Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice (38093 Views)

Mum Of Chioma, The Little Girl Who Joined Obi's Rally, Gets Furnished Flat / Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case / Senator Eze Ajoku Bags Doctorate Degree In Divinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Amotekun777: 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2020
oneeast1:
She was a very beautiful lady. RIP

Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by tot(f): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
What is the value of human life in Lagos/Nigeria? Avoidable deaths every day.
What a pity.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by mechanics(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
Eyah, I hope government do something about the issue of trailer accidents.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Kemimarch16(f): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
Jesus Jesus Jesus so this lady is dead she was a faan staff(commercial dept)is that how people die?Kai
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
But this is so so sad. cry cry

Nigerian leaders are a blight, a curse upon the Earth.

Nigeria has become the witch that swallows her children in the midnight.

What a shame.

Rest well lady and all those who lost their lives.

Life is cheaper than pure water in Nigeria.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Jesus Jesus Jesus so this lady is dead she was a faan staff(commercial dept)is that how people die?Kai

That is how people die o, my sister.

Na the Naija way be dat.

It's easy to lose one's life in Nigeria.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2020
I don't even want to imagine the unbearable pain of her mother.

This is so painful mehn...
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by jaxxy(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
EyezofGod120:
sadif na rape stuff now dem go dey protest dey drag innocent man into shit,, nonsense and magu,,,rip to d dead

I solidly believe that that there shud be a huge protest against reckless and unworthy trailers been driven on our roads like potential death traps not just in Lagos bt all over the country.

A trailer is not built to tumble or tip over unless it is faulty, unworthy to drive or the driver is completely reckless. I stated b4 we do not have strong winds like in some state highways in the Us that can topple trucks in motion. So why shud a trailer be failing if not that our government is useless and irresponsible. angry angry angry

Look at the beautiful lives lost due to government incompetence and lackadaisical nature to preventing death trucks from plying our roads. It has to STOP!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
chi4ik:
Too bad, her mum is my foster father's younger sister..

We have been crying and weeping. R.I.P Chi.

Please accept my condolences. cry cry cry
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by favinvest: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
anytime i see those tankers & containers driving close to me..

i do speed off from them cos wat I see is SUICIDE BOMBERS
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by IamPlato(m): 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
if the government does something about that road make thunder fire me... god go punish every leader in this country
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Drizzy5001(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
Chai ... What a waste , Rest on beautiful lady
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by chatinent: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Can the dead really live again? How would you answer? Yes? No? Maybe? . I'm available for a chat on this question please.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Amhappy(f): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
A horrific way to go. Please government do something
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by peculiar2021(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
These containers shouldn't be carried by trailers, since train transportation isn't functioning well in Nigeria issues like this will keep occuring. Btw safety measures should be ensured by the appropriate authority for trailers carrying these containers to curb the menace caused by this things
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by earnit1: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by WathoniBBN: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
What a pity
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by 9icetoo(m): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
jaxxy:

I solidly believe that that there shud be a huge protest against reckless and unworthy trailers been driven on our roads like potential death traps not just in Lagos bt all over the country.

A trailer is not built to tumble or tip over unless it is faulty, unworthy to drive and the driver is completely reckless. I stated b4 we do not have strong winds like in some state highways in the Us that can topple trucks in motion. So why shud trailer be failing if not that our government is useless and irresponsible. angry angry angry

Look at the beautiful lives lost due to government incompetence and lackadaisical nature to preventing death trucks from plying our roads. It has to STOP!!!!!!
I would love to get on the truck bashing spree but let's just take a step back and look at the pictures. I'm not saying the truck was road worthy but hear me out.
1. Is the road on which that truck is being driven truck/car worthy?
2. In the picture, is the container still securely latched to the truck or not? Tells you a bit about the state of the truck
3. Is a commercial bus supposed to stop on a highway to pick or drop off passengers?
Is it not supposed to park off the road at a designated bus stop?
4. Are commercial buses not supposed to be on the service lanes and not on the main highway? What was the commercial bus doing on the highway. Do you realise it is illegal to stop and park on a highway?

I'm not holding brief for anyone. I just wished people would ask the pertinent questions, get to the root causes of incidents and address them instead of being sentimental in their views.

May her soul rest in peace.

Hopefully, one day, we will get it right and reduce the avoidable loss of lives.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by 9icetoo(m): 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
peculiar2021:
These containers shouldn't be carried by trailers, since train transportation isn't functioning well in Nigeria issues like this will keep occuring. Btw safety measures should be ensured by the appropriate authority for trailers carrying these containers to curb the menace caused by this things
Trucks and trailers carry containers all over the world even in developed countries.

Some trucks in Australia haul up to 3 trailers at a time. If you come across them on the highway, they look like trains.

Our roads and road users are a bigger problem.

Our roads lack road markings, lighting, adequate warning signs, rest stops, functional and we'll situated bus stops, drainages, and many more.

Our road users, private and commercial are oblivious or even when aware, willingly and flagrantly disobey all road rules and signs.
Lastma, frsc police etc collect their egunje and look the other way.

One day, we will get it right.

Trust me, if that bus had stopped at a bus stop (off the highway), well away from highway traffic, this wouldn't have happened.

But yeah, let's blame the truck driver and the government.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
If u carry out investigation now u will find out the truck driver was drinking strong alcoholic drink (>50% gun) at the time of the accident.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by NkemChukwudi: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
kingthreat:
We know Ambode was a fat-headed thief but Sanwo-Olu is an incompetent clown

Go back to your rotten Igbo state. Who invited you here?
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by kingthreat(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Go back to your rotten Igbo state. Who invited you here?

I am not Igbo you low IQ mongrel
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by NkemChukwudi: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
kingthreat:

I am not Igbo you low IQ mongrel

Shut up Igbo man!!!!
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by jaxxy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
9icetoo:

I would love to get on the truck bashing spree but let's just take a step back and look at the pictures. I'm not saying the truck was road worthy but hear me out.
1. Is the road on which that truck is being driven truck/car worthy?
2. In the picture, is the container still securely latched to the truck or not? Tells you a bit about the state of the truck
3. Is a commercial bus supposed to stop on a highway to pick or drop off passengers?
Is it not supposed to park off the road at a designated bus stop?
4. Are commercial buses not supposed to be on the service lanes and not on the main highway? What was the commercial bus doing on the highway. Do you realise it is illegal to stop and park on a highway?

I'm not holding brief for anyone. I just wished people would ask the pertinent questions, get to the root causes of incidents and address them instead of being sentimental in their views.

May her soul rest in peace.

Hopefully, one day, we will get it right and reduce the avoidable loss of lives.

U probably don’t know that route so well, buses pack at designated bus tops tho no physical bstop structure in place. Bt let’s assume there was a physical bustop like we have on the Brt lane type. Do u think this accident cud have been avoided??

Nobody touched that truck so tell me how if feel?

That road is a newly built road at 85% completion. Trucks ply there to Mile2/Tincan/apapa axis.

Why did the truck fall exactly? The simple answer is over speeding and loss of control from Sm incident in the truck or outside it.

The bus based on current bus system layout has no single fault here. It Cleared of the Express as is common with that place. Then next side besides the bus is an open drainage system.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by 9icetoo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
jaxxy:

U probably don’t know that route so well, buses pack at designated bus tops tho no physical bstop structure in place. Bt let’s assume there was a physical bustop like we have on the Brt lane type. Do u think this accident cud have been avoided??

Nobody touched that truck so tell me how if feel?

That road is a newly built road at 85% completion. Trucks ply there to Mile2/Tincan/apapa axis.

Why did the truck fall exactly? The simple answer is over speeding and loss of control from Sm incident in the truck or outside it.

The bus based on current bus system layout has no single fault here. It Cleared of the Express as is common with that place. Then next side besides the bus is an open drainage system.
That road has a service lane right?
Was the bus on the service lane.
I am not holding brief for anyone.

I ply the gbagada oshodi expressway regularly. It is a common sight to see buses stopped on the newly constructed highway to drop and pickup passengers.
They also stop abruptly without any sign (which they obviously lack).
Sometimes, they park as a pair, leaving only one lane available (on a highway) for other motorists to pass.

We may never know what transpired.

1 Like

Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by ABOlaniyi: 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
Very sad occurrence.Rip
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Tapout(m): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
chi4ik:

accept my deepest condolences bro.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by jaxxy(m): 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
9icetoo:

That road has a service lane right?
Was the bus on the service lane.
I am not holding brief for anyone.

I ply the gbagada oshodi expressway regularly. It is a common sight to see buses stopped on the newly constructed highway to drop and pickup passengers.
They also stop abruptly without any sign (which they obviously lack).
Sometimes, they park as a pair, leaving only one lane available (on a highway) for other motorists to pass.

We may never know what transpired.

I’m also familiar with Gbagada express and it’s a much bigger road than the mile 2/oshodi one. Even the service lanes are access differently cos of crowd along the mile 2 side of which sm service lanes are even 2 ways rather than one way. Most buses drop passengers on the express and that’s the norm for years.

If u look carefully at the truck there was no collision or any sort. It just fell, tumbled at sm speed. Now I have seen these same bloody trucks carry loads or even containers and they are slanting to one side. People will stop and stare at the madness bt nobody know what exactly to do or say about it. It’s that sad.
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Tillatalk: 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
6 milions ways to die choose one
Re: Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice by Maafiaalady: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
chi4ik:

..accept my condolence...this happened at Sadiku/Ilasa from the pictures online..to think I saw the accident last Sunday..It wasn't a good sight. May her soul rest in peace and May God comfort your family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Tinubu At "South West Youth Rally For BAT 2023" / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja / Women In Hijab Smuggle Guns To Kidnappers Through Their Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.