Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,863 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal (34299 Views)

Victor Osimhen Scores As Napoli Beat Legia Warsaw In Europa Conference League / Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Angelfrost(m): 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jyde89:

so if footballers around the world are overpriced why shouldn't ours also be overpriced. infact that will guarantee his 90min. and please don't ever compere him to Greenwood cos Greenwood is just starting out compared to Osimhen that has played in three leagues(successful in2), and the Immobile you mentioned was a flop both in Dortmund and Seville+he's 32.

Still missing the point, I see??!... I tarred them all with the same brush, no exceptions!!!

They are largely overpriced! And, I personally find that unacceptable!!!

Allow me to be a bit more emphatic: I won't pay 80 million for Maguire, not even 60; will not cough up 70 million for Pepe, won't even write a cheque for 50 million; I most certainly won't spare more than 70 million for Neymar (He is no Pele, not even worthy to ever lace Maradonna's shoes)....

So, once again, even as a Nigerian, I won't ever think of dropping 74 million for Osimhen, on what bloody grounds good sir??!...

Please, quit playing this lame 'our person' card!!!.... Osimhen is not anywhere worth 74 million pounds!!! Period!!!
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Manuel69: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jyde89:

1,are you a club owner?
2,comparing Tammy Abraham to Osimhen, are you really serious?
3,how much was Pepe bought for?
4, do you know more than the club owners?
5, have you watched Osimhen in a club game before?

P.s the 50million is initial payment, add on's made 80. stop selling your country man short Osimhen is worth every penny spent on him.

You failed to answer my question but I will answer yours.
1. No I'm not. That doesn't mean I can quote any amount to any player. I'm a realist.
2.why can't I compare both? They're both similar in physique, playing same position as striker's in Europe, so why can't I do comparison?
3. Pepe and Osihmen play different positions so you can't compare them in the first place. Secondly transfer fee is not always by performance, contract clause plays a roll atimes. Chelsea signed Kepa for 71m simply because he signed a long term contract with Bilboa before Chelsea activated the released clause.
4. Yes. I prolly know more than some. See the irony? Reason why we are having this conversation is simply because you raised the talk about infeority complex
5. Are we both talking about the same Victor that played for Lille? Cuz yes I have seen him play. Cuz I have watched him play in thechampions league , league game and even the national team.

Victor is good. No doubt.
Stop telling me I'm selling my country man short. You don't know me. If you fail to understand the message I'm trying to pass, peace.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Manuel69: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Truetalk3139: 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
74 million is way too much, even tho he can be really good in some matches he has not proved himself as concistent. That is the same reason why barca should not sign lautoro. They both are fantastic when they play at their best but they cant show it match in match out
bros no dey hate your fellow man
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Checked86: 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
eni4real:
Hence, the 6 Ballon d'ors
Hence, everyone disappears in some games. I used Messi to illustrate that no player is consistent. I never compared them.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by jamaicabakare(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Organicist95:
but your darling arsenal is not even among the top 6 grin

Bros why na... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by 27Pushing30: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
obembet:
74 million is way too much, even tho he can be really good in some matches he has not proved himself as concistent. That is the same reason why barca should not sign lautoro. They both are fantastic when they play at their best but they cant show it match in match out

Lille cashed out on Pepe now they have cashed out on osimhen

Gabriel still dey there

Yet they aren’t a financially strong club
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by SavageMaster: 3:41am On Aug 01, 2020
jamaicabakare:
Though i would have prefer him coming to my darling Arsenal or any of the Top 6 team in England but all the same i am happy for him.

Wishing him success and injury free. wink wink

From Top 4 to Top 6, Arsenal don dey drag Top 10. Soon, they'll be dragging Last 4, if they no shine their eyes well and do the needful.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Parisian: 6:08am On Aug 01, 2020
kAmaru Usman is from Edo?
Dpharisee:
Edo under the old Bendel used to be known as a sports power house. I recall how they used to produce Olympic boxers and sprinters from the Sports village at Afuze.

Raw unharnessed talents abound, there used to be a healthy competition between 2 sports administrators Brown Ebewele and a guy in Delta when the state was carved up into Edo and Delta over who will produce the best sportsmen and women.
The National sports festival used to be argument about who gets the most medals between Edo and Delta while other states will be looking in amazement.

We need more Kamoru Usman and Osimhen from the old Bendel, let the state governments invest more on sports, many of those ladies leaving through dangerous means could have Blessing Okagbare our current best female sprinter with little investment
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Eberex(m): 7:45am On Aug 01, 2020
Sharapova
Arsenal never wanted him
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Jyde89: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2020
Manuel69:

You failed to answer my question but I will answer yours.
1. No I'm not. That doesn't mean I can quote any amount to any player. I'm a realist.
2.why can't I compare both? They're both similar in physique, playing same position as striker's in Europe, so why can't I do comparison?
3. Pepe and Osihmen play different positions so you can't compare them in the first place. Secondly transfer fee is not always by performance, contract clause plays a roll atimes. Chelsea signed Kepa for 71m simply because he signed a long term contract with Bilboa before Chelsea activated the released clause.
4. Yes. I prolly know more than some. See the irony? Reason why we are having this conversation is simply because you raised the talk about infeority complex
5. Are we both talking about the same Victor that played for Lille? Cuz yes I have seen him play. Cuz I have watched him play in thechampions league , league game and even the national team.

Victor is good. No doubt.
Stop telling me I'm selling my country man short. You don't know me. If you fail to understand the message I'm trying to pass, peace.

try watching his clips in the league, this guy was bought to understudy Remy and he displaced Remy in his first game for Lille, this was a guy that survived his teammates not passing the ball to him(go check most of his goals)he had a fairly decent assist stats for a striker. again he's worth every penny spent on him and this isn't me speaking from a patriots stand point, if people like Maguire, Kepa or Pepe could be bought for outrageous prices then he shouldn't be bought less.

1 Like

Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Jyde89: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

Still missing the point, I see??!... I tarred them all with the same brush, no exceptions!!!

They are largely overpriced! And, I personally find that unacceptable!!!

Allow me to be a bit more emphatic: I won't pay 80 million for Maguire, not even 60; will not cough up 70 million for Pepe, won't even write a cheque for 50 million; I most certainly won't spare more than 70 million for Neymar (He is no Pele, not even worthy to ever lace Maradonna's shoes)....

So, once again, even as a Nigerian, I won't ever think of dropping 74 million for Osimhen, on what bloody grounds good sir??!...

Please, quit playing this lame 'our person' card!!!.... Osimhen is not anywhere worth 74 million pounds!!! Period!!!

and again, because the world is paying crazy transfer fee's now why shouldn't he cash in on the largess. and you are right, you can't buy him for 74million cos you don't have it.
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by tonquendo4u(m): 8:34am On Aug 01, 2020
If Chelsea wanted Osimhen, Napoli wouldn't get him. So post right
Re: Napoli beat Arsenal and Chelsea to signing of Osimhen from Lille in £74m deal by Angelfrost(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2020
Jyde89:

and again, because the world is paying crazy transfer fee's now why shouldn't he cash in on the largess. and you are right, you can't buy him for 74million cos you don't have it.

You really need to work on your comprehension skills, good sir!!!

I have absolutely nothing against the player under scrutiny here... I never in anyway insinuated that he is not as good as the other high value players of the game!!! I merely made a sweeping generalization by terming them all 'overpriced'! Not some, not Osimhen alone, every single one of the examples I gave.

My submission is not an insult to the Nigerian, merely a factual observation of the anomaly football is turning into... Why is this so difficult for your brain to accommodate??!

Which one is 'you can't pay 74 million cos you don't have it'??! What does that even mean??!... Is it that you don't understand simple logical reasoning??!... Why not ask for clarification.

What I meant remains: If I had that kinda money to spare, I won't release it!!! Why??! Cos Osimhen, Neymar, Ansu Fati, Harry Maguire, Pogba, etc, are OVERPRICED!!! Ridiculously overpriced! Period!!!

I hope this helps!!!... Please, let's not muddle the waters of logic. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Rejects New Man Utd Contract As £60m PSG Move Edges Closer / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Ahead Of Ivory Coast, Haaland’s Norway After Biggest Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.