have quality right backs. He is even uncapped with England.
I didn't say he is the best right back
obviously his is far from it.
but give it to the guy he can defend better than any other right.

your sounding really biased too
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by KingAlabi: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
Angelfrost:

You can imagine... All thanks to Barca, Real Madrid, and PSG.

FIFA and UEFA should step in and do the needful before this beautiful game is ruined for good!!!
na Neymar start this rubbish Sha
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Jyde89: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
Angelfrost:

so if footballers around the world are overpriced why shouldn't ours also be overpriced. infact that will guarantee his 90min. and please don't ever compere him to Greenwood cos Greenwood is just starting out compared to Osimhen that has played in three leagues(successful in2), and the Immobile you mentioned was a flop both in Dortmund and Seville+he's 32.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by LilPeezy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Organicist95:
but arsenal will wish to have him though grin
Not the type of player we need....he ain't close to any of our attacker why do wish to have someone like him
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Jyde89: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
Marv650:

Uncle, why can't we compare Osimhen and Tammy? Tammy had more goals and still plays in the champions league (although na kill dem go kill Chelsea).
Osimhen may be good, but you can statwise compare him to Tammy.

Behind the curtain, we know Tammy is useless, but he has mad stats.

Osimhen played in Lille and still wowed, if he had the support Tammy had he'll do more so he's in Tammy's league. even Tammy's coach called him a championship player.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by splashbaby(m): 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
His electrifying moves when attacking is what I love about his game... He brings full power with brain... He's a faster Kanu. This price will be cheap when he's done with Napoli

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Rejects New Man Utd Contract As £60m PSG Move Edges Closer / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Ahead Of Ivory Coast, Haaland’s Norway After Biggest Move / How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.