Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church (54209 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Psoul(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
ikorodureporta:

If you think d restrictn isn't effective,
ok, ... compare d number of politicians infected so far to pastors...

The Pastors are not contacting the virus cos they are not mingling with ppl, but because they are abiding by the tips given by WHO. They also provide safety measures in their churches. So I will say that government should forget about their silly restrictions against churches and focus it more on politicians and other places that do not abide by the safety tips.

Government is just angry about churches cos they cannot collect tax from them.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by backnbeta(f): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Christianity as it exists today is indeed a 'scam' of sorts as it does not in anyway reflect the Truth that is Jesus Christ.
To each his own sir undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
Psoul:

The Pastors are not contacting the virus cos they are not mingling with ppl, but because they are abiding by the tips given by WHO. They also provide safety measures in their churches. So I will say that government should forget about their silly restrictions against churches and focus it more on politicians and other places that do not abide by the safety tips.

Government is just angry about churches cos they cannot collect tax from them.
maybe rather than hiding behind their pulpits, they ought to go MINGLE with the people they claim they serve in the name of God?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
backnbeta:

To each his own sir undecided
Nah! We don't each get to make up our own truths in this. Any truth that does not reflect the truth of Jesus Christ is not of Jesus Christ. It is really that simple.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Immortalzbon(m): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Christianity as it exists today is indeed a 'scam' of sorts as it does not in anyway reflect the Truth that is Jesus Christ.

Which part of it exactly is the scam bro?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2020
Immortalzbon:

Which part of it exactly is the scam bro?
Well, where do you want to start?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by backnbeta(f): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Nah! We don't each get to make up our own truths in this. Any truth that does not reflect the truth of Jesus Christ is not of Jesus Christ. It is really that simple.
If you believe Church is scam, I will not argue sir. The important thing is belief in Jesus Christ. Even the so-called scamming pastors pray in Jesus name, so who are we to judge them if we don't catch them hands down the cookie jar? The important thing is to believe in God, pray and read your Bible, however, going to Church is important for Christians.
Hebrews 10:25 (New Living Translation):
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Tonitoniton(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
the cabal behind covid19 and most govt of the world have a sinister plan against Christian's and the church in particular. I observe muslims praying on Friday very closely, I noticed there was no social distancing in asokoro central mosque and that of karu district. They were doing their prayer openly without and what so ever distancing. When I looked closely, i saw top govt officials going in to worship while some were already praying and I was amazed how the church will allow such discrepancy right under its nose. Pastor Chris knows what he is saying while some other Christian's are either attacking him or quiet. God is watching us all. God knows the intents of our hearts.

THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO A MAN IS TO BECOME GODS ENEMY.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Immortalzbon(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
backnbeta:

If you believe Church is scam, I will not argue sir. The important thing is belief in Jesus Christ. Even the so-called scamming pastors pray in Jesus name, so who are we to judge them if we don't catch them hands down the cookie jar? The important thing is to believe in God, pray and read your Bible, however, going to Church is important for Christians.
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

Wow.. God bless you ma'am..
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by stayclearofme: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kingproy:

As your name implies I will stay clear of you cause you don't have sense

May God have mercy on your kids
Lol....olodo....may the God's if our land punish you for bringing my kids into this matter. Since you don't have a good point just shut up...you ass hole.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Immortalzbon(m): 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Well, where do you want to start?

Well you tell me. Cos im not sure what you mean when you say christianity is a scam..
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
backnbeta:

I am sorry, what? undecided

First your churches have nothing to do with God and the commandments of God. So, your going goes church is tantamount to putting one foot back into the world as far as God is concerned. The very foundation of what you call churches today were built on the doctrines and traditions I.e. lies of men in other to further man's goal to control and enrich himself in the name of God. If you want to learn more, feel free to ask.

As for judging, stop pretending you dont do it every single moment of your life. Jesus Christ even told you that by their fruits you shall know them... Meaning you should judge the fruits of those around you to learn who is of Him and who is not. If you shut your eyes to what to Jesus Christ Himself has commanded you so you can continue to attend your church entities which are nothing but government-registered business's entities, are you sure that makes you right with God, even as you walk in disobedience?

God has not called His own to a life of foolish as and so it is foolish to pretend that when you see evil done in the name of God, you should simply turn a blind eye.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Psoul(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
maybe rather than hiding behind their pulpits, they ought to go MINGLE with the people they claim they serve in the name of God?

Why are u full of contradictions?

Just few minutes ago, you were supporting your government that want to lock them up so that they will not mingle with their members.
Now you are pushing that they should go out and mingle with their members.
Don't let hatred for another person's progress get u frustrated.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Immortalzbon:

Well you tell me. Cos im not sure what you mean when you say christianity is a scam..
I was clear when I said that it does not mirror Jesus Cheist and His commandments in anyway though.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Danniedpastor(m): 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
zombieTRACKER:

How can you compare food with these con men businesses... The real church is not making noise.. Just business centers have been disturbing our peace...

Modified.. There is only one church ordained by christ.. Apostle paul was the first pope..

In Nigeria today.. Many business centers abound.. School owners are kicking.. Club owners are complaining.. Church owners are also ranting.. Shameful... Very shameful

Are you ok?
Apostle Paul was an apostle and not a pope.
And there are many churches recognized in the Bible.

Are you even a Christian?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
Psoul:

Why are u full of contradictions?

Just few minutes ago, you were supporting your government that want to lock them up so that they will not mingle with their members.
Now you are pushing that they should go out and mingle with their members.
Don't let hatred for another person's progress get u frustrated.
What is contradictory about telling So-called MOGs to stop hiding behind government entities(their private business empires) and instead go out into the field as Jesus Christ did if they truly serve the people? undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danniedpastor:

Are you ok?
Apostle Paul was an apostle and not a pope.
And there are many churches recognized in the Bible.

Are you even a Christian?
the churches mentioned in the Bible were not business entities but groups of people who gathered together towards a common goal for God.

The church in Jerusalem for example referred to bunch of Believers who came together to run pantries, care for the sick, homeless, sick etc. They were not registered business and each person in the group was under the direction of the Spirit of God and able to switch roles/mission at His say so.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by earnit3: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by bergs2: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
He has made a very Valid Point!

Government should Tread Carefully...

Its Foolishness to Contend with GOD in any form or way..

It's High Folly!

Brother, I do not understand u here.
Down here in Anambra State, churches are full to brim, with no time-control.
If Lagos State is no more convenient for our pastors in Lagos, the cyber space is unlimited; they should go book a space on YouTube, twitter, IG, even on a website, or rather they should travel without the curfew hours to other states.
Ah ah! What is all this.
@ZombieTracker made a very crucial point: the real church is not making noise.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by mentored: 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Is this an Islamic thread?

You have floor

Spew on
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by mentored: 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The same applies to all social clubs registered as businesses under government. So why do you think the Muslims should get a different treatment? undecided

Go there and comment
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kingproy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
stayclearofme:

Lol....olodo....may the God's if our land punish you for bringing my kids into this matter. Since you don't have a good point just shut up...you ass hole.

Sorry the gods of your father land is dead
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by SexytorresE(f): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
This man acct is getting try already grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by SexytorresE(f): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Die grin
alramon:

smokers are liable to ....................young.

fill in the gap
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2020
mentored:

Go there and comment
Look if you want to go argue with Muslims on this... Go knock yourself out
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by osazsky(m): 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
IamWonderful:
Very true, market are overcrowded for more than 10 hours.

******MODIFIED******
If it because of COVID 19 churches were limited to one hour that means something is wrong, churches can control crowd with safety healthy measures put in place, how many markets have necessary safety measures against the spread of the virus, if that is how people are contacting the virus, hundred of thousand of people suppose to have contacted it from the market where exchange of money and other unwarranted contact are established.
even muslims complied with d guidelines yesterday.now its market no longer mosque hmm
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by itoba4real(m): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Behold darkness has covered the nations and gross darkness on nigeria how do come out of these only on our kneels.the govt cant control what lies ahead only true prayers my friend.only prayers
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by dazzlingd(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
backnbeta:

One thing is certain; Jesus Christ is the way! I know this will not satisfy a great many inquiring minds, including yours. Nevertheless, it remains the truth undecided

Of course u are right, the one u believe is the very correct one and u are just very lucky to have chosen that.
Those who believe otherwise are absolute wrong and will need to find the truth which is the one u belong
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
itoba4real:
Behold darkness has covered the nations and gross darkness on nigeria how do come out of these only on our kneels.the govt cant control what lies ahead only true prayers my friend. only prayers
The churches are business entities governed by your world Governments and not God. So yes, the governments of the world Control your churches.

You can come out of it, not by kneeling down and offeringmorer vain prayers in the name of God. You can instead turn away from being tied to the world and instead going back to obeying what God has in fact commanded His followers all do from the very beginning, let Him Lead us and teach and Counsel us all.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
vingeophysicist:

Exactly , the government should learn to give God his own respect .
God already gets His respect from those who serve Him. Your churches on the other hand are world style business entities registered and under the government and law of the world. So they essentially have nothing to do with God and are simply business empires built for men and for the kingdom of men.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by stayclearofme: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kingproy:

Sorry the gods of your father land is dead
Just like you are a living dead, a walking corpse. Your white man religion taught you to insult children. I doubt if you have one or if you will ever have one, castrated cow.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
lograr:

As a mod you should remain Neutral
You represent nairaland unlike us
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
ROFLMAO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Rev Father Mbaka Recharge Card: How True Is The Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.